CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
DADAKOTA

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri West Side

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #252433 - 04/28/16 08:52 AM

I keep tabs on the birds just fine Dog. This way I don't have to be exposed to the arrogant Cards fans (2nd only to KU)and their privileged homer attitudes. It is all good in ma hood.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #252434 - 04/28/16 09:07 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
I have to trust the players won't pay attention to any of that stuff and play like they are the underdogs. I'm sure Hitchcock will not allow them to get complacent.

Blues certainly have the edge in net. The goaltending for Dallas has been pretty mediocre. Blues have the edge on defense and depth as well. Where I fear Dallas is Benn and Spezza. I think Jamie Benn is about as good as they get in the NHL. Thank goodness Seguin is out and looks to be out for the whole series. That really stings them. He was their next best offensive player after Benn. Dallas also has an edge in team speed. Never more important for the Blues to play a strong team game and support each other. Forwards are going to need to play the whole 200' of ice and support the defense.

Let's hope they get at least one win out of Dallas and maybe even get greedy with two wins down there.

If they get up 2-0 or 3-1, don't be surprised to see Allen get a start. Maybe even after a 1-0 start.

Go Blues!!!!!

I don't see Allen getting in at 1-0.

If Hitch did it at 3-1 he could make a case. The way the games are spaced, "resting" is moot but keeping Allen fresh would be his reasoning. Not sure how sound that is?

As for the series, paramount we stay disciplined and out of the box with this Dallas offense. We match up well with them but I am surprised Dallas doesn't have some more supporters out there picking them to win. Our Series in reg season was 4-1 but 3 of those wins went past regulation.

I pick the Blues here too but I see it close. These games can turn on a dime.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #252435 - 04/28/16 09:22 AM

I've seen the Blues play the Stars twice this year.....the Stars are scary. That 4-1 season record doesn't tell the story.

Allen should not get a start. It's the playoffs.....you try to win every game with your best players. Elliott is the best goalie on the team. He plays.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #252436 - 04/28/16 10:17 AM

I hope the Blues go all the way and Pronger shows up to play.

I'm afraid the Blues are going to trade him away at the end of the season...

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #252438 - 04/28/16 01:18 PM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
I keep tabs on the birds just fine Dog. This way I don't have to be exposed to the arrogant Cards fans (2nd only to KU)and their privileged homer attitudes. It is all good in ma hood.

People hate what they don't have. That's why so many MU people Hate KU
They actually put a quality product on the court and have the rings to prove it. When you are good, you are good. Maybe it's the 100 loss seasons and years of bitterness of seeing success on the east side. Who knows. Crow on new money. It isn't easy getting there every year. I'll take an arrogant fan over the bandwagon clowns any day. KC has that department locked up. You don't go from 13k fans in a playoff hunt to 45k a night in a matter of weeks without having a bandwagon following......plus the countless I'm finally proud of my baseball teams postings.

It's amazing 75k people can find the stadium for football games to watch a mediocre team, but only 13k could find the same parking lot for baseball. The fans are finally showing up. Get below .500 or drop into the standings and see what happens. Of the fans stay, great. I'm guess they bail like they have in years past. It's what bandwagon people do dude

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#252456 - 04/29/16 04:50 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I've seen the Blues play the Stars twice this year.....the Stars are scary. That 4-1 season record doesn't tell the story.

Allen should not get a start. It's the playoffs.....you try to win every game with your best players. Elliott is the best goalie on the team. He plays.

Dammit I hate agreeing with Bailey.. but in this one case I think he's right..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #252459 - 04/29/16 05:30 PM

Did ya see what that Oshie kid did last night ?? Told ya so.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#252462 - 04/30/16 06:19 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
I have to trust the players won't pay attention to any of that stuff and play like they are the underdogs. I'm sure Hitchcock will not allow them to get complacent.

I stand corrected. They were simply outplayed on nearly every level. Maybe they did read the press clippings and figured all they had to do was show up... Hopefully, this will be their wake-up call.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

#252464 - 04/30/16 06:42 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

I stand corrected. They were simply outplayed on nearly every level. Maybe they did read the press clippings and figured all they had to do was show up... Hopefully, this will be their wake-up call.

I see they have you talking to yourself.

If not for Elliott, that game could have been 5-1.

The experts had the mismatch part down right last night, just the wrong team.

--------------------

sptsman

#252467 - 04/30/16 08:37 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

I see they have you talking to yourself.

Yes, yes they do...

I am simply stunned that this team would have a no-show in Game #1. After all they've been through over the last 3 years and then beating the Hawks in Round 1... I just can't fathom what was going on in their minds and why they would have not come out flying, hitting and shooting more. I suppose it will all be forgotten if they can win Game #2 but dayum, this bunch just baffles me at times...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

last_stand

#252469 - 04/30/16 10:27 AM

I have to give Dallas some credit. Goal tending was decent and they came out and took it to us.

But no doubt, the front guys were flat footed, sloppy and once again could not finish.

Lastly, as hard as you try, its difficult to come back after a series like Chicago and just pick up where you left off. I know they should know better, but doing it is why these games are decided on the ice.

