CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250034 - 09/15/15 08:30 PM

Again I say " if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle - or she could get them lopped off and be Aunt Cait. "
Thanks on the bet - I know at some point Tom will be back to swilling hooch I purchase but till then it's sweet.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250040 - 09/16/15 07:13 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

wuchang said:
You got a 9 game lead with 19 to go in a weak division

are there any ledges over 20 feet in KC? LOL

Well that would be an even bigger collapse than Bubba's 2011 Braves 8 1/2 game epic failure with 25 left to play. If the Royals lose the Central.....Dabs and the rest of the bandwagon bunch will jump off, causing the bus to flip over.

Nostradamus...cheap shots about the Braves don't' effect me anymore. I've been a Bravos fan all my life.. I am used to suicidal thoughts...LOL

I'm pretty confident the Royals will hold. Not so sure about the Birds..But for your sake , I sure hope so.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Bubba]
      #250041 - 09/16/15 09:01 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

wuchang said:
You got a 9 game lead with 19 to go in a weak division

are there any ledges over 20 feet in KC? LOL

Well that would be an even bigger collapse than Bubba's 2011 Braves 8 1/2 game epic failure with 25 left to play. If the Royals lose the Central.....Dabs and the rest of the bandwagon bunch will jump off, causing the bus to flip over.

Nostradamus...cheap shots about the Braves don't' effect me anymore. I've been a Bravos fan all my life.. I am used to suicidal thoughts...LOL

I'm pretty confident the Royals will hold. Not so sure about the Birds..But for your sake , I sure hope so.

It wasn't a cheap shot......just stating a simple fact about one of the most epic collapses in baseball history. The Royals failing to win the Central in 2015 would be worse than 2011. Cards win the Central....unlike Last Stand and Sportsman, I have faith.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250070 - 09/17/15 08:55 PM

The Royals bunch got kinda quiet around here the last few days.

just sayin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#250071 - 09/18/15 03:57 AM

They were watching the Chiefs choke

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250100 - 09/21/15 08:04 AM

Good to see the team getting a day off to recharge and back at home starting tomorrow.

Not the best in the last 12 games or so - but 3 games is the number to clinch the division. Still ahead of the Blue Jays for home field advantage...at this point. A home stretch might be what the doctor ordered to finish strong.

And...if they make it deep in the playoffs - the difference this year will be Kendrys Morales in place of Billy Butler....the best pick up in the majors in my opinion this off season.

:bye:

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #250105 - 09/21/15 09:58 AM

Clearly the Morales pickup was better than the Queto pickup.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250128 - 09/22/15 08:08 AM

I mean he's no Brandon Moss but he's trying..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #250129 - 09/22/15 09:01 AM

Your best pickup, your best reason to go deep in the playoffs....is a designated hitter.

Jesus that must be exciting. Just the wait alone must be excruciating.......but then, 8 glorious minutes a game makes up for all of it.

Wait, it might go up to 12. Do they let him run the bases?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250131 - 09/22/15 10:18 AM

It's OK LS.. I understand your jealousy considering the anemia that is the Redbirds offense this year..

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250134 - 09/22/15 11:57 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Your best pickup, your best reason to go deep in the playoffs....is a designated hitter.

Jesus that must be exciting. Just the wait alone must be excruciating.......but then, 8 glorious minutes a game makes up for all of it.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I understand how it would be hard to comprehend....but when 6 or 7 of the other starters were already "exciting" we didn't need more "excitement"....just "production"

With the performance this year Morales has had compared to Billy Butler last year - Morales without a doubt is a great upgrade for "his 12 minutes"

If you add Zobrist......and, yes, Johnny C, who will be back in his Ace form for the playoffs, on the surface this should be a better team than took them to game 7 last year.

