CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #247003 - 11/03/14 06:51 PM

Not too bad for a team that sits at 7-2. ZOU was picked to finish 4th in the SEC East and got no love. After the Indiana loss, everyone said we would be 5-4 at this point looking at a bowl game from the outside, with road trips to Tennessee and A&M coming up.

It's ours to lose. 7-2 at this point is damn nice & in control of the East with 3 games to go. Dawgs have to play Auburn and that could be helpful also. Mizzou needs to win out, and make it on their own work.......and make another trip to Atlanta. Take control of their destiny and not wait for a Dawg's loss at home.

Repeating in the East, that might not get them any love with the haters or the nay Sayers, put 2 years out of 3 in the SEC title game Since the title games started in 1992, it is something Tenn hasn't done in 15 years. FL and the Dawgs have done it recently. SC has never done it. Kentucky, Old Piss, Candy, & A&M have never seen a title game. I know the West is a tougher division overall, but only Alabama has ever had a repeat title run in the west. If you asked folks if Mizzou or A&M would have a chance to repeat as champions in their division...........I bet 95% of people would say A&M.

Even if they go 2-1 that puts Mizzou at 9-3 of the season, with the possibility of another 10 win season. A Dawgs loss in there and we still get another repeat Title game with a couple shots to get the 10th win. Its a great time to be a Mizzou fan.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #247009 - 11/04/14 06:03 AM

I give credit to Pinkle and staff for changing their game to suit Mauks strengths and that of our run game.

And I feel pretty good about winning out due to the play of our D.

But I don't see it as a sure bet, not yet anyway. While we don't face any powerhouse teams to wrap up, it's this Missouri team that remains the issue.

But if we can do it, win out, I'll convert all the way and I might call this season one of Pinkels best ever, Indiana included.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#247040 - 11/06/14 12:38 PM

The game that scares me the most is actually the Arkansas game. The Pigs can run the ball and I think that potentially is the biggest weakness the tigers have on the defensive side of the ball.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: IIFID]
      #247113 - 11/14/14 08:42 AM

Well I guess they are all big from here on.

Looking for the MoMo D to keep this one close and let MM manage to establish the run and get what he can in the air.

Very tough crowd down there.

and Bama with a 10 point spread over Miss State???

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247120 - 11/14/14 06:01 PM

Tigers are anywhere from a 4 to a 6.5 favorite in Vegas. I am surprised by the size of that line to be honest after last week. I mean A & M just beat Auburn at Auburn?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

#247131 - 11/16/14 07:22 AM

A really big win down there. Missouri D is great to watch.

But I gotta say with all signs pointing to a good run game how is it we passed so much? Particularly on first down?

Now Tenn and Arkansas while the Dawgs play paddy cake.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#247133 - 11/16/14 07:50 AM

Wooo Pig Sooie!!

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: HAUS]
      #247135 - 11/16/14 12:17 PM

How bout them Dawgs!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: Bubba]
      #247151 - 11/17/14 07:18 AM

8-2..........and in the drivers seat. Back to back tough road crowds to play at. Tennessee will be packed just like Kyle Field was. Our D looked great. A couple let downs, but overall a great damn game for them. Mauk is starting to come around. His deep throws he doesn't step into them. His short to medium passes look great. Having Jimmy Hunt back helps out tremendously. We were a one dog show with Sasser. Mizzou ran the ball well against A&M which is expected. A very complete game in the pouring down rain in a hostle place. That's the team I've been waiting to see play.

No one gave this team much respect all year, nor did they expect them to be leading the east with 2 games left. 2 embarrassing home losses this season, & a chance to repeat. Very few would have thought that

--------------------

last_stand

#247152 - 11/17/14 07:59 AM

What's up with Tennessee dog?

Not sure about them, I see where they have lost to good teams on their schedule and heard they are playing well right now.

I'm thinking they are a pass first team?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247153 - 11/17/14 09:58 AM

The original starting QB is out, which doesn't shock me as many times as that kid got hit the first 5-6 weeks. They lost to four ranked teams. I hope it becomes 5 next week. They also lost to Florida at home and barely got by a horrible South Carolina team in OT. Their new QB has played good, but they have no returning starters on the OL or DL. They are a young team, and give them 3 years of starts.....and they should be experienced and competitive. A&M had a great experienced OL with a possible top 10 OT pick, and we got to their QB several times or forced him to throw early. I think our experienced DL wears down those true freshman. Old Piss got 7 sacks against them and their original QB was running for his life like he was all season.

Mizzou has the 4th best scoring D in the SEC. Bama & Old Piss gave Worley problems all game. I think our D does the same thing. They will be pass first, but their QB can run and they have a decent RB. Nothing like Chubb from the Dawgs. That kid is a damn beast. Auburn is glad that game is over. Chubbs made them look silly, and will continue to do that over the next few years.

