CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #250474 - 10/09/15 01:20 PM

serenity now....

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #250606 - 10/18/15 05:51 PM

Ells is 4-0 in October and looks like a Vezina winner. He looks really good.

That is all.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#250611 - 10/19/15 07:17 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
...I really like the size of this team. There has to be the ability to play physical and I think this team can.

Well, if anyone got a chance to watch yesterday's game the ability to match up physically with anyone was answered. That was a bruising effort. And to pull off that win with three or four significant scratches and being the 4th game in 6 days is damned impressive!! Oh, look for a fine and/or suspension for Dustin Byfuglien, for that hit on Bouwmeester. That had the potential to be career ending...

We'll see how they fare in Montreal with the red hot Habs. That will be the 5th game is 7 days and the 5th in a row on the road. Handing them their first loss would be pretty special. But i can't recommend putting any money down on the Blues tomorrow night...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #250635 - 10/20/15 01:35 PM

Once again.. It's the Blues.. Let me know when the win a playoff series.. seriously.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #250708 - 10/23/15 11:30 AM

Can we just go with Elliot as the starter now? Geez.....Allen is a great backup at this point, but nowhere near Elliot's level of play.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #250712 - 10/23/15 01:38 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Once again.. It's the Blues.. Let me know when the win a playoff series.. seriously.

Last Stand will wake you up--

if it is meaningful

sptsman

#250713 - 10/23/15 01:39 PM

Jaden Schwartz just went to the hospital. Seems he blew a tire in practice and got intimate with the goalpost (or something like that - reports vary). Since griffin tells us he makes everyone better, I have no worries. He'll just make himself better...

A Blues team missing Schwartz, Stastny, Shattenkirk, Fabbri and Berglund is what you would call depleted. I hesitated putting Berglund on there because I think they are actually a little better with him out...

Hopefully, the goaltending can help them through this. I wonder who they'll play?

--------------------

last_stand

#250748 - 10/25/15 06:22 AM

It's October. There's always that.

Schwartz getting into a bad habit of being injured a lot. Practice injuries are always the best.

Missed last nights game, still haven't seen 3 on 3 but I hope it sticks, not a fan of the shoot out to determine a winner.

Brouwer doing well, much more physical player than Oshie. He is not getting Oshie minutes but it's great having Jaskin, Rattie and even Upshall getting more time on the ice. I think that's a big part of the Oshieless Blues.

And on edit: Parayko. Wow. So far, the COMPLETE package.

--------------------

sptsman

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #250966 - 11/05/15 06:28 AM

WOW!! I would have bet big money that game was over after the first period. I kept the game on not to see a win but just to see if they would show some character and at least represent themselves in periods 2 and 3. Between Chicago going into a funk and the Blues turning it up 5 notches, I have to say that was one of the most impressive wins I've seen in a while. To do that in the Hawks home building is impressive!!

A few notes early in the season:
Gunnarsson is still a liability and needs to play more consistently or be moved to another team or to the AHL (not sure if that is even an option). Once Shattenkirk gets back they will have the depth at D to give him the choice, step it up or step out! I have been impressed with Petteri Lindbohm, when he's had the chance to play. Bring him up.

Colton Parayko is going to win at least one Norris Trophy and probably multiple, in his career. For him to be this good, this poised, this impactful in his first year, in the NHL, at age 22 is unbelievable. It is not so hard to believe for an offensive player but defensemen usually take a few years to develop and play this good. The crazy thing is that he looks a little like Pronger but really skates like him as well.

Backes is slowly coming around but he has clearly lost a full step. He is getting out-skated on a regular basis. Wondering if the bruising style of play over the years is taking its toll a few years earlier than it hits most NHL'ers. He is going to have to compensate for his lost speed by playing smarter. Not exactly his strong suit. As much as I think he is a very bad "C" I am pulling for him to get better.

The netminding situation is simply baffling. I guess we just hold our breath and hope it works itself out. Personally, I disagree with griffin and think Allen has the higher upside. Just not sure if either of them can carry the water. Then again, if the team plays well in front of them and doesn't need the goalie to steal a game, they'll be just fine with either. But you rarely see Cup winners with just average netminding...

Looong way to go. They've done an admirable job getting along without some very key players. Let's hope they can maintain that until they get healthy...

Go Blue!!

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#250968 - 11/05/15 08:08 AM

that was impressive last night..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: HAUS]
      #250971 - 11/05/15 11:29 AM

Last night was FUN. I hate that forker Shaw. Can not stand him and he was given that forkin penalty shot on what???

Hitchcock has to end this ridiculous goalie merry go round he runs. He pulls more levers than one legged crane operator.

He had Elliott playing pretty well earlier then he pretty much inexplicably switches him out and gives Allen all this playing time then puts Elliott back in against Chicago on a back to back game. Almost deliberately setting him up.

He needs to PICK A FORKIN #1 and STICK WITH HIM. I guess that's Allen. For Now. I guess. Unless he gets another itch up his azz.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #251230 - 11/29/15 09:49 PM

Is the season over or what? I need some insightful indepth analysis.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#251231 - 11/30/15 04:04 AM

In depth analysts must be still be in a turkey coma but here is a non in depth observation

The season is not over.....they have not lost in the first round of the playoffs yet.

sptsman

#251233 - 11/30/15 06:09 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Is the season over or what? I need some insightful indepth analysis.