But then again - Minnesota, New York or Pittsburg or the Cubs for that matter, might come in as a wild-card and have a hot streak and win it all - you just never know about October baseball

dab

wuchangAdministrator

#250135 - 09/22/15 12:01 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
It's OK LS.. I understand your jealousy considering the anemia that is the Redbirds offense this year..

Actually there is not that much difference and what difference might be related to the fact that AL doesn't have their pitchers bat like real baseball players

Cardinals score 3.99 runs per game (recently dropped below 4)
Royals score 4.52 runs per game

Cards have a run differential of 114
Royals have a run differential of 80

Cardinals ERA is 2.90 (recently went up)
Royals ERA is 3.75 (don't know what it was before you picked up Cueto)

Direct comparison Cardinals have won 4 of the 6 games with the Royals this year-- most of the games have been close

Only real difference is the Cardinals are in a league that plays baseball as it was meant to be played ......

and they are in a more competitive divisional race (see the NL Central 3rd place team's record)

So before we get the old if your aunt had balls-she would be your uncle (I'm wondering how you know about anyone's relatives 'plumbing')..it doesn't take away from the Royals on the verge of winning their division but it does point out how the Cardinals have had to play to have the best record in baseball.

Now answer LS questions about the old cuban guy running the bases

just saying

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250136 - 09/22/15 02:32 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I mean he's no Brandon Moss but he's trying..

Brandon Moss is batting .265 in September, and only 4 HR's since he has been to STL.....which I realize isn't a whole lot.........considering batters are batting like .785 against Queto in his last 6 starts. Granted he finally pitched past 6 innings and didn't get the win in his last start, while not getting knocked around for 10+ hits, 3-4 Dingers, and a fist full of rbi's. Good for him. I just figured since the Queto pick up was the final puzzle piece that would bring a championship to KC, while looking like Kyle Loshe the last few weeks.......one might have concerns.

Cardinals are paying Moss $2.379 Million for the remainder of the season.

Royals have to pay Queto $3.88 Million for the remainder of the season.

Moss has won 3 games with his bat for STL. Queto has gone 2-6 in 10 games started.....and KC lost the other 2 games he started.....so that would be 2-8 in Queto's games he has started for KC. I'll let you smart West side boys do the math on wins/losses and the salary being paid.

It could be worse. You could be paying someone $7.5 million a year to play second base and bat .220 with 2 HR's on the season......oh wait...you already are.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250137 - 09/22/15 02:38 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I understand how it would be hard to comprehend....but when 6 or 7 of the other starters were already "exciting" we didn't need more "excitement"....just "production"

Johnny C, who will be back in his Ace form for the playoffs, on the surface this should be a better team than took them to game 7 last year.

dab

Production......hence the need to pick up Jonny Gomes. That's a shitload of production yall picked up for $400,000. Just slightly cheaper than John Lackey and his $500,000 contract and the 12 wins and 200 IP he has given STL.

--------------------

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#250141 - 09/22/15 05:04 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Actually there is not that much difference and what difference might be related to the fact that AL doesn't have their pitchers bat like real baseball players

Cardinals score 3.99 runs per game (recently dropped below 4)
Royals score 4.52 runs per game

Cards have a run differential of 114
Royals have a run differential of 80

Cardinals ERA is 2.90 (recently went up)
Royals ERA is 3.75 (don't know what it was before you picked up Cueto)

Direct comparison Cardinals have won 4 of the 6 games with the Royals this year-- most of the games have been close

Only real difference is the Cardinals are in a league that plays baseball as it was meant to be played ......

and they are in a more competitive divisional race (see the NL Central 3rd place team's record)

So before we get the old if your aunt had balls-she would be your uncle (I'm wondering how you know about anyone's relatives 'plumbing')..it doesn't take away from the Royals on the verge of winning their division but it does point out how the Cardinals have had to play to have the best record in baseball.

