CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Royals Bet Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250634 - 10/20/15 01:33 PM

Things could be worse for ya'all - your duck lease could be dry without any means to pump it.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Royals Bet Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250636 - 10/20/15 01:42 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Well - here we go again.....

Might as well....none of these no hunting forkers is talking about opening day or if they have water to hunt or if there is food in the bottoms because of all the high water this year

I expect Dog to start whacking ducks in Texas or Oklahoma where there are no green cards

back to Missouri

duck hunting---been there done that got the t shirt and all the other stuff--ok--old news
Cardinal fan-- been there done that got the t shirt and all the other stuff--ok--old news

Cards knocked out of the playoffs fact-- reasons why will be debated even after the next season starts

Cueto a douche-- fact-- will be pointed out anytime his name is mentioned
Bautista a prick-- fact-- see Cueto for standard response as to future references

Sorry the Royals lost but you are still up in the series--
if that is an excuse---well....you know how us arrogant Cardinal fans are

Obviously, I need to go shoot a duck or just shut this dump down--right now it is a toss up

I've gotten about a dozen calls from landowners in the last two weeks telling me the haven't seen that many ducks on their playa lakes in years. Weeds are ass deep on a tall Indian. Playa lakes are full of water and 1-4" of water coming in the next couple days. I do really hate myself right now.

Oklahoma is looking decent. "HomeofToto" looks good. Tickets booked for Washington State, Florida, & still working on Idaho/Oregon plane tickets. Trip planned to see Mikey in Iowa and taking a trip to see Mongo in MN to do some hunting go there. Life is very good. I didn't realize they still let y'all duck hunt in MO. I guess they do let you draw daily and sign up online for chance to hunt......if you call that hunting.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #250637 - 10/20/15 01:46 PM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
Your arrogance is overwhelming. Cards will not win their division next year. Their only hope is a wildcard spot.

I'll take a 6th straight trip to the playoffs. ANY team would. Wild card.......1st or 2nd spot......Division Crown........ Ask Yost if he would like 6 straight trips to the playoffs.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: uphill

Re: Royals Bet Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #250638 - 10/20/15 01:53 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Things could be worse for ya'all - your duck lease could be dry without any means to pump it.

When you own....you put in a well and a pump and only worry about when you want the water---not if

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals Bet Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250639 - 10/20/15 02:38 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

When you own....you put in a well and a pump and only worry about when you want the water---not if

Having access to 400,000 acres of land with water ready habitat and record rain fall helps too. In dry years, you pay the farmer a few hundred bucks to turn on his well and flood the death ditch.........and then you have no worries. Lease. No lease. Own. Rent.....a man should always have water

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Royals Bet Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250640 - 10/20/15 02:51 PM

I knew I could bring us back off track in the right direction again...or something like that

What is this duck hunting you all speak about? Sounds expensive to me!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals Bet Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250641 - 10/20/15 03:14 PM

I hate when this happens......and right before duck season too. Booooollchit

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250642 - 10/20/15 06:40 PM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
First off I am not a Cueto fan. With that said, you Cards whiners seem to forget that the birds had their chance to get even with Cueto and his kicking during the brawl. Instead they chose to man dance with the Reds like a bunch of beardedclams. They could have drilled him in subsequent games against Cueto, but alas not the Cardinal way. Show up and play the game with no emotion and not much effort. Sleep through August and September and then get stomped by the Cubs.

The Cardinals didn't face Cueto again in 2010 after the LaRue deal. Cueto didn't pitch against us until late May of the next year.....and we only faced that clown twice.

Its Ironic everyone bitches and pisses and moans about the "Cardinal Way"........yes winning is a mother forker. I'm happy to see the Royals finally taking up the Cardinal Way.

The Cardinal Way.....lets see, draft good players, develop them to play YOUR style and get them to "buy into" the system. Keep, them and don't ship them off to another club after you developed them. Use that talent and keep your payroll low. Win games year in and out, with players no one knows, and go deep into the playoffs. Hustle in the field and give a great effort.....you know the very thing they teach you from Little League Baseball, but seems to get lost above the AA Level. I guess having high expectations of your players is frowned upon in other cities.

No one hates the Indians, or Marlins, or Mariners.....they suck People hate winners, and they hate the things they aren't. The Yankees are arrogant, rude, mouthy, and throw chit at the other teams. They boo their own players on a regular basis. It happens in all the major market teams. They throw chit at opposing teams. Philly, Dodgers, Chicago, and the list goes on. Spend tons of money, hope you spent it on the right players, and if you don't win.....go spend some more money. Ask the Dodgers is the money they spent has been a great investment. HUGE payrolls and they get bounced out of the LDS 4 of their last 7 trips to the playoffs, and the other three trips they got killed in the NLCS.

