CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #248596 - 04/24/15 07:39 AM

What has he said or done to indicate that Griff? I'm on the westside so we don't hear all that much about the Note but I hadn't heard anything about this being his last year?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: IIFID]
      #248600 - 04/24/15 08:49 AM

I probably wont get to see tonight's game. But I'll listen to some or all of it on the radio. Guessing it will be much closer to the 2-1 or 3-2 scores we normally see in playoffs.

Good to see them rebound and play like they're capable. Another effort like that and they'll break the spirit of Minnesota and roll to a 6 game series win. If they revert back and let Minn get on top again, who knows?

I tend to think winning cures everything. The Hitch/Oshie rift will be a distant memory, if they are hoisting a Cup.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #248601 - 04/24/15 09:37 AM

This team has the talent and is capable of a very deep run - when they play the right way - intense, physical, cutting down on turnovers and not trying to be too cute.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#248608 - 04/24/15 01:09 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
What has he said or done to indicate that Griff? I'm on the westside so we don't hear all that much about the Note but I hadn't heard anything about this being his last year?

In an interview a few months ago he said that he was going to throw it in du8ring the first part of this year, but that he wanted to see it through and went on about how much the team's good play rejuvenated him. I don't think he has another year in him.

He's 64 this year.....I bet he's done no matter what happens.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#248625 - 04/25/15 09:11 AM

Where is the light switch????

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: wuchang]
      #248626 - 04/25/15 03:19 PM

Where is Lost Stand?

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #248627 - 04/25/15 03:40 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Where is Lost Stand?

He is 3 days into drafting a policy manual for the boat building forum

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: dabs]
      #248640 - 04/26/15 04:32 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

Bubba said:
Where is Lost Stand?

He is 3 days into drafting a policy manual for the boat building forum

Bwahahahahahahaha..........

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: foots]
      #248641 - 04/26/15 05:56 AM

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I see great things ahead.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #248642 - 04/26/15 08:21 AM

Is that the Fat Lady I hear warming up?

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#248647 - 04/26/15 04:56 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Is that the Fat Lady I hear warming up?

Nope

It is Willy singing

Turn Out The Lights....The Party's Over

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#248649 - 04/26/15 05:50 PM

The St. Louis Cubs err Blues ending yet another playoff season... Sssiiiggghhh

--------------------

MB2

#248650 - 04/26/15 09:45 PM

~~sigh*``

You might have to get Wu to check, but there isn't anywhere better to watch The Notes go down to The Wild than the Embassy Suites in Bridgeton, Mo @ St. Louis, Lambert Airport. At least you can drink for 2 hours straight for free, after visiting with your niece and her kids for the weekend.

Must go home tomorrow.....where no one know anything about hockey..... lol

wuchangAdministrator

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: MB2]
      #248651 - 04/27/15 04:17 AM

Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
~~sigh*``

You might have to get Wu to check, but there isn't anywhere better to watch The Notes go down to The Wild than the Embassy Suites in Bridgeton, Mo @ St. Louis, Lambert Airport. At least you can drink for 2 hours straight for free, after visiting with your niece and her kids for the weekend.

Must go home tomorrow.....where no one know anything about hockey..... lol

Have a good trip darlin-- no one here knows anything about hockey either

last_stand

#248652 - 04/27/15 05:27 AM

There is a new core for the future of this team.

I count 5 players that belong to it. And 3 of them play on the fourth line.

Doug, please blow the rest of this team up. And blow them sky high.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#248653 - 04/27/15 07:30 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
There is a new core for the future of this team.

I count 5 players that belong to it. And 3 of them play on the fourth line.

Doug, please blow the rest of this team up. And blow them sky high.

And I thought Flubs fans were optimists!

--------------------

sptsman

#248654 - 04/27/15 07:59 AM

Changes need to be made. Changes will be made. To have this much talent and not be able to advance past the first round is unacceptable...

Quite honestly, the only thing I really feel bad about is the owner's situation. Tom Stillman bought this team (with some help but a huge investment for him) and NEEDED the Blues to go past the first round to be profitable. He has opened the pocketbook when necessary and has a true passion for the game and love of the Blues. He is what the Blues have needed in an owner for a loooong time. I hope he can afford to stick with it...

It was pretty impressive to watch Minnesota play with such discipline and organization. They had a game plan and executed it flawlessly. Other than Game 4, that was a playoff ready team. I can see them beating another team in a 7 game series, if they keep playing like that. In contrast, the Blues spent most of the series chasing the Wild around like it was the B-team chasing around the Varsity team. They looked disorganized and scattered much of the time. You could see absence of a cohesive team supporting the puck offensively and defending as a five-man unit. They were just simply outplayed by a group of less talented players that wanted it more and were willing to play together, as a team, to win...

As for the rest of these worthless forks, get rid of the whole stinkin' lot of them, with the exception of Shattenkirk and Tarasenko. I would have said Schwartz too but he was a big disappointment in the playoffs as well. Of course that isn't going to happen, so we'll just have to sit back and see what Armstrong and Stillman decide. My best guess is Hitchcock retires and they have a new HC.

Sorry last stand, Backes just doesn't get it. Whether it is his low IQ or just something in him, he just doesn't get it. But on the bright side, he now has a bunch of extra time to scour the alleys of St. Louis for stray animals to rescue. He may have great skills and the potential to be a great player but his leadership skills and ability to come up big when needed most are non-existent. A "Captain" has to take some responsibility for rallying the troops, for picking them up after some adversity, for leading... Let's hope a new look for the Blues includes a new Captain and a new role for Backes... And let's be clear, Backes is not the reason the Blues are starting their summer vacation today. But to think it isn't a part of the problem is to have blinders on and refuse to recognize a pretty significant issue.