Now answer LS questions about the old cuban guy running the bases

just saying

That "old guy" just had three homers and a triple the other night. And, yes, we have hit a losing streak lately but we will make the playoffs and win our division. I think Cueto and Perez are on the same page now as to how the game is called by Sal. We'll see. Sorry to have been gone so long.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250148 - 09/22/15 06:18 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Johnny C, who will be back in his Ace form for the playoffs, on the surface this should be a better team than took them to game 7 last year.

dab

Production......hence the need to pick up Jonny Gomes. That's a shitload of production yall picked up for $400,000. Just slightly cheaper than John Lackey and his $500,000 contract and the 12 wins and 200 IP he has given STL.

I could counter with a slam comparison to a St. Louis player with lots of numbers and stats.....but my give a damn just doesn't give a damn about smoke and mirror responses.

Johnny Gomes was picked up as a situational player plane and simple as that....and his popularity as a dugout leader.

He was brought in for his success in situational hitting....his numbers are much better against pitchers that throw left.....or maybe it is right...handed. I will let you search that one out.

He will be a tool to bring off the bench as a pinch hitter in certain situations....should they make it to the playoffs.

With Seattle already hitting two home runs in the first inning tonight we might be playing the bad news bears in the mighty midget league playoffs....you just don't know

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250151 - 09/22/15 06:42 PM

Don't forget all those Royals players can play pull my beard with Homer Gomes........although you did say it right. He is a fukin tool.

I think you will be fine. Your boy has a 5.60 ERA. If thats all the runs he gives up tonight, it would be one of his better outings on the year.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250153 - 09/22/15 07:51 PM

Check that........dude gave up a 7 spot in the 3rd inning.

I'd make him my Game 2 starter in the ALDS

--------------------

Mac
Birding Moderator

Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

#250165 - 09/23/15 12:47 PM

I doubt you'll even see Jamie Guthrie play again after this outing. He's done - stick a fork in that fella! End of the line...

wuchangAdministrator

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #250166 - 09/23/15 01:13 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
I doubt you'll even see Jamie Guthrie play again after this outing. He's done - stick a fork in that fella! End of the line...

Lets see
36 year old right hander that is 0-5 with a 9.22 ERA for September and a season ERA of 5.95

Why would you think that??

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250185 - 09/24/15 10:13 PM

Finally wrapped up the Diviion tonight with, yes, a Cueto win. They got to celebrate now it is time to try and stay ahead of the Blue Jays these last few games.

wuchangAdministrator

#250186 - 09/25/15 03:47 AM

Congratulations

Anyone you guys play in the playoffs look tough but I guess you'd rather play the Yankees or Houston?

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250189 - 09/25/15 06:06 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Congratulations

Anyone you guys play in the playoffs look tough but I guess you'd rather play the Yankees or Houston?

I know there is a lot of back and forth that goes on her Wu but to be real honest....I don't know that I have a "would rather" team.

The Royals proved last year you can ride momentum and get places from the bottom in the play in game. I think any team could be a tough match up....or could be a sweep.

I guess from a baseball standpoint it would be fun to play the Yanks....would be good for the team.

The Blue Jays scare me.....but I guess there should be no worry in step #2 before you take step #1 without falling on your face.

Good luck to the home team....and the cross state team. Maybe it will happen again this year.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250206 - 09/25/15 11:55 AM

It would be cool to have it be a Missouri Series again.

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night. A great atmosphere and when they were posting the Tribe vs Twins score everyone knew it was the night to clinch. The crowd in the ninth was as loud as about anywhere I've been.

Dabs is spot on in that any team can catch fire at the right time and ride a wave through the playoffs. The Blue Jays concern me more than any team as well. The Royals don't generally fare well in "slugfest" games and it's likely you'll see that type with their lineup.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250211 - 09/25/15 03:47 PM

Lee and the west siders said the Cards sucked ass for having an inferior record in a bad league, yet winning the NL central..........might as well return the favor

K

Congrats. Good of Cueto to win a game finally. He should definitely be your game 1 starter.

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 3217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17371

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page