CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #252401 - 04/25/16 05:24 PM

Cue the Jaws music....

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #252402 - 04/25/16 05:48 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
"I'll save the critique on this team and it's coaching when I see how the series actually ends." - sounds like one of your famous "predictions".

That ain't no forkin karma IIFID.

Get on board bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQFiDA4T4s

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #252403 - 04/25/16 05:50 PM

Fork you bubba. You're bad karma.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#252404 - 04/25/16 09:21 PM

Blues 3 Hawks 2

On to Dallas

Bandwagon Express All Aboard

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #252405 - 04/25/16 09:34 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
"I'll save the critique on this team and it's coaching when I see how the series actually ends." - sounds like one of your famous "predictions".

Exactly right.......never wrong. Deal with it KC fair weather fanboy.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: wuchang]
      #252406 - 04/25/16 09:35 PM

That gal in pink behind the hawks bench was awesome along wiff da BLuz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellovah game

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #252407 - 04/25/16 09:58 PM

Thank you sweet Jesus.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #252408 - 04/26/16 05:42 AM

Quote:

fastman said:
That gal in pink behind the hawks bench was awesome along wiff da BLuz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellovah game

I usually hate look at Q and the Hawks bench. Last night was more than tolerable. She could feed a village of kids

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#252409 - 04/26/16 06:12 AM

Happy for you 3 jabronies !
I actually watched the game . Exciting stuff even though I don't quite understand the rules.
For y'alls sake , I hope they keep winning!

Back to you , dabs

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #252410 - 04/26/16 06:36 AM

Hard fought win. The Hawks looked like they simply lacked the passion of a Cup contender. Not to go all Freud on you fellas but I honestly think the suspensions of Keith and Shaw played a much, much bigger role than people realize. Whether consciously or subconsciously it seemed they feared what might happen with another "incident". Guys like that win Cups by playing right on the edge (see Dustin Brown for LA Kings for another example). Those guys and a few others, Seabrook to name one, were nowhere near the edge. It was almost as if they were more concerned with their image not getting any more tarnished than winning. Good for the Blues, bad for the Hawks.

Nice to see Berglund finally decide to show up. Lord knows he's well rested. Between the injury rest and his lack of expending much energy in the regular season he should be the Blues most energetic player. I'll take it...

Backes did a fine job as well. Talk about a monkey off his back (or should I say a stray animal off his back?). He was put in a very tough role and performed. Well done!! Now, can he do it for 2 rounds in a row? Let's hope so.

Elliott was very good. He made all of the stop he was supposed to and few he wasn't.

On to Dallas. If the standings are any sign of what's to come, it should be another back-and-forth series. The Blues need to take a days rest and then smash down on the gas pedal. As we saw in the 2nd period of the last 2 games, any let-up and they will find themselves in a bad place very quickly. Let's hope the Blues can shut down Benn & Spezza the way they shut down Toews and Kane...

My only concern for the Dallas series is the letdown factor. This win over the Hawks felt like a Cup win to some degree. It is going to take some serious focus for these boyz to get back into the mindset that they have to play 60 minutes of intense hockey in Game 1.

Go Blues!!!

PS - Can we do away with the supposed Tarasenko / Hitchcock feud/drama. It was all media hype...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #252411 - 04/26/16 06:55 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Hard fought win. The Hawks looked like they simply lacked the passion of a Cup contender. Not to go all Freud on you fellas but I honestly think the suspensions of Keith and Shaw played a much, much bigger role than people realize. Whether consciously or subconsciously it seemed they feared what might happen with another "incident". Guys like that win Cups by playing right on the edge (see Dustin Brown for LA Kings for another example). Those guys and a few others, Seabrook to name one, were nowhere near the edge. It was almost as if they were more concerned with their image not getting any more tarnished than winning. Good for the Blues, bad for the Hawks.

Nice to see Berglund finally decide to show up. Lord knows he's well rested. Between the injury rest and his lack of expending much energy in the regular season he should be the Blues most energetic player. I'll take it...

Backes did a fine job as well. Talk about a monkey off his back (or should I say a stray animal off his back?). He was put in a very tough role and performed. Well done!! Now, can he do it for 2 rounds in a row? Let's hope so.

Elliott was very good. He made all of the stop he was supposed to and few he wasn't.

