CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250919 - 11/02/15 03:47 PM

Wasn't shopping. Just another bandwagon shot of the greatest fans in baseball buying their new gear. Notice all the new shiny gear they are already wearing.

For the diehard royals guys who have lived through 30 years of shiteatin teams. Good for you. They deserve a championship. All the bandwagon jumpers can piss off.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

#250922 - 11/02/15 07:37 PM

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: DjF]
      #250923 - 11/02/15 08:28 PM

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: MB2]
      #250927 - 11/03/15 07:37 AM

Just thankful I don't have to see any more people cryin about Joe Buck.. geez

Also, I have the last KC Royals Championship on beta tape, if anyone wants to purchase it..

Congrats to the Royals!

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: HAUS]
      #250930 - 11/03/15 09:15 AM

Joe Buck was busy blowing the Royals bullpen, the Moose, and plenty of other things all Royals during the WS. Unlike most of the Royals fans who muted the games, I listened to him while painting or carving. He seemed to call it pretty much right down the middle being a Homer for both teams. You won't hear many Royals fan mention that....but hey, the article I've been reading the past couple days keep saying they are the new bestest Greatest fans of baseball, and how the Royals are now the team to model a franchise after. All 1.9 Million of them who showed up last year to watch a WS bound team and the new extra 700,000 who showed up this year to watch them......I get the people who are happy, but until the franchise shows up in the playoffs for the next 5-6 years and keeps close to 3 million people in the seats, don't piss down my neck and tell me its raining. No matter who won, they would be the next best thing.

Hell, there was a discussion on MLB contemplating if the Royals are the new Baseball dynasty. A dynasty!!!!!!! BWahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahahahahhahaaaaahhahaaaaaaa You can't make this chit up.

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#250932 - 11/03/15 01:20 PM

Well from the time I spent watching, the most ridiculous comment Buck made umpteen times was Hosmers "outstanding" run play when breaking in from 3rd to home on the grounder.

All the while, an average throw from Duda would have had him nailed by 10 feet.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250934 - 11/03/15 02:31 PM

Never mind the double pump before throwing a lob to first base by David Wright. Look the dude back and throw a bullet to first. Then Hosmer is out by 20' with a good throw. Duda made a horrible throw. I guess playing a Dynasty team will cause a man to have errors.

The mets catcher was absolutely horrible. How is that guys a MLB catcher. He couldn't throw out a sumo wrestler stealing second. Billy Butler could have stole second every time he reached base, if he was still with the dynasty Royals.

--------------------

last_stand

#250936 - 11/03/15 03:34 PM

I really like defense in baseball. Good defense. Royals had it in spades and the Mets.......wooo, they stunk. Slightest bit a pressure and they folded like a cheap suit.

We won '06 on the Tigers sh1tty D. It's every bit as much of the game as a home run.

Cueto has good defense. He uses his spikes very well. Right across a guys face. While he's laying on the ground. He has speed too. He runs very fast when he has to.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#250948 - 11/04/15 09:09 AM

How different people in the Midwest are compared to other parts of the country. An estimated 800,000 people showed up for the World Series parade and rally in KC yesterday. No cars were burnt, no riots started, nobody was shot, no one was stabbed, and there wasn't any looting. As of last evening KCPD reported that a total of THREE arrests had been made. People who went said folks were having a good time and just got along. I do not like crowds and wouldn't have been caught dead down there but heard from numerous people who went.
Now think back to when sporting events have been won in the recent past in LA, NY, etc... I am glad to live in the Heartland.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #250949 - 11/04/15 09:34 AM

I expected no less from the Greatest Fans in Baseball.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#250951 - 11/04/15 10:28 AM

800k "fans"...

Just think, a lil over a year ago (Aug 27, 2014), this was being said by the manager, Nedly Yost:
Ned Yost manages to dump on the fans

Quote:

"HomeofToto" City manager Ned Yost took away from a spectacular ending with a clumsy, misguided, insulting and out-of-touch whine about only 13,847 people showing up on a school and work night with temperatures into the 90s.

How soon they forget..

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#250952 - 11/04/15 10:31 AM

The Royals were basically a month away from the post season last year and the manager was bitchin about only 13k people in the stands...

800k "fans"...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#250954 - 11/04/15 01:06 PM

C'mon now......this is what new money does......it thinks it matters.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250955 - 11/04/15 01:38 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
The Royals were basically a month away from the post season last year and the manager was bitchin about only 13k people in the stands...

800k "fans"...

Dude....it was a school night.....and like 90 something degrees, and probably muggy......and narrowing in on a playoff run. The Best Fans in baseball did what they could do. 13K is a lot of people for a dynasty.

