CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
DADAKOTA

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri West Side

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: griffin]
      #250132 - 09/22/15 11:07 AM

Put Mauk on the bench and go with Locke.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#250133 - 09/22/15 11:40 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh wait.....Missouri is 109th in total offense instead of 116th? And you say they are 9th in the hotbed of passing attacks known as the SEC.....well, nevermind then, my bad.

griffin

Dayum son you were as far off as Richard Sherman was in the XBox ad!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#250138 - 09/22/15 04:10 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh wait.....Missouri is 109th in total offense instead of 116th? And you say they are 9th in the hotbed of passing attacks known as the SEC.....well, nevermind then, my bad.

griffin

Mizzou is 76th in the country in passing yards. Rushing yards they are 119th.......again.......Hansbrough brings so much to the offense that is lacking. I realize we aren't talking about something like poor STL hockey, the Tour de Steroids, track, triathlons or women's equestrian.....all sports you are an expert in.

This is football. A great run game sets up a pass game. With no run game, team key on your passing game. Mizzou's leading rushing has 130 yards in 3 games. Might have the expert west side guys do the yards per game average, but its not good. Mauk hasn't been great, by any means.....but the Arkansas State game for instance Mauk threw 51%. It could have easily been 67% had the easy balls been caught. Hansbrough back at 100% takes some pressure of Mauk and opens up the passing game.

I'll wait until Saturday night to see ask you for your winning pick for the Kentucky game and to see how well Mauk and Hansbrough do together, before I put down some $$ on the game.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: dabs]
      #250139 - 09/22/15 04:11 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Mauk might get into the 2nd quarter this week before they pull him.

Actually Mauk will get pulled in the 1st quarter....just like he had the first 3 games...so I doubt it.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #250142 - 09/22/15 05:17 PM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:

Yes.....by all means put in the freshman......and take out the second leading rusher on the team.

Mauk has thrown 80 passes with 4 picks
Lock has thrown 20 passes with 1 pick
I don't think you need your engineering degree to figure out how many passes to picks each one has.

80 pass attempts and 5 TD's
20 pass attempts and 1 TD

Start the Freshman over the guy who is 17-4 as a starter, who hasn't had a running back for the first 3 games. If Mauk can't get it done with Hansbrough back then, by all means start Locke. Until then Locke needs to sit back and wait for his time.

When Brad Smith was throwing passes, everyone bitched and wanted Chase Daniel to take over. When Chase Daniel was QB everyone said he wasn't getting it done enough and to bring in the vagina Gabbert. When Gabbert was in there, everyone wanted Franklin. When Franklin took over and was hurt every week, they said bring in Mauk. When Mauk did so damn well, no one wanted Franklin to come back. When Mauk took over, everyone bitched that he has won games and now wank Locke to take over. Pinkle has won 84 games in 9 seasons, not counting this years 3 wins. One bad year in 2012 with a bunch of injuries and no proven QB. I'm not saying GP has it all figured out, since he can't win a fuking conference championship game.......but he must be doing something right. From 2000-2011 Mizzou was tied for 24th, for the most wins. That includes Larry Smith's horrible 3-8 record in 2000 and the GP early bad years. Schools like Northern Illinois, Hawaii, Boise State, with their blue chit field, Southern Miss, Fresno, State, & Toledo.....all non conference pushovers were included in those totals.

Move up to the last 10 years since 2005 and Mizzou now ranks the 15th winningest program in the last decade. Like it or not GP, has brought Mizzou into the National spotlight. I'm not happy with Mauk, but without the entire offense on the field, I'll wait to see what happens. Its about Wins and losses. I'll take a proven QB over a guy who might get it done and had one impressive drive against the Sister of the Immaculate Blind Academy in the first game of the year. His last game against UCONN and the poor decisions and throws showed me he still needs more reps at practice.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/best-col...state-most-wins

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250145 - 09/22/15 05:58 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

women's equestrian..... you are an expert in.