The Cardinal Way....putting a winning product on the field year in and out, and doing it through the farm system....which was started by Branch Rickey, in the Cardinal organization in the 20's....so really the Farm System everyone uses today IS THE CARDINAL WAY.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250644 - 10/20/15 07:47 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
First off I am not a Cueto fan. With that said, you Cards whiners seem to forget that the birds had their chance to get even with Cueto and his kicking during the brawl. Instead they chose to man dance with the Reds like a bunch of beardedclams. They could have drilled him in subsequent games against Cueto, but alas not the Cardinal way. Show up and play the game with no emotion and not much effort. Sleep through August and September and then get stomped by the Cubs.

The Cardinals didn't face Cueto again in 2010 after the LaRue deal. Cueto didn't pitch against us until late May of the next year.....and we only faced that clown twice.

Its Ironic everyone bitches and pisses and moans about the "Cardinal Way"........yes winning is a mother forker. I'm happy to see the Royals finally taking up the Cardinal Way.

The Cardinal Way.....lets see, draft good players, develop them to play YOUR style and get them to "buy into" the system. Keep, them and don't ship them off to another club after you developed them. Use that talent and keep your payroll low. Win games year in and out, with players no one knows, and go deep into the playoffs. Hustle in the field and give a great effort.....you know the very thing they teach you from Little League Baseball, but seems to get lost above the AA Level. I guess having high expectations of your players is frowned upon in other cities.

No one hates the Indians, or Marlins, or Mariners.....they suck People hate winners, and they hate the things they aren't. The Yankees are arrogant, rude, mouthy, and throw chit at the other teams. They boo their own players on a regular basis. It happens in all the major market teams. They throw chit at opposing teams. Philly, Dodgers, Chicago, and the list goes on. Spend tons of money, hope you spent it on the right players, and if you don't win.....go spend some more money. Ask the Dodgers is the money they spent has been a great investment. HUGE payrolls and they get bounced out of the LDS 4 of their last 7 trips to the playoffs, and the other three trips they got killed in the NLCS.

The Cardinal Way....putting a winning product on the field year in and out, and doing it through the farm system....which was started by Branch Rickey, in the Cardinal organization in the 20's....so really the Farm System everyone uses today IS THE CARDINAL WAY.

Wow! After that explanation you begin to wonder why the other cities even bother to field a MLB team?!?!? How is it that the Cardinals don't win the WS every year?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #250645 - 10/20/15 08:18 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

DADAKOTA said:

Wow! After that explanation you begin to wonder why the other cities even bother to field a MLB team?!?!? How is it that the Cardinals don't win the WS every year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_franchise_postseason_droughts

20 Teams in baseball have gone 20 years without winning a championship. Considering all 4 teams left in the playoffs have gone 20+ years without a WS title 11 teams or 1/3 of all of baseball has gone 30+ years. A Royals loss this year would make it 12 teams........you figure it out.

Lots of teams would love to be in the Cardinals spots. Only the Yankees and the Braves have been more successful in the last 25-30 years, as far as playoff berths. The Yankees did it will outrageous payrolls. The Braves had a Top 3-5 Payroll on their epic runs. Cardinals highest Opening Day payroll was 2005......6th highest. Most years they are around 11-14.

The Royals have finally found out if you keep your young players you suffered years on the MLB to aquire through the draft, and you keep them instead of being a Farm club for the Yankees and any other playoff bound team, you can actually have a great team and put asses in the seats. Trading 5 great prospects for a couple Playoff Rentals like you did this year, wasn't the best move....especially considering how poor Cueto has been.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250646 - 10/20/15 08:32 PM

When the Royals make the WS this year.......I suggest throwing Cueto out there in game one. Maybe he can kick his way out of another blow out........or laugh about it walking off the field or sitting in the dugout. I guess when you have been beat as bad as he has the last, 2+ you gotta try to laugh at something, like all the money he's thrown away with every shitty outing.

If yall were smart, you would drop him from the WS roster and clear out his locker. Let him know you will mail whatever rings he has earned to the AAA club of his choice next spring.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250647 - 10/20/15 08:57 PM

I understand all of you Cardinals fans being so Alegent to your team....they have historically been a good team.

With that being said, Bruce Jenner historically was an Olympic Decathlon winner....now he is just an old ugly biatch!

