CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #250988 - 11/06/15 09:32 PM

I'm a little tired from hunting but it appears to me after careful observation and indeprh analysis that fan's Cardinal way is arrogance , belittlement
, jealousy , excuse making and general denial . Sad reality it is.

Back to the marsh tomorrow...I'll be back

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Bubba]
      #250991 - 11/07/15 05:48 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
I'm a little tired from hunting but it appears to me after careful observation and indeprh analysis that fan's Cardinal way is arrogance , belittlement

So...........I guess you weren't one of those west siders pulling for the Cardinals, huh Bubba?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Mac
Birding Moderator

Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

#250992 - 11/07/15 12:37 PM

I was a STL fan since 1965. Still recall listening to them on Dad's transistor radio. Bob Gibson and that crew were dynamite!

Never been anything but a long-time fan....but this hater crowd on hera have me soured about the Cards. Congrats!

I am 100% with Bubba's analysis....

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #250993 - 11/07/15 01:56 PM

Y'all sound like a bunch of forkin women.

It's a forkin game that toddlers play.

You guys act like your pathetic forkin identity and existence in this world revolves around how "your" team plays.

You think these people that play these games care about how you feel? They show up to games hungover, drunk, high, etc and they don't think twice about how YOU are going to feel if they don't perform on that given day. They're getting paid, that's all they care about. Yeah, the game is fun to them, as it should be, but they don't give a chit about anyone, especially a bunch of middle aged, grown forkin men..

Some of you need to get your nutz back from your wives and chill out. Go have a beer, kill something and screw your old ladies. It's forking baseball game.

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: HAUS]
      #250994 - 11/07/15 02:19 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Y'all sound like a bunch of forkin women.

It's a forkin game that toddlers play.

You guys act like your pathetic forkin identity and existence in this world revolves around how "your" team plays.

You think these people that play these games care about how you feel? They show up to games hungover, drunk, high, etc and they don't think twice about how YOU are going to feel if they don't perform on that given day. They're getting paid, that's all they care about. Yeah, the game is fun to them, as it should be, but they don't give a chit about anyone, especially a bunch of middle aged, grown forkin men..

Some of you need to get your nutz back from your wives and chill out. Go have a beer, kill something and screw your old ladies. It's forking baseball game.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#251000 - 11/08/15 12:46 PM

That is correct. I was going back to 1980 when KC was there the first time. My goof. Meant to cover the last 35 years.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: Bubba]
      #251016 - 11/08/15 08:12 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

I know how you feel. I'm beat down from a weekend of hunting also. sleep deprived, slow duck weekend, and I put my dog in a freezer until she can go to the crematory tomorrow................so with that being said, piss on the Royals.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #251018 - 11/09/15 05:20 AM

Very sorry to hear that dawg.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#251032 - 11/09/15 12:10 PM

Dynasty Funding?????

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/f...1_7916_19854580

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#251314 - 12/08/15 08:22 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Speaking of next years chances......... Your #1 starter will be in free agency, your closer won't be pitching all year due to Tommy John Surgery, A starter won't be back from Tommy John either, Gordon is GONE, Rios will be released Zobrist might stay but don't bet the house on it.

$72 million in commitments, and 7 players in Arbitration....which will put yall close to $100 million on payroll without two outfielders, short a reliever, & missing a couple starters minimum. $100 million payroll and 9 players short of a full team. $113 million dollar payroll on opening day this year. Mr. Wal-Mart won't be spending big money or much of that playoff money they just made on big contracts, so where does one get 9 good players for $13-20 million. Those owners aren't going much higher than $120 million for next year. You just traded your 2 best pitching prospects. Your best OF prospects were in Single A this season.

I guess we get to see how deep the Royals are and how creative they get with so many players gone from this year to the 2016 season.

I guess "new money" didn't want to spend any of that new money from their WS win, the extra million fans, and promotional hats/shirts/etc. to keep Zobrist around. Seemed they loved his wife and family as well. Cueto is gone, and who would want him back? Holland is gone for the year and who knows what his contract is going to be now. Rios released. I think Gordon is gone also. Reloading for 2016 and a title run is starting to look like Harry from Dumb and Dumber asking if he had a chance with Mary.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#251332 - 12/10/15 04:43 PM

So Dog you'd give someone who is going to be 35 years old a $56 million, 4 year contract? I wouldn't give Gordon the contract he is looking for either considering his age (32 in February). Rumor has it that his agent is talking 5 years at $20 million per. Not throwing long term contracts at older players is financially prudent.. you know like the Cardinals?
The Royals re-signed Soria as another set up guy for Davis so bullpen should be fine.They have the core of Hosmer, Perez, Cain, Escobar and Moustakas coming back which means alot. They have some kids at Omaha who could step up but they do need to find a second baseman and at least one outfielder in free agency. Glass proved the last two years that he'd open up his wal-mart wallet for the right player. I have faith in the GM Moore that he'll find some more help.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #251334 - 12/10/15 06:54 PM

I'm not saying to give him the money...I was simply saying what I said earlier in the postseason. Cueto gone. Closer & starter out with Tommy John. Rios released. Zobrist skipped town. Pitching was suspect. Having 5 players that are back still leaves big holes to fill. Just pointing out how hard it is to get into the playoffs year in and year out, unless you spend some money and develop players. Curious if New Money can get it done. I don't think yall make the playoffs 3 years in a row.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#251343 - 12/11/15 09:55 PM

The closer was going to be Davis anyhow - Holland was getting replaced even before the surgery. The bullpen will be just as strong, if not stronger. I think the Royals aren't done yet in signing players. I fully expect them to sign another player (or two) to fill in as an everyday player that fits the profile of strong defense, can run and puts the ball in play. I do think they will also sign another #3 or #4 type starter like they did with Chris Young last year.

Get back to me in February when the lineup is more closer to being set and maybe we can make a wager whether or not the Royals make the playoffs.

The Cards got as few holes to fill now too with Lynn going down and Heyward going to the baby bears.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17425

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page