The second Best Fans in Baseball would have had 40k+ plus but that's because its safer to be in the Busch Stadium than on the streets of the Lou.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250956 - 11/04/15 01:55 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
800k "fans"...

Just think, a lil over a year ago (Aug 27, 2014), this was being said by the manager, Nedly Yost:
Ned Yost manages to dump on the fans

Quote:

"HomeofToto" City manager Ned Yost took away from a spectacular ending with a clumsy, misguided, insulting nd out-of-touch whine about only 13,847 people showing up on a school and work night with temperatures into the 90s.

August 20th Wednesday School and work night. Temp in the 90's. Average humidity 73% for the day. Game in STL. 43,000+ showed up to watch STL beat up on a crappy Reds team. No one had to complain about 13k people showing up on a hot humid school and work night. I guess someone had to fire up the Best Bandwagon Fans in Baseball.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#250960 - 11/04/15 05:37 PM

Humility.....you are doing it wrong!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Bubba]
      #250969 - 11/05/15 10:14 AM

You know, I seem to remember when Pujols was supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread. When anyone dared to say anything bad about him Dog and others jumped in the middle of them with all the stats, BA, and the like trying to beat them down. THEN, when he left to go west for more money he suddenly became a POS. Talk about bandwagon jumpers and "new money" all you want. What it really is is that you can't stand to see anyone else do well.

Last 30 years, StL has been in the series 7 time and won 3. Royals have been there 3 times and won 2. I was pulling for both teams to do well but I guess all that StL koolade leaves no room for anyone else. Put that stat percentage in your pipe and smoke it.

Bye now.........

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Mel]
      #250970 - 11/05/15 10:56 AM

Quote:

Mel said:
You know, I seem to remember when Pujols was supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread. When anyone dared to say anything bad about him Dog and others jumped in the middle of them with all the stats, BA, and the like trying to beat them down. THEN, when he left to go west for more money he suddenly became a POS. Talk about bandwagon jumpers and "new money" all you want. What it really is is that you can't stand to see anyone else do well.

Last 30 years, StL has been in the series 7 time and won 3. Royals have been there 3 times and won 2. I was pulling for both teams to do well but I guess all that StL koolade leaves no room for anyone else. Put that stat percentage in your pipe and smoke it.

Bye now.........

Pujols was dog piled on for being a hypocrite. He said he didn't care about money and only cared about championships and rings mang. In the end, he left for money. You can't say one thing year after year after year, after year....and then suddenly do the opposite and take the money. STL fans don't like or need players like that. Had Pujols simply said he will go where he is paid the most money, then he wouldn't have taken a beatdown.

I guess your stat counting only proves KC folks aren't real good with stats. STL has only been in the WS 6 times in the last 30 years, with 2 wins. The exact number of wins as KC. The only difference between old money and new money, 50% of our seasons in the last 30 years have been playoff seasons. 12 trips were to the NLCS. Old money has averaged about 3 million fans a year during that 30 year span. New money has averaged about 1.6 million a year.

2 good years in a 30 year span. No wonder the Dynasty talk is being brought up.

--------------------

last_stand

#250972 - 11/05/15 11:45 AM

Quote:

Mel said:

Bye now.........

Other than the dh, I don't have a problem with the Royals at all. Rooted for them to get there.

I think the team itself played dang near perfect just about every aspect. A very good team.

You win, expect to get hated on. Maybe you are the exception Mel, but fill me in on all the other Cardinal fans from the west side.

Anyway I don't hear much hate goin on 'cept for mine with the dh, the "new" money team ya'll got there, the bandwagon fans and of course, your All Star mid season pick up.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250973 - 11/05/15 12:15 PM

Voting for a guy batting .200 to be in the All-star game is what happens when you have a Dynasty LS. The bandwagon fans know about baseball, don't question their voting.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250974 - 11/05/15 01:15 PM

The Arch did look pretty all lit up Blue the other night

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #250975 - 11/05/15 03:57 PM

You mean the same picture the Royals Nation and Cardinals Nation FB pages used to say congrats........the same picture that Hampton Inn used back in Mid August to promote folks to stay at their dump???

Just saying

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#250976 - 11/06/15 08:23 AM

Facebook???

Mid August pix ???

well....

at least it wasn't a 3 year response time unlike your best bud in Kentucky

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: wuchang]
      #250985 - 11/06/15 03:04 PM

Was StL not in the series in 82, 85, 87, 04, 06, 11, and 13? If so, THAT makes 7 not 6. If those dates are incorrect than so is the stat site I went to.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

last_stand

#250986 - 11/06/15 03:11 PM

Mel 30 years back would not include 82.

I like comparing the stats going 25 years back.

bwaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17425

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page