CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250857 - 10/30/15 04:36 PM

Funny there's a different 'tude from the east side when I do the same thing!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mac
Birding Moderator

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #250859 - 10/30/15 07:44 PM

Give it up, IIFID. Dog insists on bein' the smartest fella on any website....OK well, at least he insists on THINKIN' that.

Royals have a great team and no matter who wins the WS it has been fun to watch late October games....

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #250860 - 10/30/15 08:39 PM

Quote:

Mac said:

I believe the Royals team is about as tight and talented as any in the majors. Time will tell....

Go ROYALS!!!

That throw to....well to the ground 15' from the mound by Herrera is about as tight and talented as a throw as you will see from any pitcher in baseball

I notice its quieter on FB tonight for some reason.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250861 - 10/30/15 08:42 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Give it up, IIFID. Dog insists on bein' the smartest fella on any website....OK well, at least he insists on THINKIN' that.

Royals have a great team and no matter who wins the WS it has been fun to watch late October games....

This coming from another guy who jumped on EVERY BANDWAGON on EVERY city he has ever lived in......and then jumps on the next one on the NEXT MOVE.

I pointed out that the guy who has hated on stuff is now biatching about other folks hating on the Royals. The irony in it all is funny.

I never claimed to be the smartest guy on this board, but the Special Olympics participants look like Mensa material to some folks in here.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250871 - 10/31/15 04:21 PM

--------------------

Mac
Birding Moderator

#250872 - 10/31/15 05:38 PM

Quote:

This coming from another guy who jumped on EVERY BANDWAGON on EVERY city he has ever lived in......and then jumps on the next one on the NEXT MOVE.

Yep dog, unlike some folks I moved "out of county" a long time ago. I have supported many teams wherever I lived. Guess I am guilty of that. So is that all you got?

Dang Royals hater....

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250874 - 10/31/15 06:30 PM

Bandwagon Homer jumping, fair weather fan, obviously with no loyalties.

Ya that's all I got. That's all I need. I'd rather be a loyal Hater than a bandwagon Homer. Hell I bet you could move to Lawrence KS tomorrow and be dressed head to toe in Gayhawk gear by Monday afternoon.

I imagine you're in a leprechaun suit with a giant Red N for Nebraska handing out candy tonight. I wouldn't expect anything less from a bandwagon homer.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250875 - 10/31/15 07:03 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
They will pull it off by playing baseball like it was supposed to be played...as a team.

I believe the Royals team is about as tight and talented as any in the majors. Time will tell....

Go ROYALS!!!

Playing like it was supposed to be played. Tight and talented.....except for the RF dude forgetting how many outs there were in an inning. Perhaps they should have read the book about the Cardinals Way. In the book the catcher, middle infielders, and Center Fielder all hold up their fingers after every out, reminding everyone how many outs there are. Just a thought.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250878 - 10/31/15 09:44 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

Mac said:
They will pull it off by playing baseball like it was supposed to be played...as a team.

Go ROYALS!!!

Playing like it was supposed to be played. Tight and talented.....except for the RF dude forgetting how many outs there were in an inning. Perhaps they should have read the book about the Cardinals Way. In the book the catcher, middle infielders, and Center Fielder all hold up their fingers after every out, reminding everyone how many outs there are. Just a thought.

You are right...Rios messed that up bad...no excuse for it.

But, the team picked him up, like they have done for each other all year long.

One away from the title with three to go and two of those being at home,...have to like those chances.

Mac
Birding Moderator

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #250882 - 11/01/15 02:52 PM

Yep, Rios was sporting a goat-face after that. He's done well this fall for the Royals, but I almost fell outta my chair when he pooched the play to home.

Turns out the Mets made their errors too, which pretty much cost them the game.

We got one more win to go. I know a few folks that bet on the Royals back in Feb. to win the WS. 35-1 odds looks like a nice pay out on $50!!

Mac
Birding Moderator

#250886 - 11/01/15 10:47 PM

Well folks, there you have it. The Royals win the whole damn thing tonight!!!! Time to gloat a bit....

I have to say they played as well as anyone could imagine, coming back 8 times in post season to win the World Series..

So, I just have one question:

Hey Griff...so what do you think of our "cute" little team now, dumbarse!!!!! LOL!!!

Royals 2015 World Series Champs!!

flocked

Reged: 12/16/06
Loc: missouri

#250887 - 11/01/15 10:58 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Well folks, there you have it. The Royals win the whole damn thing tonight!!!! Time to gloat a bit....

I have to say they played as well as anyone could imagine, coming back 8 times in post season to win the World Series..

Hey Griff...so what do you think of our "cute" little team now, dumbarse!!!!! LOL!!!

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: flocked]
      #250888 - 11/02/15 04:52 AM

Congrats to the Royals, clearly the better team.

