CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: wuchang]
      #250050 - 09/17/15 01:14 PM

Oh geez, not you too. Look, I have no problem playing him over Jay. In fact, Jon Jay is the Peter Berglund of the Cardinals. I don't know who forked his old lady and now owes him.......but he can't crack the lineup for this team.

Pham over Grichuck, Holiday, or Piscotty? Hell no.

Nice game last night, Tommy, and you may get another game or two before the real team is fully back. Until then, sit down and shut up.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HAUS
member for now

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Paradise

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: griffin]
      #250051 - 09/17/15 01:39 PM

if a person watches enough ball, you'll see on a consistent basis that "new" guys or rookies, whatever you want to call them, if they have any bit of decent talent, always seem to have a few months of success whether they're pitchers or hitters.

The game today is so focused on video, that these new guys don't have much video history at the big league level. Opposing teams have some info from the minors, but they don't have any credible info (patterns/tendencies) for a few months, so pitchers don't have an idea on how to approach these guys.

Pham, Grichuk, Piscotty are great examples of this. Piscotty came up and got hot, Pham has had his moments and the same for Grichuk.

Take those three for example, one of them might be a long term legit big leaguer, but they haven't been up long enough to know who it might be (hopefully all three of them will be.)

Just my opinion, Grichuk has proven power, proven speed and a proven glove and is the best option in CF if he's healthy. He can change a game with one swing and he's proven that multiple times this year. Pham has not.

(I just wanted to get in on all the arm-chair GM opinions and chit..)

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#250052 - 09/17/15 02:34 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh geez, not you too. Look, I have no problem playing him over Jay. In fact, Jon Jay is the Peter Berglund of the Cardinals. I don't know who forked his old lady and now owes him.......but he can't crack the lineup for this team.

Pham over Grichuck, Holiday, or Piscotty? Hell no.

Nice game last night, Tommy, and you may get another game or two before the real team is fully back. Until then, sit down and shut up.

griffin

Hey-- the kid had a nosebleed game and certain folks are starting to crack over the same offense that ranks 24 out of 30 that has been here all season

Start him over Grichuk or Piscotty--no
Start him over Holiday--no
Start him over the other suspects in center field?? Why not?

Haus pretty well nailed the short shelf life of rookie call ups--

it used to be called the 'sophomore jinx' before the game became so specialized.

Again--pitching is what got them here and pitching will either make or break them.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: wuchang]
      #250053 - 09/17/15 03:59 PM

Pham hit 2 dingers and a triple against one of the WORST pitching staffs in all of baseball. Sorta like getting a blowjob on prom night from the town slut. Way to go kid.

Grichuk and Piscotty have proven worthy enough to be on a playoff roster. Holliday gets on the roster for experience and his bat could be a huge lift. He's proven enough in the post season with 13 HR and a .255 BA in 13 Post Season series. John Jay O HR and a .233 BA in 11 post season series. If Grichuk is healthy, he gets the start in Center. Holliday in L and Heyward in R.

Bourjos should be watching the post season from home, and Pete Kozma should be cooking the food at that watch party.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250054 - 09/17/15 04:05 PM

Molina
Reynolds
Wong
Peralta
Carpenter
Holliday
Grichuk
Heyward
Piscotty
Adams
Moss
Cruz
Greg Garcia
Lackey
Martinez
Wacha
Lynn
Jaime Garcia
Maness
Choate
Rosenthal
Cishek
Siegrist
Broxton

Wainwright if healthy and pitching well gets the 25th spot. Pham can give handjobs after he makes the sammiches for Bourjos, Jay, and Kozma

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#250055 - 09/17/15 04:35 PM

Hilarious..............are you guys watching who's playing center field last 6 games?

My point is we have an extremely hot bat on the bench.

When we need hits.

I will yield to get Grichuk and Holiday back in the lineup but play the kid with the hot hand as well. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I don't need to see Jay or Holiday going 5 games straight 3 for 19 to get "back in the swing"

Shitty pitching dawg? The same shitty pitching that has this team begging for base runners? He won the friggin game last night facing that shitty pitching while the rest of the team didn't do squat against your shitty pitching.