This is from Sports Illustrated: "And then there's the captain. David Backes has scored five goals in 28 playoff games, and just one in his past 10. Everything about him and his game screams postseason warrior and yet he was all but invisible in this series, going 1-1-2 while registering 10 shots in six games. The Blues have won just 10 playoff games while he's been in the lineup. Is he really the player that a team can be built around up front?"

Go Cards!!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#248655 - 04/27/15 08:44 AM

I stand by what I said earlier that while the players are culpable for this cluster too, a lot of this debacle (and the last couple playoff series) can, and should, be laid at Hitchcock's feet. Yep he has won an assload of regular season games. And yep a long time ago he coached a Stanley Cup winner. But look at his PLAYOFF resume since he left Dallas. I hope he does retire because we will continue to have no hope of getting anywhere with him coaching this group of players.

--------------------

last_stand

#248656 - 04/27/15 10:15 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Changes need to be made. Changes will be made. To have this much talent and not be able to advance past the first round is unacceptable...

Quite honestly, the only thing I really feel bad about is the owner's situation. Tom Stillman bought this team (with some help but a huge investment for him) and NEEDED the Blues to go past the first round to be profitable. He has opened the pocketbook when necessary and has a true passion for the game and love of the Blues. He is what the Blues have needed in an owner for a loooong time. I hope he can afford to stick with it...

It was pretty impressive to watch Minnesota play with such discipline and organization. They had a game plan and executed it flawlessly. Other than Game 4, that was a playoff ready team. I can see them beating another team in a 7 game series, if they keep playing like that. In contrast, the Blues spent most of the series chasing the Wild around like it was the B-team chasing around the Varsity team. They looked disorganized and scattered much of the time. You could see absence of a cohesive team supporting the puck offensively and defending as a five-man unit. They were just simply outplayed by a group of less talented players that wanted it more and were willing to play together, as a team, to win...

As for the rest of these worthless forks, get rid of the whole stinkin' lot of them, with the exception of Shattenkirk and Tarasenko. I would have said Schwartz too but he was a big disappointment in the playoffs as well. Of course that isn't going to happen, so we'll just have to sit back and see what Armstrong and Stillman decide. My best guess is Hitchcock retires and they have a new HC.

Sorry last stand, Backes just doesn't get it. Whether it is his low IQ or just something in him, he just doesn't get it. But on the bright side, he now has a bunch of extra time to scour the alleys of St. Louis for stray animals to rescue. He may have great skills and the potential to be a great player but his leadership skills and ability to come up big when needed most are non-existent. A "Captain" has to take some responsibility for rallying the troops, for picking them up after some adversity, for leading... Let's hope a new look for the Blues includes a new Captain and a new role for Backes... And let's be clear, Backes is not the reason the Blues are starting their summer vacation today. But to think it isn't a part of the problem is to have blinders on and refuse to recognize a pretty significant issue.

This is from Sports Illustrated: "And then there's the captain. David Backes has scored five goals in 28 playoff games, and just one in his past 10. Everything about him and his game screams postseason warrior and yet he was all but invisible in this series, going 1-1-2 while registering 10 shots in six games. The Blues have won just 10 playoff games while he's been in the lineup. Is he really the player that a team can be built around up front?"

Go Cards!!

I am now ready for a new Captain.

And you can ship Tennille out too.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#248657 - 04/27/15 10:22 AM

This is all a lot more entertaining if you go back and start from the first post 6 months ago..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#248658 - 04/27/15 10:25 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Go Cards!!

I am now ready for a new Captain.

And you can ship Tennille out too.

Is that Oshie?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#248659 - 04/27/15 10:43 AM

Can ANYONE tell me why Bortuzzo was a 6 game scratch? Unreal. He was brought here to add some physical play and stand up opponents at the blue line.....which he did well. WTF????????

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#248660 - 04/27/15 10:50 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Can ANYONE tell me why Bortuzzo was a 6 game scratch? Unreal. He was brought here to add some physical play and stand up opponents at the blue line.....which he did well. WTF????????

Ask your Stanley Cup winning coach.

--------------------

sptsman

#248661 - 04/27/15 11:22 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

I hope he had one the mystery injuries that NHL teams try to hide... If that was the case and he was only available in an emergency, so be it. Otherwise it is confusing...

That being said, I don't think the defense was as much of a problem as the offense. I didn't like the way they gave up the blueline and they occasionally looked disorganized. But overall, the defense was not at culpable as the offense. And when I say offense, I mean the forwards coming into the defensive zone to support the defense, the transition play and their play in the offensive zone. The forwards were pathetic overall.

This series loss just goes to show that it takes more than raw talent to win. You need coaching that can utilize it properly and the talented players willing to buy-in and play like a team.

--------------------

last_stand

#248662 - 04/27/15 01:12 PM

I disagreed with the Bortuzzo benching each game. Gunnerson did play better than I expected, but IMO Bortuzzo could have shared time with him to see if he could have provided a spark.

Heck, I'd take Bortuzzo over what I saw from Bowmeister any day.

Last time for me on this, and I know he is not perfect, but when you have the same sposedly talented core group of guys for what now last 5-6 years do the same thing each Spring and listen to the same lame excuses each year AND do it under 3 different forkin coach's..........well.........it's pretty forkin clear where your problem lies.

And to wrap things up we can talk about modern history of St Louis Blues playoff goal tenders.

It's a good'n. Maybe I'll save that for next week. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 837 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17726

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page