I think our D holds strong. The damn penalties need to stop. That killed several drives and cost us lots of momentum.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247166 - 11/18/14 10:49 AM

Todd Gurley Free............only to blow out his knee. 2014 just isn't his year. He will be back but I wonder how far his draft stock falls now

Free Pete Rose dammit!!!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247172 - 11/18/14 10:23 PM

Mizzou is a 3 point underdog to 5-5 Tennessee. Apparently being 8-2 doesn't matter. Neither does leading the SEC East. 5-1 in conference play doesn't give you much respect against a team who is 2-4 in conference play. Never mind those 9 straight SEC road wins with a top 15 Defense. Please do continue to make Mizzou and underdog. I think they like that title and the disrespect. I know when someone tells me I can't do something, I do it just to prove them wrong.

2 games from a repeat SEC Eaat title.........and still an underdog who was picked to finish 4th. Win in Knoxville, and I bet Mizzou isn't given any respect for a home win against Arkansas with the experts. After watching Georgia Beat down Auburn and see what Mizzou did to A&M at BCS.......if say the West isn't as big and bad as they thought.

After watching TCU escape with a win against "HomeofToto", while FSU has squeezed by with 3+ wins........neither one should be anywhere close to qualifying for a playoff position for the National Title game.

--------------------

last_stand

#247174 - 11/19/14 06:17 AM

Pretty remarkable.

Somehow Tenn has turned heads the last two games and we have not.

They are playing well but the Mizz show at A&M was hardly chopped liver.

But bettors are not convinced the Tigers have moved on. Even the wins at SC and Fla were not sound. And the Indiana game will haunt them all year no matter.

Nothing wrong with under dog. Now just prove 'em wrong.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247178 - 11/19/14 06:28 PM

The Indiana game is hurting us in the Rankings. We might be ranked #13-15 with a win against them.....maybe even a little higher, but Bubba's dawgs beat the piss out of us at home. I don't see them ranking Mizzou higher than GA even if we won the Indiana game. As far as respect, yes everyone is waiting for Mizzou to have another Indiana let down.

Marcus Golden missed the Indiana game, which let them run away from Shane Ray all game. That was a huge loss for our D. The O line play was sketchy, but losing Gatti in the first quarter to a torn ACL, and Mizzou being forced to make up the O line on the fly didn't help. Since then the Mizzou O line has played pretty good and get better every game. Golden and Ray are healthy. Harold Brantley looks better each game. The D line is solid and

Tennessee would rather run the ball and will try to establish it early. Dobbs can pass, but I think he would rather run. Time to close out strong and piss on the haters.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247190 - 11/21/14 08:26 AM

Shane Ray leads the SEC on sacks and tackles for a loss. He is 3rd in the nation for those categories. He will be the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC........the best football conference in the country. He will be a top 5 overall pick in the draft.........possibly the #1 overall pick. Ray was a semifinalist for the Lombardi & Nagurski awards. National awards for the best Defensive Player and an award for the best Defensive Lineman/Linebacker. He made the semifinal cut but but didn't make the Finalist list. Potential SEC Defensive POY & overall #1 draft pick and he isn't a finalist.

Another snub to Mizzou. Is a "HomeofToto" grad in charge of counting votes???? Seriously. He plays for a team leading their conference and is sitting at 8-2 overall. Reminds me of Chase Coffman being a second team Big 12 TE in 2008, yet he was a Consensus First Team All American & won the Mackey Award for the best TE in the same season.

He might have a chip on his shoulder this weekend. I wouldn't want to be the one blocking him.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247191 - 11/21/14 12:15 PM

The Vols leading tackler and starting center are both out for the game. The Vegas line is still the Vols at 3.5 - I don't get it. The O/U is around 49 so Vegas expects a relatively low scoring game.

I like the disrespect from the "chip on the shoulder" standpoint for the team and coaches. I don't expect MU to get respect in the SEC itself until they're there for a minimum of 10 years. Even when (if) they win the East again they still won't get it.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247192 - 11/21/14 02:20 PM

Mizzou could win the east, beat Bama by 30 points in the SEC title game, and they stil wouldn't get respect. Mizzou had numerous injuries the 1st year in the SEC, but all I heard was Mizzou shouldn't have left the Big 12. Injuries didn't matter. MU was overmatched, unprepared, and lacked depth. Never mind the injuries. Last year GA & FL had the same problem, but injuries were a factor and it was called a rebuilding year. Now heading into year 3, Mizzou has a shot at a repeat title. Mizzou won the East last year and was passed over for better bowls, and beat OSU who was supposed to beat us. A repeat in the East,still won't get the attention of anyone, and I'm sure we miss out on one of the big bowls with GA getting a bigger better bowl game even with their second place finish. Champions in a division should get the 1st choice or be selected first. Period. Allowing the Bowl to do the selecting is a big problem.