Then he made a catch in the 9th that Holiday sure as hell wasn't going to make.

If he cools, sit him. Fine. This isn't forkin rocket science.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: last_stand]
      #250056 - 09/17/15 06:05 PM

Dawg posts about handjobs and then dad posts about Pham's hot hand...

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250057 - 09/17/15 06:09 PM

Baseball is all about the numbers. Yes Pham is hot right now. Jay has never impressed me much, except in the field....and that can be bad at times. You can use him for now, but he doesn't make the playoff roster if Waino came pitch. Waino gets the 25th spot. Hell Socolovich might get the 25th spot if Waino isn't healthy. Greg Garcia can play the infield and pinch hit. Pham can't. We are loaded with outfielders.

Reynolds can DH, 1B, 3B, and the outfield
Piscotty can DH, 1B, and outfield
Moss can DH, 1B, oufield, and has played 3B
Adams would be a huge DH is he can't play the field in the WS.
Pham is too little too late. Ride him to the playoffs or until Grichuk, and Holliday can play the OF.....then he becomes a PH and gets a roster spot next spring to make a name for himself. Get rid of Jay to make a spot from Pham next spring. Ship Bourjos to the minors to find his swing or ship him out also.

Right now the Cards have depth in the outfield with a healthy Grichuk and Holliday, especially with Moss and Reynolds on the roster.

Pham isn't on the playoff roster unless one of the guys above can't play. I'll take Pham over Jay any damn day.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: HAUS]
      #250058 - 09/17/15 06:10 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250059 - 09/17/15 06:16 PM

Pham has a hot hand.......let's all try to keep our pants up while we remember that he is a 27 year old perennial minor leaguer hitting against one of the worst teams in the division. It's Tommy Pham, not Mickey Mantle.

When the playoffs come and the big boys are healthy.....Pham goes back to playing poker on the bus.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250060 - 09/17/15 06:31 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Hilarious..............are you guys watching who's playing center field last 6 games?

I'm wondering if you know who has played Center Field the last 6 games.
Pham played one game and went 3-4
Jay played one game and went 0-3
Jay played one game and went 2-5
Heyward played one game and went 2-4
Jay played one game and went 1-3
Bourjos played one game and went 0-4

Pham has played in 11 of the 14 games in Sept. 23 AB's 7 hits......3 in one game. 7RBI's 1 Walk, no doubles, a triple and 3 HR.....with the triple and 2 HR coming in one game. Same game as his 4 RBI's That's a .304 Average for all 11 games this month.

Hell go back to August where the dude played in a BUNCH of games and played the entire damn game. 10 games start to finish. 44 AB's 12 hits. 6 Walks. .315 Batting average 2 games with 3 hits. 1 double and 2 triples in those 12 starts.

Dude isn't lighting the world on fire.....he isn't hitting as bad as Jay, but he sure as hell isn't Ty Cobb. Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250061 - 09/17/15 06:39 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Shitty pitching dawg? The same shitty pitching that has this team begging for base runners? He won the friggin game last night facing that shitty pitching while the rest of the team didn't do squat against your shitty pitching.

Yes SHITTY pitching. The same one ranked 4th worst in MLB for HR's allowed and ERA. The 6th worst team with Walks....yes SHITTY pitching.

5 walks and 7 hits given up on Tuesday night. The same SHITTY pitching that game up 6 walks and 8 runs last night with a Wild Pitch scoring a run. Most folks would call that SHITTY Pitching. Who knows what you call it.

The bats are in a slump and its been that way most of the year. GO like hell for a few weeks then they can't hit to save their life. With Adams, Holliday, & Grichuk all coming back at the same time...I bet the hitting gets good towards the end of the month. Just when it needs to. Hot going into the playoffs.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250062 - 09/17/15 07:24 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

I'm wondering if you know who has played Center Field the last 6 games.
Pham played one game and went 3-4
Jay played one game and went 0-3
Jay played one game and went 2-5
Heyward played one game and went 2-4
Jay played one game and went 1-3
Bourjos played one game and went 0-4

Pham has played in 11 of the 14 games in Sept. 23 AB's 7 hits......3 in one game. 7RBI's 1 Walk, no doubles, a triple and 3 HR.....with the triple and 2 HR coming in one game. Same game as his 4 RBI's That's a .304 Average for all 11 games this month.