Blues are almost 1/4 of the way through the season. If the playoffs started today, they would be 2nd in the Western Conference and playing Arizona or Minnesota or somebody they should beat in 5 games. But this is the Blues. We are a little skittish about what happens come playoff time...

As far as analysis, just watch Tarasenko. He's the real deal and the most pure scorer this team has seen since Brett Hull (albeit in a different manner). And keep an eye on defenseman Colton Parayko. He could win the Calder Trophy this season (Rookie of the Year). Overall a pretty good team that could go deep in the playoffs, if not for the playoff loss albatross they wear around their neck...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#251273 - 12/02/15 07:14 AM

That was knot impressive last night
Schooled by a 43 year old.lmao

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #251274 - 12/02/15 09:02 AM

Every time a team plays the Blues like Florida did last night the Blues take an ass whipping.

The Blues like to rush the defense into the mix.....if you stand them up at the Blue line like Florida did all night you force the Blues to play dump and chase, which is not a winning formula, and you create a ton of odd man rushes, which Florida enjoyed.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #251275 - 12/02/15 09:27 AM

Just to remind you - Royals are World Champions. They do well with the odd man rushes

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: dabs]
      #251277 - 12/02/15 09:58 AM

Thank God I only have to listen to that crap from you forkers once every 30 years or so. With any luck, at my age, this will be the last time.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#251283 - 12/04/15 08:00 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Every time a team plays the Blues like Florida did last night the Blues take an ass whipping.

The Blues like to rush the defense into the mix.....if you stand them up at the Blue line like Florida did all night you force the Blues to play dump and chase, which is not a winning formula, and you create a ton of odd man rushes, which Florida enjoyed.

If the Blues have a flaw on offense, it is the one-too-many-passes syndrome. That was one of their worst performances of the year. It was a combination of effort (10%) and not adjusting to the game that was being played (90%). Hopefully, they move on and take it to the Islanders tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot, KC

--------------------

fastman

#251295 - 12/07/15 06:55 AM

Saw Hitch interviewed last night on sports final.

I believe he said that the blues are mostly lazy bums.
Hitch praised Tarasako up & down on how hard he works, day in and day out. Times will tell if the team even cares.

On a side note ( pun intended ), how can the B Note survive without otts not dressing ( another intentional pun )for maybe three months. Those 34 penalties & 2 assists will shirly spell doom for the bluz

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Edited by fastman (12/07/15 06:57 AM)

fastman

#251377 - 12/18/15 06:33 AM

Team musta got the message. Blues & Allen lookin good lately.

--------------------

sptsman

#251385 - 12/21/15 06:43 AM

Yep, looking good the last few games... Two games on the east coast tonight and tomorrow night. If they can get two of the four point available, that will be just fine with me...

--------------------

sptsman

#251391 - 12/22/15 06:00 AM

What a letdown last night. All good until Philly woke up and started playing like they meant business. The Blues just laid down and a took a 2nd and 3rd period arse-whoopin'. They were outplayed, out-hit, out-hustled and most importantly, out-scored. Once again, they tried to make one too many passes several times and it cost them. I recall one specific play where Stastny had a wide open shot from less than 20' and tried to make some highlight reel pass. SHOOT THE FORKIN' PUCK!!!

Also pretty disappointed in how they let themselves get manhandled and how they let Philly take liberties with scorers. Of course the officiating was dreadful but that is just the norm in the NHL these days. I suspect we are on the upside of calls as much as the downside overall. But last night was brutal and the Blues were certainly on the downside... The too many men penalty was just incorrect and the penalty on Lehtera for high sticking Giroux was one of the worst calls you will see in an NHL game. That one lead to a goal.

Let's hope for better results (and effort) in Boston tonight.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#251393 - 12/22/15 07:05 AM

I notice #91 gets knocked on his ass quite a bit. That needs to end. Every time it happens there should be hell to pay. The Blues need to wake up and protect their scorers. It's an issue for the Captain to address.....or make a new forking "C".

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#251394 - 12/22/15 09:33 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I notice #91 gets knocked on his ass quite a bit. That needs to end. Every time it happens there should be hell to pay. The Blues need to wake up and protect their scorers. It's an issue for the Captain to address.....or make a new forking "C".

griffin

Backes is a weak "C". I've been saying it for years. They should have given it to Tarasenko this year or maybe even to Parayko next year. It simply has to be removed from Backes' sweater...

They have the best or one of the best penalty kill units in the NHL. Take a few roughing or fighting penalties if needed to deliver the message. I have very vivid memories of players rouging up Gretzky and getting a face-full of Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko within seconds. And it was usually pretty ugly. How often did Steve Yzerman get roughed up with Bob Probert or Darren McCarty nearby? Reaves is pretty good but he doesn't have that psycho edge that opponents fear, like Tony Twist or Bob Probert or Tie Domi (or if you want to stroll down memory lane, like Dave Schultz or Clark Gillies). And to let a forkin' Ruskie like Medvedev run roughshod over players is just a complete disgrace. They should have been using a broom an shovel to pick up his chiclets off the ice by the middle of the 2nd period.

This team better toughen up and get some heart or it is going to be another short playoff run...

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10225

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page