That's not all! With 4 daughters and a wife I'm also an expert on women's menstruation.....which actually comes in handy when I'm trying to decipher your bullchit.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#250146 - 09/22/15 06:00 PM

dear lord..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: HAUS]
      #250147 - 09/22/15 06:04 PM

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250150 - 09/22/15 06:34 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

women's equestrian..... you are an expert in.

That's not all! With 4 daughters and a wife I'm also an expert on women's menstruation.....which actually comes in handy when I'm trying to decipher your bullchit.

griffin

Yes....and apparently with 4 daughters, a wife, and 2 ex wives....you have grown a vagina to match theirs, and better get along with them.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#250152 - 09/22/15 06:49 PM

Stay down, son......stay down.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250240 - 09/28/15 08:15 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

DADAKOTA said:

Yes.....by all means put in the freshman......and take out the second leading rusher on the team.

Mauk has thrown 80 passes with 4 picks
Lock has thrown 20 passes with 1 pick
I don't think you need your engineering degree to figure out how many passes to picks each one has.

80 pass attempts and 5 TD's
20 pass attempts and 1 TD

Start the Freshman over the guy who is 17-4 as a starter, who hasn't had a running back for the first 3 games. If Mauk can't get it done with Hansbrough back then, by all means start Locke. Until then Locke needs to sit back and wait for his time.

When Brad Smith was throwing passes, everyone bitched and wanted Chase Daniel to take over. When Chase Daniel was QB everyone said he wasn't getting it done enough and to bring in the vagina Gabbert. When Gabbert was in there, everyone wanted Franklin. When Franklin took over and was hurt every week, they said bring in Mauk. When Mauk did so damn well, no one wanted Franklin to come back. When Mauk took over, everyone bitched that he has won games and now wank Locke to take over. Pinkle has won 84 games in 9 seasons, not counting this years 3 wins. One bad year in 2012 with a bunch of injuries and no proven QB. I'm not saying GP has it all figured out, since he can't win a fuking conference championship game.......but he must be doing something right. From 2000-2011 Mizzou was tied for 24th, for the most wins. That includes Larry Smith's horrible 3-8 record in 2000 and the GP early bad years. Schools like Northern Illinois, Hawaii, Boise State, with their blue chit field, Southern Miss, Fresno, State, & Toledo.....all non conference pushovers were included in those totals.

Move up to the last 10 years since 2005 and Mizzou now ranks the 15th winningest program in the last decade. Like it or not GP, has brought Mizzou into the National spotlight. I'm not happy with Mauk, but without the entire offense on the field, I'll wait to see what happens. Its about Wins and losses. I'll take a proven QB over a guy who might get it done and had one impressive drive against the Sister of the Immaculate Blind Academy in the first game of the year. His last game against UCONN and the poor decisions and throws showed me he still needs more reps at practice.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/best-col...state-most-wins

Umm yet again the Junior QB had another stellar 50% completion rate but he at least he didn't throw his normal stupid interception. This against a team ranked 70th or something is defense?

Umm does this team have three more wins on it's schedule??? Not if they keep playing the way they have.

I'm no NostraGriffin but I foresee Locke as the starter before year end if the offense continues to stink this bad.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: IIFID]
      #250249 - 09/28/15 12:06 PM

MM was the leading rusher against Kentucky. I'll let that sink in for a little bit before I confuse you any more about how football works. Every team I played on from grade school to college except one year was successful. The one bad year had 13 starters injured by week 5. EVERY team had a great running attack, with an average to above average QB. Without a RB who can do his job, not blaming MM for anything. The receivers don't catch the ball very well either. Having Locke throw to dickheads that can't the ball won't change the fact that they can't catch. It's like selling the horse, because the cow stopped making milk.

