CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: IIFID]
      #247892 - 02/06/15 08:21 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
13 game point streak! And don't look now but the Note sits atop the Central..

While finishing first will be beneficial for the playoffs, I am not losing sleep over it. A Cup is the only goal this year. I could care less about the Presidents Trophy or anything else. It is Stanley Cup or bust!!!

That being said, this team is fun to watch...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #247894 - 02/07/15 06:12 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Wow!!!!

If we just had Ryan Miller.

griffin

I believe the "Beating a dead horse smilie" was created with Griffin specifically in mind.. jes sayin'..

'Tis true.......I'm never going to get over breaking up what was one of the best goalie tandems in hockey at the time for a washed up head case....and the fawning by these idiots over it.

No, I don't think Halak was a #1.....but even then Elliot sure as hell was. That trade was an abortion....and we got dick for Halak.

The Blues and their fans are retards when it comes to goalies. Uh......just a reminder.....we had Bishop too.

griffin

You think if we had kept the headcase we would have done something in the playoffs last year?? Right.

Yeah it was not a great trade. BFD. EXCEPT half of it was. He dumped Halak. DA did get that right. Hell of a silver lining if you ask me.

And as far as this great tandem of yours goes, funny but A) in 4 years it never got us jack sh1t and B) so far Elliott has NEVER played better for a more sustained period of time since the midget left town.

In fact I'll put money on it Ell's is the happiest guy in town that he's gone. 'Splain that.

No wait. Forget about that. I'll just wait for your next regularly scheduled tirade on trading Halak.

bwaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #247895 - 02/07/15 07:49 AM

You bonehead. I have no problem with Halak being gone. Except that he would be a better backup than Allen is. My problem was always that Elliot should have been the #1.....as he is now. I'm ok with Allen....but he's a long way from being able to carry the team. Elliot can, and he could have last year. He is one of the top goalies in the league.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#247896 - 02/07/15 01:12 PM

Yeah , but , Elliot stunk up the place last night..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #247897 - 02/07/15 01:16 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Beano might help

last_stand

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #247898 - 02/07/15 04:21 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Holy chit.

Now we got a dixie boy wagon jumper talkin smack about friggen ice hockey.

Bubba.......stick with grits.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

#247905 - 02/09/15 07:12 AM

Yesterday's Hawks game was a statement game. The Hawks made it perfectly clear they are still the team to beat and did so in the Blues' own house. The Blues made a clear statement that they can play pretty good but will likely get knocked out in the early rounds of the playoffs. Elliott made a statement that when it gets down to crunch time and he needs to make big saves to win a game, he just isn't up to it. I hope he changes but he he is showing why they got Miller last year. All three of those goals were good plays by the Hawks and a few bad plays by the Blues. But you couldn't rate any of them "unstoppable" for a top tier goalie. The loss certainly wasn't Elliotts fault but he could have made the win his to own...

Still time to work on some of the poor outlet passes and mishaps that lead to scoring chances but that time is getting short. They miss Shattenkirk to be sure but all teams have to deal with injury and adversity. Of all the defensemen only Cole seems to have stepped up his play to compensate for the shortage. And he wasn't exactly Norris material before... Very disappointing to see Petro and Bouwmeester playing at such average levels...

This is where Hitchcock earns his paycheck...

Go Blue!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #247906 - 02/09/15 08:48 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Yesterday's Hawks game was a statement game.

I love the way "hockey people" throw this term around. What a crock of horseshit. The Blues need to make some adjustments now that Shattenkirk is down.....that's pretty much the only thing that has changed from the team that took 25 of 26 points before losing the last two. This game says NOTHING about this team that has played 7 games in 11 days without some big guns....traveling back and forth non-stop.

Geezus....."statement game".....forking stop already. There are 28 games left.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#247907 - 02/09/15 10:11 AM

I really outta stick wiff goff cause Its obvious that I know more bout pasture pool ( you can add regular pool 2 ) ( cept Duko ..he whipped me bad @ Delta get-2-gether in Kirkwad @ billards ) & can prolly outgoff 99.99% of u yeah oozs still.

I regress to what I've seen from the Blues lately.
Allen should be the man right now.
Jack (masterbateman) has been horrible.
For sure the absence of Shatt. is a HUGE factor all-around.

Maybe Hitch can get Tiger to give the Note a pep talk in the near future. Woods will prolly have the "rest" of the year for such engagements

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: fastman]
      #247908 - 02/09/15 10:14 AM

& woods could prolly "hook' some of the dudes up with some local talent for off-nights

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: fastman]
      #247909 - 02/09/15 01:57 PM

Quote:

fastman said:

& can prolly outgoff 99.99% of u yeah oozs still.

]
I AM that .01% !!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

#247910 - 02/09/15 01:59 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

I love the way "hockey people" throw this term around. What a crock of horseshit. The Blues need to make some adjustments now that Shattenkirk is down.....that's pretty much the only thing that has changed from the team that took 25 of 26 points before losing the last two. This game says NOTHING about this team that has played 7 games in 11 days without some big guns....traveling back and forth non-stop.

People throw that around because it has some merit. You really don't think the Hawks left STL Sunday afternoon feeling just a little more confident about who they are and how they just handled the Blues? You really don't think some, if not most of the Blues felt they were just reminded of the last two years of playoff exits (one of which was by the Hawks!!)? You really don't think Elliott left that building wondering "what if" he would have made just one or two more saves? No doubt he has the talent and skills. The doubt is whether or not he has the mental toughness to succeed in the big games. Yesterday was a big game...