Hell go back to August where the dude played in a BUNCH of games and played the entire damn game. 10 games start to finish. 44 AB's 12 hits. 6 Walks. .315 Batting average 2 games with 3 hits. 1 double and 2 triples in those 12 starts.

Dude isn't lighting the world on fire.....he isn't hitting as bad as Jay, but he sure as hell isn't Ty Cobb. Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play.

Dude.....I can't believe you are running down the Phambino.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250063 - 09/17/15 07:52 PM

Dude almost killed a guy with his 2nd AB tonight.......I heard the third AB he looked afraid to swing. He's done. 4th AB.....never took the bat off his shoulder, for fear of hurting someone again.

The Phanomenon is over. Dude will require counseling after that hit off the pitchers head. Pete Rose would have gotten a triple out of that chit too........no running out of the box lazy bastard.

--------------------

last_stand

#250064 - 09/17/15 08:15 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Pham has a hot hand.......let's all try to keep our pants up while we remember that he is a 27 year old perennial minor leaguer hitting against one of the worst teams in the division. It's Tommy Pham, not Mickey Mantle.

When the playoffs come and the big boys are healthy.....Pham goes back to playing poker on the bus.

griffin

I said play him NOW. Like tonight. Triple, double, 2 rbi's and 2 run scored.

Let's hope you know baseball better than goal tenders.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who's your big boy? Matt Holiday? Yeah, I'll hope along with you.

--------------------

last_stand

#250065 - 09/17/15 08:23 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Yes SHITTY pitching. The same one ranked 4th worst in MLB for HR's allowed and ERA. The 6th worst team with Walks....yes SHITTY pitching.

5 walks and 7 hits given up on Tuesday night. The same SHITTY pitching that game up 6 walks and 8 runs last night with a Wild Pitch scoring a run. Most folks would call that SHITTY Pitching. Who knows what you call it.

The bats are in a slump and its been that way most of the year. GO like hell for a few weeks then they can't hit to save their life. With Adams, Holliday, & Grichuk all coming back at the same time...I bet the hitting gets good towards the end of the month. Just when it needs to. Hot going into the playoffs.

Sorry. I'll go slower.

If the pitching was so shitty, how is it ONE GUY drove in 4 of the 5 runs? Where was the rest of the mighty team against the shitty pitcher?

You guys keep forkin waiting on the "big boys" to show up that has been basically absent all year. I don't give a fork who it is or how old or where's he's been this team better learn to play the guy's who's hitting cuzz that's all there is on most nights.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: HAUS]
      #250066 - 09/17/15 08:26 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:

Haus me boy you know Dad's always right............bwaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250067 - 09/17/15 08:32 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

I said play him NOW. Like tonight. Triple, double, 2 rbi's and 2 run scored.

Let's hope you know baseball better than goal tenders.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who's your big boy? Matt Holiday? Yeah, I'll hope along with you.

Yeah.....perfect analogy......another rookie you kept stroking off with your "hot hand" bullchit who ended up making you look like a crackhead.....
Jake Phallen

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250068 - 09/17/15 08:46 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Sorry. I'll go slower.

If the pitching was so shitty, how is it ONE GUY drove in 4 of the 5 runs? Where was the rest of the mighty team against the shitty pitcher?

You guys keep forkin waiting on the "big boys" to show up that has been basically absent all year. I don't give a fork who it is or how old or where's he's been this team better learn to play the guy's who's hitting cuzz that's all there is on most nights.

Dude.....you need to get back on your meds. Pham has a great game and you act like he's the next Mike Trout. Relax Francis. Its baseball. 162 games in a year Not everyone hits on the same damn night. Pham gets hot for 2 games and you are putting him up for the MVP Trophy. Perhaps if he made a better showing when he actually started a bunch of games in August......like another guy name Piscotty, I might say keep him around in the playoffs. But he wasn't that impressive. He hasn't been impressive until he played the Brew crew pithcing, who's ERA's make the Royals team ERA look like its 1968. Even against shitty pitching, some nights people don't hit. Some people just hit well against some teams. Its baseball.

