CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #247566 - 12/31/14 06:50 AM

So we ride with 3 goalies until Schwartz comes back in a month?? Then what? This isn't just hedging your bets.....this is more "I don't know wtf to do".

When I think about the Blues and goalies over the past 25 years I think about oil and water.

As for the rest of their problems I am not sure what I am seeing. One night it's bad tending, the next it's horrible passing/transition play, next it's an open door at the blue line...........there's so much going wrong so often you would pretty much have to consider nuking the STC to be sure you got it fixed.

It's always about the players but can't tell me Hitchcock can go on with business as usual. It's nearly January now and yeah there's still plenty of time but soon Captain Kangaroo better have something worked out beyond "buying into the system" that's failing out there on a regular basis.

I must say with my "New Blue Philosophy" much of this has been pretty easy to handle this year. It's kinda like Hitch's "system"......you gotta buy in.......that the only thing that matters is winning playoff hockey.

The rest of it is all foreplay. And as Bubba said the other day, "who the fork but me really needs foreplay?"

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#247568 - 12/31/14 08:16 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
You are not the boss of me!

Bwaaaaahahahahaha!!! I was talking about the idea of even having a Captain, not your comment.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #247585 - 01/02/15 10:14 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Bubba said:
You are not the boss of me!

Bwaaaaahahahahaha!!! I was talking about the idea of even having a Captain, not your comment.

griffin

Geez griff, we wait days for his input and you go and insult him. I hope he forgives you and doesn't stop posting his thoughts on Blues hockey!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

sptsman

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #247587 - 01/02/15 10:45 AM

Lots of trade rumors swirling. I can't imagine any team being dumb enough to take Berglund and his salary but I can keep hoping...

The word is they need to free up cap space to sign Tarasenko. He's going to cost $6-$7+ per year and they can't have some of the other salaries they have to make it work. I can't say I'd argue with doing whatever it takes to sign him. That is a once in 20-30 year player.

I think this team also misses the steady, solid play of guys like Polak and Sobotka. I was very disappointed to see both of them go. Polak was about a strong and steady on defense as they come. Sobotka was the best faceoff man I've seen in a Blues sweater in years, not to mention his great two-way play. Talk about a guy that played 200'.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#247604 - 01/03/15 09:48 AM

The slide continues...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: IIFID]
      #247605 - 01/03/15 10:31 AM

Sweater? How can it be called a sport if you play in a sweater ?

( excluding the grand sport of golf!)

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247609 - 01/03/15 03:52 PM

The St. Louis Blues have a GOALIE problem......that's it. Look at where they were before Elliot went down and where they have been since.

You guys overthink this crap.

If the Blues wouldn't have broke up one of the top 5 goalie tandems in the league last year we would not have been bounced as quickly as we were.....but no, you and the other boneheads wanted a goalie who could "get us into the finals"......so you got rid of part of a pair who could do it, only to bring on an epic head case.

Funny how this year it was Elliot, but last year he couldn't do it.

Brodouer is finished.....he looks horrible....and even looking that bad he can shore up the team because they at least have SOME degree of confidence in him. Not so for Allen. Allen is SO not ready for any type of regular NHL duty.....he should go back down. Elliot will help right the ship.

You can blame whatever other part of the Blue's game you want as the problem.......but every single player out there knows who is in net when they take the ice....it affects every facet of the game. And right now, the Blues have a GOALIE problem.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#247612 - 01/04/15 07:49 AM

You think "Blues have a goalie problem" is some kind of news?

Halak was here for 4 years. Armstrongs own guy. He never did chit. He hated it here and finally no one wanted him here. He brewed, he stewed, he whined. A real headcase. He was never going to win anything here.

As for Allen, did you not wonder why he never played a game up here all of last year? With all the problems we had?

As for Elliott, he's always been under rated overall as a goalie imo. Ottowa and St. Louis. My ONLY complaint about him is his own playoff performance. Both series he's had, he folded with soft goals after playing brilliantly early on to open the series up. And THAT'S why Armstrong did what he did last year. Right or wrong, that's why he did it. THAT'S why he brought Miller in net for post season. You wanna make a point over and over how wrong it was fine. Pretty clear it didn't work out, and you can think whatever the fork you want but not for one second do I think Halak was ever going to bring us anything.

I don't call Elliott a mistake. Not by a long shot. And he's been unfairly maligned by a lot of fans here. But Halak, Miller and very possibly Allen ARE mistakes. And that just covers the last 4 years of the Blues long running woes in goal.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #247613 - 01/04/15 01:10 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

You think "Blues have a goalie problem" is some kind of news?

Halak was here for 4 years. Armstrongs own guy. He never did chit. He hated it here and finally no one wanted him here. He brewed, he stewed, he whined. A real headcase. He was never going to win anything here.

As for Allen, did you not wonder why he never played a game up here all of last year? With all the problems we had?