I am placing all of my hope in the fact the Hitchcock can coach them through this and have them ready for the playoffs. And I'm praying like hell Elliott can finally rise to the occasion, instead of folding like a cheap tent when he's needed the most...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #247911 - 02/09/15 02:41 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

People throw that around because it has some merit. You really don't think the Hawks left STL Sunday afternoon feeling just a little more confident about who they are and how they just handled the Blues? You really don't think some, if not most of the Blues felt they were just reminded of the last two years of playoff exits (one of which was by the Hawks!!)? You really don't think Elliott left that building wondering "what if" he would have made just one or two more saves? No doubt he has the talent and skills. The doubt is whether or not he has the mental toughness to succeed in the big games. Yesterday was a big game...

I am placing all of my hope in the fact the Hitchcock can coach them through this and have them ready for the playoffs. And I'm praying like hell Elliott can finally rise to the occasion, instead of folding like a cheap tent when he's needed the most...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No, I think Elliot probably left that building thinking....I'm hungry, let's go grab a burger.

I believe Hitchcock's answer when asked if this was a "character game" (another made up phrase by hockey dimwits) was, "uh....not with a third of the schedule still to play".

Seriously......we can save the catchy hockey phrases for a while and just enjoy some really good hockey.

Two losses and you revert to meaningless hockey clichés.....you sound like Backes.

I'm thinking we should take your moderator status away and make you Captain.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#247918 - 02/10/15 09:02 AM

Hawks lost a statement game to the Coyotes last night at home. Now the Coyotes have another statement game tonight with the Note at Scotttrade.
Any statements regarding this Griffin, Bubba, sptsman, etc.??

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247920 - 02/10/15 09:50 AM

Oh man....you mean the Hawks lost a Character home game after 6 road games. I bet they left the rink wanting to slit their wrists.

Damn....all that confidence they got after winning the Statement game against the Blues is all gone now.

Crushing.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247921 - 02/10/15 11:02 AM

Can I rescind my Statement that the Blues will win the Central since Shattenkirk went down?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247928 - 02/10/15 08:35 PM

Nice win for the Blues tonight.....I guess you can't call it a Statement....but it certainly was a nice Prepositional Phrase.

I'll take the 2 points.

You damn nitwits!!!

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247931 - 02/11/15 07:45 AM

I resemble being called a nitwit!

Talk about a game that changed, then changed again and then changed again!! I thought the Coyotes had the Blues on their heels early in the first period. Then I thought that game could have easily been 4 or 5 to 1 in the second if not for the Coyotes goalie Smith. The Blues dominated and turned the second period into a shooting gallery and then the Coyotes did the same in the third and Allen played well. Fun game to watch and a good win for the Note - but I thought it more of a proclamation game than a statement game.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247933 - 02/11/15 09:42 PM

And tonight Vancouver beat Chicago to hand them their 2nd OT loss in a row since the Blackhawk win over the Blues..... I'll tell you what, making a statement must be hard on a team.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247947 - 02/15/15 10:33 PM

Man, that Chicago game, when the team was just adjusting to Shattenkirk being down, sure seems like a harbinger of what's to come, huh?

Let's see here......15-2-1 over the last 18 games.

I'll take it.....but I sure wish Elliot would play better, yeah?

I mean, come on.....we need some consistency from him in order to really make a run, right? 3rd in GAA and 4th in Save Percentage just goes to show you how inconsistent he is.

Maybe we can make a trade for a true starter. LMAO

Nitwits.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#247950 - 02/16/15 09:46 AM

Elliott played great yesterday. He literally stole the game, particularly in the 3rd.

And that's good. I've seen a lot of good with this team over the years. But I don't care if it's Ell's or Senko or Backes or Schwartz......the only good I want to see is April on.

Make the play offs and win.

I believe most players on this team need to add that little tidbit to their resume. It's past time they do that.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247953 - 02/18/15 08:01 AM

That was FUGLY last night...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247954 - 02/18/15 08:41 AM

I was there......and when this team is bad....it's horrible. There was actually one point where there was a scrum after the play in front of the Dallas net and there was a lot of pushing and shoving.......forking Steen and another player actually just skated away and watched it from the bench. Tarasenko got shoved around by everyone and anyone. The Blues had absolutely no skating room because Dallas just clogged up the neutral zone so well.

The Blues, as they sit, cannot win the Stanley Cup.

They are not tough enough.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#247958 - 02/18/15 12:50 PM

Even "Panger" commented when it happened that when Roussel (sp?) knocked down Tarasenko after the play that it was odd that none of his Blues teammates even went after Roussel. Maybe that was what Jackman was doing in the third?

All three of the forwards on your top two lines were minus players last night.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#247961 - 02/18/15 02:20 PM

I can't figure out what the fork Tarasenko was doing last night. I have seen him try to be way too cute with passes, etc. in the last few months......last night he wouldn't even pass the puck. It was almost like someone had talked to him about shooting more and he took it to another level.

The Blues absolutely sucked last night. There is not one good takeaway from that game.

My daughter looked a bit horrified when I caught myself yelling "whatever you do, Bergland, don't hit anyone.....just skate around".

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 954 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17726

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page