Pham plays until Oct....and then he can give you hot hand jobs in the shower, while you give him a reach around and watch Piscotty,Grichuk, Holliday, and Heyward play the outfield in the postseason. He deserves some AB's right now, but Matheny is worried about the post season.

A playoff berth is a lock. I would be more concerned about the overall picture.....like trying to get Holliday, Adams, and Grichuk some AB's to get them some rhythm. Those dudes will be on the playoff roster. Pham won't. You are worried about games right now, when the end result is a NL Central Crown and a trip to the WS. Holliday, Adams, and Grichuk will be huge factors in that. Pham won't. Give dude some AB's and unless the other three aren't healthy come playoff time, he is out. Matheny makes less boneheaded moves that Larussa did on a nightly basis. I'll trust him more than you.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250069 - 09/17/15 08:54 PM

Hell Omar Infante......who is barely batting his weight, got 7 RBI's tonight.....which goes to show just like Pham, a blind hog can find an acorn.

--------------------

last_stand

#250072 - 09/18/15 05:26 AM

Jesus now I have the Olsen twins in an uproar. bwaaaaaaaaa

Hey twin #1.......after being so wrong for so long about Brian Elliott you should still be studying up on your hockey manual.

Twin #2.........here's what I said that has your sister getting you so worked up about.

"The guy who's been frittering away on the bench while we wait for Matheney to wake the hell up. Now Pham has to sit around as we watch Matheney get Holiday, Grichuk and Jay ready for the playoffs, while he is the most "ready" to get us TO the playoffs.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you Mike."

So then Matheney takes that very same advice. Puts him in the lineup. Phambino gets 3 hits, 2 Rbi's, game winning rbi and scores 2 runs.

And then you go off on a 5 page thesis rant saying I'm not really sure what. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So go have your tantrum with him. Maybe write a whole book for him.

Oh and I think you two girls really need to get laid.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#250073 - 09/18/15 06:28 AM

Dayum, you boys are all worked up...

Cards need 2 of 3 from Cubbies. They'll miss Arietta but should get Lester on Sunday. Looks like they got a little help from them by winning 3 of 4 in Pittsburgh and potentially knocking out Kang with a hard slide into 2nd. After watching the replay, it doesn't look dirty, just hard and it also doesn't look like Kang is going to be out for long. But sometimes those knee injuries don't look bad and end up being season ending (just as Sam Bradford).

Pittsburgh going to play in LA after losing 3 of 4. They get Greinke today and Kershaw tomorrow. Very real possibility they lose 2 of 3 this weekend. It sure would be nice to get back up to a 6 or 7 game lead and rest a few guys (cause they worked so well last time), not to mention get some more AB's for guys like Holiday and Adams.

You boys get back to your bickering. I'm going to soak in this lousy pitching a poor hitting all the way to 100+ wins...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: sptsman]
      #250079 - 09/18/15 10:54 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:

Pittsburgh going to play in LA after losing 3 of 4. They get Greinke today and Kershaw tomorrow. Very real possibility they lose 2 of 3 this weekend. It sure would be nice to get back up to a 6 or 7 game lead and rest a few guys (cause they worked so well last time), not to mention get some more AB's for guys like Holiday and Adams.

You boys get back to your bickering. I'm going to soak in this lousy pitching a poor hitting all the way to 100+ wins...

No no no NO.........we can't get Holliday Adams more AB's. Pham needs to get some AB's so he will be ready to cook brats and burgers come October.

Lang in Pitts. Is done for the season I hear. Torn MCL and he gone.

BTW..........Matt Holliday has been in STL for a long time. Renee are 2 L's in his name. Just figured you should know.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#250086 - 09/18/15 06:22 PM

Last Stand is THE MAN !!! He obviously understands baseball . Unlike some of you Jabronies!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: Bubba]
      #250087 - 09/18/15 06:24 PM

Fork you Phubba.

"Jabronies" bwaaaaaahahahahahahaaa

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 930 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8374

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page