On to Dallas. If the standings are any sign of what's to come, it should be another back-and-forth series. The Blues need to take a days rest and then smash down on the gas pedal. As we saw in the 2nd period of the last 2 games, any let-up and they will find themselves in a bad place very quickly. Let's hope the Blues can shut down Benn & Spezza the way they shut down Toews and Kane...

My only concern for the Dallas series is the letdown factor. This win over the Hawks felt like a Cup win to some degree. It is going to take some serious focus for these boyz to get back into the mindset that they have to play 60 minutes of intense hockey in Game 1.

Go Blues!!!

PS - Can we do away with the supposed Tarasenko / Hitchcock feud/drama. It was all media hype...

If you thought that game lacked passion from either side you should consider finding something else to do with your time besides staring at a screen when a game happens to be on.

Kane/Toews with 1 goal between them is called good Blues hockey.

And the Tarasenko thing was not all media. Hitch made a conscientious decision to play D over Vladdy and after the two losses it became valid fodder. He stuck to his guns in 7 and the Blues won with great irony having Brouwer scoring the winning goal. Hitch is Hitch, he doesn't dance for anyone.

--------------------

sptsman

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #252412 - 04/26/16 07:05 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Happy for you 3 jabronies !
I actually watched the game . Exciting stuff even though I don't quite understand the rules.
For y'alls sake , I hope they keep winning!

Back to you , dabs

As much as I love hockey, played it in my younger days and still watch it, I will be the first to tell you that NHL rules are written with gray ink on gray paper.

Here's a really good rule of thumb: If a call is made by a guy without any orange on his shirt, it is a pretty black & white call (no pun intended) and it is usually correct. Those are the linesmen and their very good almost all of the time. They mostly call the basic stuff like offsides, icing and a few infractions like too many men on the ice, hand passes and pucks hit with a high stick. The guys with the orange on their uniform are generally drunk, mentally challenged or have taken money to influence the outcome of the game. 99% of their calls are completely subjective and their interpretation of the rules can change minute by minute. Those are the refs.

Where the casual fan gets lost is when the refs call the game one way in the 1st and 2nd periods and then another way in the 3rd, if the game is tied or within one goal. And if you watch hockey during the regular season, it is an entirely different game in the playoffs. I think there were 3 penalties called last night. Unless you were blind, both teams got away with at least 2 tripping calls and a few other infractions as well. In short, they call fewer penalties in the playoffs and it gets silly in a game 7.

But fear not, if you just hang around this board long enough, you'll be a regular Barry Melrose in no time. Or in your case, maybe a Don Cherry...

--------------------

sptsman

#252413 - 04/26/16 07:22 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
If you thought that game lacked passion from either side you should consider finding something else to do with your time besides staring at a screen when a game happens to be on.

Dude, do you have a reading comprehension problem or just like to make chit up that isn't there? Go back and read my post. I never said the game lacked passion. I said the Hawks players that normally play on the edge, didn't play on the edge and it showed. If you think the passion level of the Hawks was at the same level it was when they were schooling the Blues in the past, you're the one not paying attention. There were far less scrums than previous Blues/Hawks series and rarely pushed in the crease after the save to stir things up. How many times did you see a Hawks player go after a Blue, after a big hit? Very few... The point was that the suspensions likely caused them to not play so close to the edge and it showed...

Quote:

last_stand said:
And the Tarasenko thing was not all media. Hitch made a conscientious decision to play D over Vladdy and after the two losses it became valid fodder.

In a word, Bullchit!! It was all media hype and the teenage girls getting mad because their boy wasn't getting the ice time they wanted to see. Hitchcock is a HOF coach with his name on a Cup as a coach. He knows how to manage a player like Tarasenko. Once in a while a player get antsy and restless and pops off. That's all it was...

Don't let the media hype control your thought process. Watch the games and tune in here for my analysis. That's all you really need. Oh, and pay attention to what griffin says about goalies. He can see things almost nobody else can, when it come to goalies...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#252414 - 04/26/16 07:39 AM

The Tarasenko/Hitchcock deal WAS way overblown......if nothing else, simply because Hitchcock is the coach...he gets paid to manage the players. You do it his way, or you sit, or you biatch about it....but in the end you do it his way. That's hockey, and that's how a team wins with a coach who has a proven track record. I'm glad that Tarasenko got his panties in a wad over lack of playing time....great players do, it should be expected.....now sit down and shut up.

I don't think the Blues feel like they have won anything yet....I just didn't get that sense listening to the after game interviews. I was happy to see/hear it.