As for Elliott, he's always been under rated overall as a goalie imo. Ottowa and St. Louis. My ONLY complaint about him is his own playoff performance. Both series he's had, he folded with soft goals after playing brilliantly early on to open the series up. And THAT'S why Armstrong did what he did last year. Right or wrong, that's why he did it. THAT'S why he brought Miller in net for post season. You wanna make a point over and over how wrong it was fine. Pretty clear it didn't work out, and you can think whatever the fork you want but not for one second do I think Halak was ever going to bring us anything.

I don't call Elliott a mistake. Not by a long shot. And he's been unfairly maligned by a lot of fans here. But Halak, Miller and very possibly Allen ARE mistakes. And that just covers the last 4 years of the Blues long running woes in goal.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This from the guy who sang the praises of Miller and Allen and has always talked Elliot down. What a damn joke.

The fact remains..... Halak and Elliot were one of the top goalie tandems in the league last year and the Blues were at the top of their game.......and then we brought the forking head case idiot in. You all sang like little girls.....and the entire season went up in smoke.

Shameful.

--------------------

last_stand

#247615 - 01/05/15 06:39 AM

Blah blah blah. Two months ago you said this team was the best in hockey. Now it's all ruined because Halak isn't here? Good grief man.

When did I rave on Allen? I wondered why he wasn't brought up last year, now I know why.

The main thing I've said negative on Elliott is about his post season play the past 2 years.

Best tandem in hockey? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............right, Armstrong got rid of Halak, who he traded for, who he waited for, who never did chit here in 4 years, for the fun of it. And just when he was ready to come thru.

You can't make this kind of good chit up.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #247617 - 01/05/15 07:29 AM

Back to you Bubba!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247618 - 01/05/15 09:17 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Blah blah blah. Two months ago you said this team was the best in hockey. Now it's all ruined because Halak isn't here? Good grief man.

When did I rave on Allen? I wondered why he wasn't brought up last year, now I know why.

The main thing I've said negative on Elliott is about his post season play the past 2 years.

Best tandem in hockey? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............right, Armstrong got rid of Halak, who he traded for, who he waited for, who never did chit here in 4 years, for the fun of it. And just when he was ready to come thru.

You can't make this kind of good chit up.

Listen you bonehead....the fact of the matter is that as a tandem, Halak and Elliot had the 4th best GAA in the league when Halak was traded. No, I never said Halak should be the starter.....I said Elliot should be the starter, and he should have. Instead we traded for ANOTHER starter, who would be better off as a spokesman for Zanax, and put Elliot on the bench. It was crap then and it's crap now.

And Allen.......fork Allen. He hasn't shown me chit. I hope they trade his arse.

Remember......this team also had Bishop a few years ago. I have no idea who makes the call on goalies for this organization.....but he needs to sit down and shut the fork up.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247623 - 01/05/15 03:47 PM

And all of them have forked up foot work damnit!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247624 - 01/05/15 06:54 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

That may be true for Last Stand and sptsman, but Bubba can dance.....I've seen it.

griffin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#247625 - 01/05/15 09:09 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

That may be true for Last Stand and sptsman, but Bubba can dance.....I've seen it.

griffin

I'm sure that there are some folks here that have a video they can post up as proof that Bubba can hang with anything you will see on Dancing With The Stars

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: wuchang]
      #247626 - 01/06/15 09:23 AM

Umm.. we do need to see that...

--------------------

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

#247628 - 01/06/15 01:44 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Umm.. we do need to see that...

Uhhh..........no we don't. Bubba aint getting any younger ya know.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: foots]
      #247629 - 01/06/15 02:10 PM

You can see him on the new hit ABC series -

Dancing with the Scars!! :lol:

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: dabs]
      #247630 - 01/06/15 02:22 PM

Duko.....don't even...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: dabs]
      #247631 - 01/06/15 02:34 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
You can see him on the new hit ABC series -

Dancing with the Scars!! :lol:

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: HAUS]
      #247645 - 01/08/15 01:51 PM

Five Blues players with a hat trick this season. I think they are tied for third most goals in the League. I thought Hitch was a defensive genius???

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#247646 - 01/08/15 02:13 PM

Welp..the last game was a shutout
Odd that no 1 said a word bout that lowly Capitan.
Suppose Ariz. was just a tune-up for the upcoming home stand

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

sptsman

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: fastman]
      #247647 - 01/08/15 03:10 PM

Quote:

fastman said:

Odd that no 1 said a word bout that lowly Capitan.

Then let me reiterate what I have always said. Backes is a very good player. He could even be great. He has the skills and the heart. But he is dumb as a bag of hammers and his being the Captain is an obstacle this team has to overcome. I think they can, as long as one of the strays he picks up on the way to the games doesn't bite Tarasenko and give him rabies...

Think Pete Rose. Great talent, grinder, big heart but dumber than dirt. Too stupid to get out of his own way. Pete Rose is David Backes, without all the stray animals.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247648 - 01/08/15 03:36 PM

FREE DAVID BACKES!!!.........wait......what?

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247649 - 01/08/15 03:43 PM

Crap... just waiting now til DB is caught betting on hockey..

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 251 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17725

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page