Old Piss it hey are saying will hut the Orange bowl. Same record as Mizzou. If Mizzou wins out they are 10-2. Old Piss has to play Arkansas and Piss State. I see Piss State winning that one. So a 9-3 Old Poss team who finishes 3rd or 4th in its Division is rewarded with a trip to the Orange Bowl over a 10-2 Division winning team. Makes perfect sense. Same as Auburn to the Citrus Bowl. The better the record and hugher the placement in division places should determine bowl placemwnt. Miszou will lose out on Millioms if the bowl pick another school with a weaker record.

Piss on the haters. They said we couldnt do it last year. They picked us to finish 4th this year. They say Mizzou can't repeat, and they have Tennessee still picked as favorites. I imagine a 9-2 Mizzou wont get any more respect next week heading into a game against Arkansas.

--------------------

last_stand

#247194 - 11/21/14 03:46 PM

I agree we are not getting due respect this year and certainly not last year the way that whole post season played out.

But I will give the Vols some respect. They too are pretty much rebuilding. And one thing they have over Mizz is they have not lost to a team they should not have lost to. This is their last shot to beat a ranked team. They have Vandy next. What better way to end the season than get this one and the next and get a decent bowl. They will be highly motivated.

Back to MoMo, that Indy game is a real problem.

We are 8-2 and I said 8 wins is a success this year. Tigers may be passing my expectations I will wait and see.

If we play like we did down in Texas, good things are ahead. But for gods sake, if they give us the run.....RUN the forker.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247195 - 11/21/14 04:24 PM

I realize the Indiana game is hurting us...........but who in college football doesn't play a shitty game once a year. Florida State has played about 5 shitty games.......granted they won them in the end, but they look like crap. TCU barely getting by "HomeofToto",

Georgia lost to Florida and South Carolina. Both horrible this year. Auburn has lost 3 and was embarressed two straight weeks by GA and A&M. Wisconsin sucked at Northwestern. It happens. We had an injured key player on D and lost one on O to start the game. Other ranked teams lay an egg and have a bad game.......it's a fluke. Just one game. It doesn't hurt them all season. Mizzou..........well it follows then around like the redheaded psycho girlfriend you broke up with 10 years ago.

Missou embarressed Florida in the Swamp..........and a horrible Florida team embarressed Georgia between the Hedges...........yet GA isn't disrespected or an underdog against unranked teams. Just typical chit. I think it's good bulletin material to call Mizzou an underdog. Tell Shane Tay he isn't that good.

Lose and folks will say to told you so. Win out and folks will say its a fluke. Disrespected in the Bjg 12. Same thing in the SEC but with an extra 30 million a year in the bank. After bowl season and the new formula for payouts...........Missori will have even new money to piss away, that they wouldn't see in the big 12

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247197 - 11/21/14 05:03 PM

Halfie and my cousin the national college sportswriter aka NostraDennis says the Tigers will win in Knoxville. He is almost as good as Griffin as prognosticating.. just saying'

--------------------

last_stand

#247198 - 11/21/14 06:35 PM

I think they are gonna win that game too. A good D makes it a lot easier to predict outcomes and that's why I'm down for a win.

Dog I agree with ya on the perception thing. And even though a lot of pretenders like SC get away with a bunch of cred without ever winning a thing it's pretty clear if MoMo wants national limelight we will have to produce for sustained periods to get it. The SEC has been a great move for us. It's pretty much been a blast. Tigers win enough in this conference and the rest will take care of itself.

This is big for us. 2 year East Champs can't be thrown under the rug. Yeah we missed "the big 3" with this years schedule but the more wins the better and the more whining from down South the better.

Here's to the Tigers taking care of biz on Saturday!

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#247201 - 11/22/14 09:39 AM

Hey BFF , in your rant you left out one embarrassing game....

Dawgs -34
Tigers- Squadoosh

That being said I hope Mizzou and GA win out.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#247203 - 11/22/14 01:38 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Halfie and my cousin the national college sportswriter aka NostraDennis says the Tigers will win in Knoxville. He is almost as good as Griffin as prognosticating.. just saying'

Go ahead and laugh, laughy laugh boy. Did I not predict, on 11/19, that the Tigers would be 8-2 after 10 games?

I rest my case.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: griffin]
      #247207 - 11/22/14 07:18 PM

Sitting on the couch watching the game. It is halftime and tied 13-13. If the special teams weren't playing with their heads up their arses, receivers could hold on to passes that hit their hands and they could eliminate the damn penalties, they could crush this team. Clean things up and they win by 2 scores or more. Keep playing sloppy and they lose.

Unlike the early Pinkel years, these recent Mizzou teams seems to come out and play good / better 2nd halves. Looking for more of that now.

Terrible officiating... But you have to expect Mizzou was going to get abused by the crooked SEC officials. Got to overcome it and move on...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1349 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12548

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page