Hope they find their game soon. Time is a' wasting.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#252470 - 04/30/16 04:13 PM

No worries.....this is another 7 game series. Lots of hockey left. I didn't figure the Blues would win this game, so I don't care of they were flat, flying, or whatever.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#252475 - 05/01/16 12:51 PM

I think you'll see a different Blues team today. I think they will be over their Hawk hangover.. at least I hope so..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #252477 - 05/01/16 05:26 PM

Concur , I see a 4-3 victory in overtime after the Note blows a 3-1 lead...Go Blue!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #252478 - 05/01/16 08:34 PM

As I see it, the Blues have played 2 really good periods of hockey out of 6.

And they are 1-1.

Time to ramp it up and stick with the winning game plan of those 2 periods if they want to advance. It's theirs for the taking.

And how 'bout that Captain? 2 OT game winners.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#252479 - 05/01/16 09:01 PM

As I see it the Blues just stole home ice advantage away from the #1 team in the Western Conference. I don't give a rats arse about analysis this time of year.....it's all about getting the W.

In reading comments from the Post and other outlets it's plain to me that Blue's "fans" have their collective heads up their arses over this team. This is how they've won all year.....it's what they do. The "fans" need to shut the fork up and enjoy the ride. Bunch of damn whiney bastards.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#252481 - 05/02/16 06:20 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

In reading comments from the Post and other outlets it's plain to me that Blue's "fans" have their collective heads up their arses over this team. This is how they've won all year.....it's what they do. The "fans" need to shut the fork up and enjoy the ride. Bunch of damn whiney bastards

Mr. Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Kettle...

Only one comment about the 4-3 OT win. And it is a comment I've made over the years about football as well. When you play the last 2,4 6, or 19 minutes of a game not to lose, instead of to win, you deserve to lose. I'm talking about the prevent defense in football and the "defensive shell" game in hockey. Any team that thinks it is a good idea to give a team like the Stars a dozen rushes at you in the last 6 mins of the game can plan on getting a goal scored on them. That was idiotic and it always will be, against teams with that level of offensive skill. Their weakness is their "D" and goaltending (at times). Dumping and making line changes as opposed to dumping and applying pressure / forechecking is a piss poor way to try to finish a game, with a one goal lead. In fact, it will lead to getting out shot 13-2 and giving up the game tying goal...

Oh, and we really needed Elliott to stop that breakaway. Would have been the nail in the Star's coffin. But no complaints. He's been good enough. Just would have been nice to see him be great!!! Sort of makes you wonder if Allen would have stopped that breakaway...

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#252482 - 05/02/16 07:02 AM

Andy---

Either you get the early edition of the newspaper or you are in the wrong business because the gomers in the Tip Sheet section agree with you

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/j...c0bcc10a72.html

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: wuchang]
      #252483 - 05/02/16 09:18 AM

Andy - the Blues are where they are in this series and got there because of Elliott. No goalie in the playoffs is facing as many shots as him. He HAS been great. And he'll be the difference in this series.

Get over it.

--------------------

sptsman

#252484 - 05/02/16 09:39 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Andy---

Either you get the early edition of the newspaper or you are in the wrong business because the gomers in the Tip Sheet section agree with you

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/j...c0bcc10a72.html

Bill, the PD used to have one of the best and most well respected sports sections in the country. Over the past 10-15 years it has fallen so badly, I hardly ever read it. I'll read the headlines daily but read about one out of every 25 articles and/or columns they publish. In short, the average sports fan is not much less informed and can give analysis equal to or better than the clowns they have now. I used to enjoy some of Bernie Miklasz's stuff as a columnist but the arse-clowns they have now are a complete and total joke. The guy that wrote the piece you are referring to, Jeff Gordon, is hit or miss. He is usually pretty decent on Blues stuff. And don't even get me started on the late Brian Burwell...

Just to clarify, I have no beef with most of the beat-writers. The guys like Derrick Goold, Jim Thomas, Jeremy Rutherford, Rick Hummel, et al are just fine. It's the a-holes that get paid to write opinions that are so hard to read and not want to poke your eyes out...

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#252485 - 05/02/16 04:29 PM

The national writers were the ones that were commenting on the Blues letting off the gas pedal

The PD writers----mehhhhhhhhhhh-
especially that yahoo they imported from Denver

sptsman

#252490 - 05/03/16 06:14 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
The PD writers----mehhhhhhhhhhh-
especially that yahoo they imported from Denver

The biggest douche of them all...

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #252494 - 05/03/16 09:49 AM

I guess you puck chuckers will have to find something else to occupy your time now -

http://toastdispatch.com/nhl-cancels-wes...as-elimination/

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: dabs]
      #252499 - 05/03/16 11:18 PM

Any questions?

griffin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#252501 - 05/04/16 05:24 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Any questions?

griffin

YEAH--- A few....for starters

Why is the NHL such a garage league when it comes to:

officiating

Scheduling of playoff games so everyone in the country can see the Blues and Dallas from start to finish EXCEPT the home markets in St Louis and Dallas-- see below from the PD Story in today's edition

Inside STL, NBCSN will switch to Blues / Stars at puck drop. #WeAllBleedBlue #stlblues 8:29 PM - 03 May 2016

Only that didn't happen.

NBC SN cut back to the Blues game after the first Lightning-Islanders overtime, but not before the St. Louis audience missed the first two goals of the Blues game.

NBCSN???? really???

When do the Cubs play the Royals in the World Series and which team wins??

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 450 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10226

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page