You can stick Cuetos ring up his azz.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250889 - 11/02/15 05:11 AM

Did not watch a single inning after the Cards bowed out but Mel texted me every game so I'll take Mel's word about how they played.

Glad for Mel and that his 30 year wait is over.
No one can call him a bandwagon fan.

As for Cueto....

Last Stand pretty well summed it up

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#250895 - 11/02/15 07:59 AM

Quote:

Mac said:

Well....I think the same thing of them that I did before....they are a bunch of classless punks.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: griffin]
      #250904 - 11/02/15 10:36 AM

Let's see................two straight AL championships, two straight World Series appearances with one loss and one win, best bullpen in the majors....................'nuff said.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Mel]
      #250906 - 11/02/15 11:31 AM

Why can't we all just get along?

Congrats to 2015 The World Champion "HomeofToto" City Royals on finishing what they started but were unable to finish last year.

Congrats to Salvy on his MVP accomplishment and congrats to Ned Yost for being the winningest post season manager ever in the post season in all of Major League Baseball!!!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250910 - 11/02/15 01:52 PM

Quote:

dabs said: congrats to Ned Yost for being the winningest post season manager ever in the post season in all of Major League Baseball!!!

He has won A WS. ONE. I know y'all have some funny way of counting chit on the west side of the state........so I'd love to see how you spin this one. Winniest manager. That would be the person with the most wins or the manager with the most WS wins. Ned Yost is far from either.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250911 - 11/02/15 02:31 PM

Did anything in my post say he has won the most World Series? Did anything in my post say he has the most wins in the post season?

All you have to do is turn the television on and watch any sports channel. They have all been highlighting it. With managers who have at least 30 post season appearances, he has the highest winning percentage in the history of MLB - making him....in their words...the winningest post season manager of all time.

Once again, statistics can say anything you want them to.

Hope the ducks in Texas or Oklahoma or wherever it is are in big numbers for you - statistically I am sure you will kill your share!

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#250912 - 11/02/15 02:31 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said: congrats to Ned Yost for being the winningest post season manager ever in the post season in all of Major League Baseball!!!

He has won A WS. ONE. I know y'all have some funny way of counting chit on the west side of the state........so I'd love to see how you spin this one. Winniest manager. That would be the person with the most wins or the manager with the most WS wins. Ned Yost is far from either.

Dog

I'm sure it would come as a shock to Joe Torre (84 post season wins) if that were so.....

Percentage or number of total wins--I think Joe would not give up those 4 WS rings to have the best percentage

BUT

Last two years.....
(as we all know there was no baseball before 2014 and none after 2011---now can we all just get along? )

twitch---twitch--pause

twitch--twitch--twitch

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Royals bet thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250914 - 11/02/15 02:44 PM

Apparently there is no baseball after the Cardinals get beat in the playoffs :

Start motor - trim down into shitpond!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250915 - 11/02/15 02:55 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Did anything in my post say he has won the most World Series? Did anything in my post say he has the most wins in the post season?

All you have to do is turn the television on and watch any sports channel. They have all been highlighting it. With managers who have at least 30 post season appearances, he has the highest winning percentage in the history of MLB - making him....in their words...the winningest post season manager of all time.

Hope the ducks in Texas or Oklahoma or wherever it is are in big numbers for you - statistically I am sure you will kill your share!

The sports channels will always make up whatever stay they can to make
Everyone think the newest winner is the biggest greatest, most bestest thing to ever win

Ned Yost has the best winning percentage. Not too hard to do when you've only been to 2 post seasons. It's like saying the Royals have the most AL World Series trips this decade

Bandwagon fans were out in full force last night and today buying more new Royals gear. Being a 2 year fan must be hard for some people.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250916 - 11/02/15 03:02 PM

Texas duck season has already opened and closed. I guess you could say it's over and I missed my chance. This 5 day split in the season, will have most of the ducks south by the time it opens back up Saturday. It's over. I guess there is always 2016-2017

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250917 - 11/02/15 03:04 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

The sports channels will always make up whatever stay they can to make
Everyone think the newest winner is the biggest greatest, most bestest thing to ever win

Ned Yost has the best winning percentage. Not too hard to do when you've only been to 2 post seasons. It's like saying the Royals have the most AL World Series trips this decade

Bandwagon fans were out in full force last night and today buying more new Royals gear. Being a 2 year fan must be hard for some people.

I know I am not that good at adding, as you point out, but could has he really racked up more than 30 games in just 2 post season appearances??? An actual question - I am not googlin for the stats.

And...nice photo - did you get a Crown shirt or the Cueto hat?

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250918 - 11/02/15 03:44 PM

1 game wild card game. 5 game divisional series. 7 game championship series. 7 game World Series. It's possible to play 20 games in one year of you play in the WC game and were series goes the max. People who still support the Big 12-1-1-2+2 would be better off equipped to do the hard math though.

Ned Yost never took the Brewers to the playoffs.

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 2979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17369

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page