I also understand your hate for Cueto....for Royals fans he is what he is. Whether we would or not, management will March him out for another start in the World Series if the team makes it and he will either be spot on like he has been in 2 starts or stink it up like he has in about 9 starts....I guarantee you he will be on a short leash.

The Royals have lost arguably the best closer in the major leagues due to Tommy Johns in the last month...he actually partially tore it last post season and kept on pitching without much pain most of this year but was never himself. Gordon, a multiple time All-star and multiple time Gold Glove winner was out early recovering from a broken hand and then missed 7 weeks late in the year with a pulled groin and is just now maybe getting close to 100 percent.

Escabar was out for an extended time after the slide that took him out at second.

Infante....who I believe is the best defensive option at 2nd base has been out for month with a leg injury.

Salvy has missed multiple games from fowl balls to the noggin under the concussion policy.

Moore put together a team with depth and they always have had someone to step in and fill those rolls.

Zobrist was a huge pickup at the trade deadline and a gamble on Kendrys Morales to replace Billy Butler has proven to be a very smart move.

So, every team with few exceptions gets beat down at the end of the year...having the depth to fill those spots to take you to the next level is smart.

Houston and the Blue Jays are both good teams and the Royals have scored 47 runs in the last 44 innings of ball.

One thing you said is definately true Dog....it's easy to hate winners

The Royals might lose the next three and be done...but I think they win it in 6 at max.

And after watching the last 3 games of the NLCS I like the Royals chances of winning it all.

Lastly...just to keep it going, the Royals have won 101 games this year.

Edited by dabs (10/20/15 09:00 PM)

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #250649 - 10/21/15 05:23 AM

"And after watching the last 3 games of the NLCS I like the Royals chances of winning it all."

Well, I am sure the Royals are now the odds on favorite to do just that.

Both series up 3-0. Sumbody wake me up if a meaningful game comes along.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250650 - 10/21/15 07:31 AM

"Old money" will always snicker and laugh at "new money". The Cardinals will be contenders year after year just like they have been. It's a great system, and all of baseball would like to find a way to duplicate it. We'll see about this "new money" being thrown around this year.......if I'm a betting man, I'm not thrwoing any of my "old money" down on any of these organizations becoming a dynasty.

As for the Royals.....they have always been a classless organization....and they always will be. There is no team in major league baseball I hate more then those bastards.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Royals bet thread [Re: griffin]
      #250651 - 10/21/15 08:15 AM

Brussel Sprouts.....they have always been a nasty vegetable....and they always will be. There is no food in the vegetable family I hate more than those bastards.

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#250652 - 10/21/15 08:54 AM

Griffin - Other than allowing Mr. Walmark to buy the team what makes them classless if I might ask?

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250653 - 10/21/15 08:57 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

"And after watching the last 3 games of the NLCS I like the Royals chances of winning it all."

Actually Royals have three wins and Blue Jays have one.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250654 - 10/21/15 09:33 AM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
Griffin - Other than allowing Mr. Walmark to buy the team what makes them classless if I might ask?

My hatred goes back to George Brett and Daryl Porter....and even Herzog....piss on him too. I've always thought the Rpyals were a 2nd or 3rd class organization.....and I still do.

The Walmark connection just solidified my disgust with the whole organization.

And I think the fans are fair-weather pretenders.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator

#250655 - 10/21/15 09:41 AM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Actually Royals have three wins and Blue Jays have one.

14-2 like he said wake him up if it gets meaningful

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250656 - 10/21/15 10:29 AM

Only two organizations have had 2+ million fans come through the gates to watch a game in every full season since the 1981 strike.....the only years they didn't hit 2 million fans was the strike shortened seasons of 94-95. STL and the Dodgers. In STL 3+ million people have come through the gates in every season but one since 1998, and they had 2.91 million that year.

2.6 Million people watched the last place Cardinals in 1990
3+ Million watched them finish 3rd or 4th in 2007, 2008, 1998,1999,1989. The only place that many people watch bad baseball is in Chicago & Boston.

just sayin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250657 - 10/21/15 12:14 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

With that being said, Bruce Jenner historically was an Olympic Decathlon winner....now he is just an old ugly biatch!

The Royals have lost arguably the best closer in the major leagues due to Tommy Johns in the last month...he actually partially tore it last post season and kept on pitching without much pain most of this year but was never himself. Gordon, a multiple time All-star and multiple time Gold Glove winner was out early recovering from a broken hand and then missed 7 weeks late in the year with a pulled groin and is just now maybe getting close to 100 percent.

