CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: last_stand]
      #249342 - 07/13/15 11:43 AM

The only contract worse than SMSU grad Howard's is Bobby Bonilla's.. he's still getting a $1.2 million per year from the Mets and hasn't played in ten years! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: IIFID]
      #249343 - 07/13/15 02:59 PM

Okay - just because I don't follow well all of the time, have you all;

1. Got it figured out now?, or...
2. Gave up for the day?

These things require working the hours it takes to mold the club into the sculpture it can be. We just cannot think about 9 to 5 when there is important work to do!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: dabs]
      #249344 - 07/13/15 03:35 PM

MOLDING IS THE KEY!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

HAUS
member for now

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Paradise

#249345 - 07/13/15 03:51 PM

in the case of sptsman and last stand, it's still evolving, dabs..

kinda like a case of the heartburn

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: HAUS]
      #249346 - 07/13/15 05:46 PM

Ok , so bring on the hate...I predict at season's end the Cards will be in second place tied with the Cubs 2.5 games behind Pittsburg. You read it here!

Meanwhile in the ATL....never mind.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: Bubba]
      #249347 - 07/13/15 09:19 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Ok , so bring on the hate...I predict at season's end the Cards will be in second place tied with the Cubs 2.5 games behind Pittsburg. You read it here!

Are you saying like when we got the WC and won the series in '06?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: Bubba]
      #249348 - 07/14/15 10:38 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:

No sane person in Cardinal's Nation would argue that it couldn't happen. To think the pitching is going to repeat in the 2nd half is not realistic. And if they fall off too much, the offense does not seem to be the type that is going to carry the pitching staff... That being said the likelihood is that the pitching will be good enough and the hitting will pick up just enough to win the Division...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: sptsman]
      #249455 - 07/30/15 05:36 AM

Holiday. Again.

Guess Mo's gonna be busy next few days. This offense needs some serious mojo.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249457 - 07/30/15 09:40 AM

I bet ya'all are thrilled with this move! And gave up a pitcher who was a first round pick for him too..
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...-133805272.html

Does Fragile Matt average two trips to the DL every year or more?

--------------------

last_stand

#249458 - 07/30/15 01:18 PM

Well let's see. We lose our starting LF'er now for 12 weeks and prolly the playoffs........we lose our starting first baseman 2 months ago for the the year, we lose our starting ace before the season even started, we have lost our strating center fielder twice this year for extended periods and perhaps our best hitter of 2014 has been in a 6 week slump since he came back from some kind of heart ailment.

And we still have the best record in baseball.

I am not crazy about this trade. I don't really know a lot about the 2 players but one is young and full of prospect and the other may last til year end.

But when you are here, where the Cardinals are right now, you have to do what you can do. To win a World Series.

Be nice to ride it out. Depend upon your farm system for the big bat (they tried). Or hope somebody can start hitting the baseball.

But I don't see that luxury on hand. They're taking their shot, albeit an expensive one, cuzz they have to. It's all about winning another ring.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#249460 - 07/30/15 07:06 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I bet ya'all are thrilled with this move! And gave up a pitcher who was a first round pick for him too..
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...-133805272.html

Does Fragile Matt average two trips to the DL every year or more?

Holliday averaged 150 games a year until 2011 when he missed a month. He missed a couple weeks in 2013. Its an odd year, and he will miss 45 days this year. Even in his unhealthy years, he still drives in close to 100, hits 20+ homers, & bats close to .300 I'll take that considering he's in his 12 year.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2015 Cardinals [Re: H2ODOG]
      #249461 - 07/31/15 08:03 AM

Him and Jaime can share time together on the pine as they both seem to be there quite a bit.. He is productive when he's in there but nor being able to count on him??

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249462 - 07/31/15 08:04 AM

For the record, I don't give a whole lot of credence to what the "talking heads" on ESPN, MLB Network, etc. have to say.. But they have all been just about universal in not understanding the Moss trade and think that the Cards gave up waaaaay too much. There was supposedly even a rumor that the Tribe (knowing they're out of it) was planning on releasing him to bring up some of their young peeps. I guess in the last year he has only hit .200 and has hit under .200 since June?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#249464 - 07/31/15 10:58 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Him and Jaime can share time together on the pine as they both seem to be there quite a bit.. He is productive when he's in there but nor being able to count on him??

Garcia lives on the DL. Holliday missed a month in 2011. He will miss 2 months in 2015. Carpenter had issues and spent a lot of time on the DL before he retired. Ask any Cards fan if it was worth having him on the team. Alex Gordon has missed waaaay more days than Holliday has since 2009. Yall should probably get rid of his unhealthy, pine riding, always on the DL ass too. He is more fragile than Holliday. Just sayin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249465 - 07/31/15 11:01 AM

The difference is Gordon hurts hisself actually doing something..