ZERO RUN GAME........leads to people only rushing 3 or 4 people and dropping the rest into coverage. That's 7-8, if you follow the rules of football, dropped into coverage......running down 4 receivers and a back dropping in the flats or an under route. 7-8 guys can effectively cover 4-5 guys unless they are horrible on D. Kentucky gives up about 200 yards a game through the air. That's better than Miss State, Bama, Wisconsin, Notre Dammit, Oklahoma, Tennesee, BYU, KState and plenty more

You go sort the stats.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/st...5&sort=1121

When you don't have a run game, without an option style run first quarterback you have what you have with Mizzou. Putting in Locke won't change a damn thing. Neither QB can make the receivers catch the ball. Until the guy who is 17-5 as a starter can't go, or can't get wins with a proficient running back in there.......Locke learns from the sidelines. I don't blame the 50% completion rate on MM. If you watched any of the damn games, you wouldn't either.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250251 - 09/28/15 12:59 PM

Funny thing "Stats Boy" is that Locke (in a smaller sample size, I know before you bring it up) is averaging a 60.0% completion rate for the season VS MM's 51.8% throwing to the same peeps who can't catch? Locke is averaging 15.0 yards per completion vs. 11.47 for MM and even more compelling is that MM is averaging 5.95 yards per attempt vs. 9.0 for Locke. Yes MM has 6 TD's but has also thrown 4 INT's. Locke has one of each. And BTW Locke's rating is 140.8 vs 112.5 for MM.

So you just keep finding reasons for MM to be the starter while the MU sucks with him on the field..

Just wondering.. Do you have a poster of MM up in your room? Because it kind of sounds like a man crush.. just sayin'..

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#250252 - 09/28/15 02:43 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
MM was the leading rusher against Kentucky. I'll let that sink in for a little bit before I confuse you any more about how football works. Every team I played on from grade school to college except one year was successful. The one bad year had 13 starters injured by week 5. EVERY team had a great running attack, with an average to above average QB. Without a RB who can do his job, not blaming MM for anything. The receivers don't catch the ball very well either. Having Locke throw to dickheads that can't the ball won't change the fact that they can't catch. It's like selling the horse, because the cow stopped making milk.

ZERO RUN GAME........leads to people only rushing 3 or 4 people and dropping the rest into coverage. That's 7-8, if you follow the rules of football, dropped into coverage......running down 4 receivers and a back dropping in the flats or an under route. 7-8 guys can effectively cover 4-5 guys unless they are horrible on D. Kentucky gives up about 200 yards a game through the air. That's better than Miss State, Bama, Wisconsin, Notre Dammit, Oklahoma, Tennesee, BYU, KState and plenty more

You go sort the stats.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/st...5&sort=1121

When you don't have a run game, without an option style run first quarterback you have what you have with Mizzou. Putting in Locke won't change a damn thing. Neither QB can make the receivers catch the ball. Until the guy who is 17-5 as a starter can't go, or can't get wins with a proficient running back in there.......Locke learns from the sidelines. I don't blame the 50% completion rate on MM. If you watched any of the damn games, you wouldn't either.

Football is a team game, no argument there.

But QB is the most important position on the team. Yes, Caulkin was out, Hansbrough was 80% tops, no run game to speak of, he's throwing to a young core of receivers, his O line is inexperienced and can't run block and we had a bunch of injuries during the game.

There's all that.

But just to add one more piece of turd to the pile, so far this year, Mauk has been terrible throwing the football. Even with time, even with space, even with open receivers he has failed time and again to deliver. Great runner, not so great passer.

Drops? I've seen great receptions that should have been drops. Brown had 2 of them Saturday. Are you keeping track of them too? Moore and Brown can catch the football. And Hunt ain't too shabby. They're young, they're still learning but they gotta have a forkin ball in their hemisphere to catch.

Play Locke don't play Locke. Lockes got nothing to do with this I just know Mauk wasn't good enough last Saturday just like the majority of that team. No forkin way he skates on that loss.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: last_stand]
      #250253 - 09/28/15 04:11 PM

Am I saying the Tigers win that game with Locke in the game? No! But after watching Mauk so far this season I think Locke gives them a better chance. From what I've seen this year Mauk has regressed instead of improving. Does the O-line suck? Yep. Is it bad that Hansbrough is hurt? Yep. But Mauk has been bad dude. You ask if I've been watching the games - I was really wondering if you have been?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250254 - 09/28/15 04:21 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Funny thing "Stats Boy" is that Locke (in a smaller sample size, I know before you bring it up) is averaging a 60.0% completion rate for the season VS MM's 51.8% throwing to the same peeps who can't catch? Locke is averaging 15.0 yards per completion vs. 11.47 for MM and even more compelling is that MM is averaging 5.95 yards per attempt vs. 9.0 for Locke. Yes MM has 6 TD's but has also thrown 4 INT's. Locke has one of each. And BTW Locke's rating is 140.8 vs 112.5 for MM.

