CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: IIFID]
      #246904 - 10/28/14 05:42 PM

So....I will come clean on this.

I never received my stamp in the mail. Was in Wally World the other night picking up some 20 gauge shells last minute for the daughter and thought....screw it...If they have them I will just buy one.

The guy said yeah, I can sell you one but you just get a paper copy right now and they will send you one in the mail. I told him to hell with that....done did it once and still waiting.

So fast forward to today, I called MDC and talked to the permit office. Lady, who I won't mention her name but wrote it on the back of my paper copy in case it is needed later, said even though it says 45 days on the paper it is still good. She gave me the number to the private company that is selling them for the Feds and I called them.

They asked my name and confirmed my address based upon the name only. Said they will get a replacement out to me in the mail today. No questions as if there might maybe could be more than just a few of us in the same pirogue...so to speak.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: dabs]
      #246906 - 10/28/14 07:14 PM

Brooke wanted to bow hunt for deer (yeah, she killed one, another story, but my 14 year old daughter is badazz with a bow) so we went to cabelas to get her tag. No dice....someone else had already used her SSN. I went home and tried to buy it online.....still no dice, "number already used".......so I did what any sensible person would do when faced with this dilemma.........I bought her a tag using her mom's SSN.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: uphill

Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: griffin]
      #246907 - 10/28/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Brooke wanted to bow hunt for deer (yeah, she killed one, another story, but my 14 year old daughter is badazz with a bow) so we went to cabelas to get her tag. No dice....someone else had already used her SSN. I went home and tried to buy it online.....still no dice, "number already used".......so I did what any sensible person would do when faced with this dilemma.........I bought her a tag using her mom's SSN.

griffin

and people say you can't get good information from this site

well played
Well played indeed

flocked

Reged: 12/16/06
Loc: missouri

Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: griffin]
      #246916 - 10/29/14 07:32 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

hmmmmmmmmm maybe ill buy my wife a duck stamp and we [I mean she] can get a limit of honks too

DjF
little buddie

Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: flocked]
      #246917 - 10/29/14 08:35 AM

for some reason, I couldn't get tags or the stamp online, so I made up a SSN, got them right away, stamp in a week...

actually, stamp was delivered in about 2 weeks...

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

DuckMeRunnin

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: Electronic Federal Duck Stamp [Re: DjF]
      #246928 - 10/29/14 02:49 PM

A few minutes ago, I walked into the post office to get my Fed. stamp.

45 seconds and 15 bucks later, I walked out and got in my truck.

All that technology bullchit sure is convenient.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1300

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page