Escabar was out for an extended time after the slide that took him out at second.

Infante....who I believe is the best defensive option at 2nd base has been out for month with a leg injury.

Salvy has missed multiple games from fowl balls to the noggin under the concussion policy.

Moore put together a team with depth and they always have had someone to step in and fill those rolls.

So, every team with few exceptions gets beat down at the end of the year...having the depth to fill those spots to take you to the next level is smart.

Lastly...just to keep it going, the Royals have won 101 games this year.

What All-Star starting pitcher, who is in the Cy Young race yearly, did the Royals lose to start the season again?

Holliday, like Gordon a multi year All-Star, played a full month more games than Holliday. Gordon, unlike Holliday has never drove in more than 90 runs and has only hit 20 HR's in a season twice. Gordon's yearly batting average isn't as good as Holliday's production. Yall lost a player who wasn't as valuable at the plate, for a shorter period of time.

Salvy missed games for concussion protocols. Salvy and Molina have caught more games than any catcher in all of baseball the last 3 seasons. You are going to miss some games as a catcher. Molina went down the last 2+ weeks with a thumb injury....just had surgery on it.

Escobar played in 148 games. Had a 7 day DL from the slide. Infante still played in 124 games also. Jon Jay, the starting CF missed 2 1/2+ months on the DL He came back in September and was never 100%. His lost production would equal Escobar or Infante. Matt Adams played 70 games, and never got back to 100%. Hell he was so out of sync when he came back, he was left of the playoff roster. Matt Adams bat provides way more pop than Escobar or Infante.

Which starting pitcher with 14 wins, a 3.00 ERA and nearly 200 strikeouts did yall lose going into the post season?? Take Volquez or Ventura off your playoff roster and see how comfortable you are going into the playoffs.

Which ROY Candidate, who was beating the cover off the ball, did yall lose for a month down the stretch??

We could throw in Garcia who missed 1/2 the season and was a much needed arm, but that head case misses half the season in most years

The Royals didn't loose a Cy Young Candidate pitcher for the year, nor did they lose 3 opening day starting players for 1/2 the season. All teams get banged up throughout the course of a season. Lose 4 of the 9 players on your opening day roster for a majority of the season, and get back to me if you make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

Losing Holland is a big deal, but when you win playoff games. 7-2, 5-0, or 14-2.....its not like you need him to come in to close out the game.

Congrats on win #95 last night. A win today would be #95 also. I guess there is a Royals Way win it comes to counting.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250658 - 10/21/15 03:15 PM

Like I said....making excuses why you are not deep enough in the roster to beat the Cubs doesn't change the fact you got beat by the Cubs.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#250659 - 10/21/15 05:20 PM

Ive got no problem losing to the cubs. They won more games than the Royals.

Even down with our pitchers though, I do have a problem with some core guys who were never even close to ready yet Matheney pretended they were the entire time. For the most part, and I mean most, Matheney manages in the post season the exact same way he manages the regular season and yeah, that is horse chit. Not saying we actually lost with that style, but we won't ever know that's for dam sure.

We got some problems, we lost, we are O-U-T, no doubt about that.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

wuchangAdministrator

#250660 - 10/21/15 05:35 PM

Like I told Mel---bonehead plays and pitching breakdowns

With our rookies, we will be in the race next season

Mets Pitching has been good and we see the Cubs getting beat

Royals offense has negated any pitching let downs for the most part-- but your pitchers are throwing very well with the exception of Johnny Twinkle Toes

when you have a 5-0 shut out and a 14-2 game and the only close ones so far has been a 6-3 win and an 11-8 loss....you don't have to finesse anything

Mel texted that it was Toronto 8 Royals 1 in the 8th-- no reason for LS to wake up

Home to KC and only have to win 1--

I'd say the odds are in your favor and maybe LS will wake up to see the next game

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250661 - 10/21/15 06:25 PM

Oh for chrissakes. The Redbirds win 100 games with a lineup held together with bailing wire, and New Money is standing back taking potshots from a cap pistol of a team that is ALWAYS one and done.

Look, when the forking Royals do something other than get in the playoffs once every 20 years, come back and woof....until then, enjoy the 50 bucks your daddy gave you to take Susie Rottencrotch out to dinner and have enough sense to shut the fork up.

For fork sakes.....I was at a Royals home game 3 years ago and there wasn't 7500 people in that piss hole of a stadium.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 3962 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17371

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page