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#249466 - 07/31/15 11:03 AM

Everyone thought signing Johnny Peralta to a huge contract was a mistake.......and look how that turned out. The kid pitching in the minors is a prospect and supposed to be a good one. Without a bar and more depth right NOW, to fill in for injuries we don't won the WS. The kid throws in the upper 80's to low 90's with a huge curve ball on the very low 80's. It's not like he is throwing 100 mph heat. I'm good with piecing stuff together for a playoff run this year. The cards have one of the best minor league systems and are deep in talent.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#249467 - 07/31/15 11:13 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
The difference is Gordon hurts hisself actually doing something..

. So now injuries and not being able to play now get an asterisk. It's not Holliday fell down in the shower to get injuried. Good to see hypocrisy is still alive on the west side. I thought it died out. Playing 150 games in 2 seasons like Gordon did..........for sliding into a base. That's more time than holiday has missed in his entire career. I'll take dumb farm boy fragile Matt. At least he can hit 100 rbi's in a season

--------------------

last_stand

#249469 - 07/31/15 02:47 PM

Indians aren't stupid. Price went up when Holiday went down.

And while we shipped out the polack we kept the Irish kid Cooney. Always a good move there. bwaaaaaaaaa

I said I don't really like the trade and I guess that's cuss I don't like SOME of Moss's stats.

But I may love this trade before it's all over. That's baseball.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249470 - 07/31/15 04:28 PM

Unlike some folks, I can, and do like and root for, both MOMO teams. I truly hope the trade works out for the Birds. It just doesn't seem destined to work. And there appeared to be much better available for that price. This one is a head scratcher to me. However a lot of thing Mo has done have worked so he has the cred to do it.

--------------------

last_stand

#249477 - 08/02/15 09:14 PM

I think that guy you are talkin bout IIFID had the game winning hit today.

Meanwhile, Royals added the biggest d!ckicker in baseball with Cueto. He's a real tiger when the brawlin starts.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#249479 - 08/03/15 04:43 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Meanwhile, Royals added the biggest d!ckicker in baseball with Cueto. He's a real tiger when the brawlin starts.

You mean "Kung Fu" Cueto?

sptsman

#249480 - 08/03/15 08:51 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Unlike some folks, I can, and do like and root for, both MOMO teams.

I used to until the Royals added the head-kicking, douchebag Cueto to their line-up, started working hard at being the biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league and their Manager started mouthing-off like a brotha in the hood... Now I am like the rest of MLB fans and say, "Fork the Royals!!" If you can't play the game the right way, get used to being in fights and having the rest of the league hate you...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249481 - 08/03/15 10:20 AM

"..biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league.." Uh you might want to check a few facts there Skippy as the Royals lead the AL in being HIT by pitch and are second overall to the Pirates in all of MLB. Glad you can make your decisions based on snippets from Sports Center..

--------------------

sptsman

#249482 - 08/03/15 10:51 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
"..biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league.." Uh you might want to check a few facts there Skippy as the Royals lead the AL in being HIT by pitch and are second overall to the Pirates in all of MLB. Glad you can make your decisions based on snippets from Sports Center..

Dude, statistically two near misses to the head is "0". One plunk in the rear or back or leg is "1". The stats rarely tell the whole story. It isn't just some weird coincidence that the Royals keep ending up in bench clearing brawls and bean-ball incidents. I base my opinions after watching the games and listening to all sides of the arguments. The Royals have clearly become quite fond of themselves and their cowardly pitchers love to puff up their chest and demand respect, since they don't have to stand in the batters box.

Yost was at least somewhat respected until his idiotic statements yesterday. Let's summarize: My guys have never done anything wrong, didn't do anything wrong today and never will do anything wrong. They just pitch inside a lot and these things happen. When we throw at the opponents heads multiple times in a game, it is nothing to be concerned about. However, when our guys get hit, it is clearly intentional. Got it?

I hope the KC Royal A-holes (that should be their new name) get used to being disrespected and get very good at fighting. I can't see how their newfound attitude is going to get them in anything other than many more fights and everyone in the league hating them.

Sorry, that's the best I can do for a Monday morning. Was hoping to rile up the west siders but don't have my A game this morning...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#249483 - 08/03/15 11:08 AM

Yep hitting somebody with a changeup really means you're going after them..
So I guess if the Cards were playing a team of power hitters their pitchers don't throw inside?? Dude did you ever even play? If you got somebody who's diving in on you you pitch inside. A pitcher can't win only throwing to half the plate. Hell I learned that in CYC league..

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 807 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8374

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page