I think Andy's point about Shaw and Kieth is valid.....but let's face it, the Hawks had gotten a bit too used to being allowed to play on an edge that was further out then other teams have been allowed on. The league reeling them back in a bit was valid and needed.

This Blues team can win the Stanley Cup, they are that good, and play that well as a team.....and until they are eliminated I have no criticism. They've had plenty of that and now is not the time.

As I said before, there are very few people who thought this wouldn't be a 7 game series.....and a lot happens in a long series. Tarasenko put it aptly after the game...."we won 1, they won 1, we won 2, they won 2, and we won the last one." Seven games......that's what it takes to eliminate the Stanley Cup champions. Fabulously played series by the Blues.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #252415 - 04/26/16 09:14 AM

One more thing......lots of teams use the cycle to move the puck around behind the net in the offensive zone, waiting for someone to get open in front.....the Hawks do it in the slot and it's the scariest thing in hockey to watch if you are a fan of the opposing team.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#252416 - 04/26/16 10:09 AM

I was not referring to any drama with the Tarasenko thing, not any spat part with Hitch.

I'm saying the actual tactical use of Tarasenko by Hitch was VERY deliberate and in many quarters controversial to minimize your top scorers ice time and go with your checking defenders in his place. And the most often cited player taking his time was Brouwer.
He was criticized and questioned for it, he stuck with it, and it worked.

The Hawks had the passion, they have the experience, they just don't have the horses like years past. Keith can't do it all, their D core is mediocre beyond him and he will soon be a huge cap problem. Seabrook is past his spring line and soon another cap problem. The Blues shut down Kane and Toews and that left Panarin and Shaw and it wasn't enough. Playing thru June last year doesn't help either.

The better team, deeper team, won.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#252417 - 04/26/16 11:17 AM

And all I'm saying is that the sniveling whining that went on by Blues "fans" when Chicago tied the series was a joke.

I already heard this morning on my way to work that if the Blues don't win the series against Dallas then this win over Chicago means nothing.

How about shut the fork up and stick the microphone up your arse.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#252418 - 04/26/16 12:17 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
One more thing......lots of teams use the cycle to move the puck around behind the net in the offensive zone, waiting for someone to get open in front.....the Hawks do it in the slot and it's the scariest thing in hockey to watch if you are a fan of the opposing team.

griffin

Watching Kane skate rapidly decreasing concentric circles in the offensive zone will certainly tighten your sphincter...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252419 - 04/26/16 12:59 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Quote:

Dude, do you have a reading comprehension problem or just like to make chit up that isn't there?

Trust me when I say this......he ain't the only bastard in here with a reading comprehension problem.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #252420 - 04/26/16 01:51 PM

sptsman said:
"The Hawks looked like they simply lacked the passion of a Cup contender."

I apologize for thinking you said the game lacked passion from the Hawks. I don't know what I was thinking.

I am ok with varying opinions. Mine is the hawks had the passion, hell, it was as close a series as one could ask for.

In the end though, they just didn't have the horses this time around.

--------------------

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#252422 - 04/27/16 06:36 AM

Added bonus to the Blues winning is not having to hear any Cardinal BS.

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #252423 - 04/27/16 10:06 AM

Taking on the Hawks was a big step. Now, the Blues have to do what is expected of them:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-s...ans-going-happy

--------------------

last_stand

#252424 - 04/27/16 05:26 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl...k-you/83597980/

--------------------

sptsman

#252431 - 04/28/16 07:02 AM

I have to trust the players won't pay attention to any of that stuff and play like they are the underdogs. I'm sure Hitchcock will not allow them to get complacent.

Blues certainly have the edge in net. The goaltending for Dallas has been pretty mediocre. Blues have the edge on defense and depth as well. Where I fear Dallas is Benn and Spezza. I think Jamie Benn is about as good as they get in the NHL. Thank goodness Seguin is out and looks to be out for the whole series. That really stings them. He was their next best offensive player after Benn. Dallas also has an edge in team speed. Never more important for the Blues to play a strong team game and support each other. Forwards are going to need to play the whole 200' of ice and support the defense.

Let's hope they get at least one win out of Dallas and maybe even get greedy with two wins down there.

If they get up 2-0 or 3-1, don't be surprised to see Allen get a start. Maybe even after a 1-0 start.

Go Blues!!!!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #252432 - 04/28/16 07:43 AM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
Added bonus to the Blues winning is not having to hear any Cardinal BS.

You sound like the current generation. Words hurt. Words about Cardinals hurt even more.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10226

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page