So you just keep finding reasons for MM to be the starter while the MU sucks with him on the field..

Just wondering.. Do you have a poster of MM up in your room? Because it kind of sounds like a man crush.. just sayin'..

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250256 - 09/28/15 04:41 PM

16-5 As a starter. I just call it like it is. When your leading rusher on the team the last two games IS YOUR non option running Pocket QB, the ONLY TD scored by ANYONE running the ball FOR THE SEASON, 4 forking games in is Mauk, and the leading yards per carry rusher is Mauk........I'm guessing we have more damn issues at Running back that we do at QB. Until the Running back issued is solved, there is nothing to change at QB. Locke drives the field to get hung up out of field goal range or right on the verge of it. Hell Mauk seems to do just fine with that. Take Mauk out of the game and then Mizzou really would have no rushing game. Locke sure as hell isn't running the ball.

Locke isn't going in anytime soon, unless Mauk gets hurt. Until the Run game gets established, it doesn't matter who the fork you stick back there. Locke looks like a freshman out there. But hey, I'm all for sticking Locke in the mix this week against South Carolina. That way when he loses the game all you westside koolaid drinking dudes with the Drew Locke tattoo on your shoulder can piss and moan about who we should recruit to replace Locke.

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#250258 - 09/28/15 05:11 PM

I agree Pinkel will probably keep Locke in the harbor. Stormy seas are no place for a rookie skipper. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Locke IS the future. And as a throwing arm it looks pretty bright but he has a lot to learn yet.

Dawg when Hansbrough comes back I hope the line can open some holes by then.

Right now they remind me of the scene in Animal House when the marching band runs into the back alley brick wall.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: last_stand]
      #250260 - 09/28/15 05:28 PM

Had Locke actually finished his drives down the field in his last 3 games, instead of letting them stall out or go for an INT, I would be saying stick the kid in there. I would be all about giving his 2 series in a row to see if he can get momentum going......but 17-5 just sticks in my mind.

Jones was on his way out and everyone wanted Daniel.....then Gabbert would be the deal, then no one could wait to get Franklin, then Mauk was the new hero when Franklin struggled. Same now with Locke. Let the kid learn the system this year, and next year let them go head to head. I'm all about winning games.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#250262 - 09/28/15 09:14 PM

Stop it!

Every team has an off year and every player has off games...Mizzou and MM come to mind.

Repeated stats and lame rationalization can't change that.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: Bubba]
      #250263 - 09/28/15 09:44 PM

Very True Bubba.......seems when Mizzou played Kentucky, they went Georgiaing. I guess its better to do that now, that when the SEC East title is on the line.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#250265 - 09/29/15 07:01 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Very True Bubba.......seems when Mizzou played Kentucky, they went Georgiaing. I guess its better to do that now, that when the SEC East title is on the line.

When the SEC East title is on the line? To quote the infamous rant of Jim Mora, "Playoffs? You talking about Playoffs?..."

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: sptsman]
      #250267 - 09/29/15 08:17 AM

Other than NostraGriffin who will accurately predict these games (at a later date), with the way they're playing do you see six more wins in this schedule?
SC HOME
FLORIDA HOME
GA AWAY
VANDY AWAY
MISS STATE AWAY
BYU HOME
TENN HOME
ARK HOME

I myself might see four wins in there and therefore bowl eligible but can't see see six wins. I hope I'm wrong!

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250275 - 09/29/15 06:40 PM

Looks like the question will be answered this weekend if a quarterback swap could be the thing needed for the ZOU

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: dabs]
      #250276 - 09/29/15 06:47 PM

All you Locke fans with the tattos on the arms will find out how good your freshman is......Maty Mauk is suspended for this weekends game. Maybe Hansbrough will be hurt still and yall can find out how good or bad the Fresh is.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4251

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page