CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #251785 - 02/17/16 11:25 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Now playing the part of Jeky........or is it Hyde?

I will just cut & paste this over and over until you get it:

As of today, he has shown a propensity for good and even great play in he regular season and to go David Backes on us in the playoffs. No doubt he as the ability. The question is whether or not he can show up in the playoffs...

Besides, I don't think anyone sees the goaltending as the Blues #1 issue, going into the playoff...

Nobody has ever given him the full reigns in the playoff with the current team.....its' never happened. But there is NO doubt he is the best goalie in hockey right now. To not let him have it would be a monumental mistake.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #251788 - 02/17/16 01:21 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

As of today, he has shown a propensity for good and even great play in he regular season and to go David Backes on us in the playoffs. No doubt he as the ability. The question is whether or not he can show up in the playoffs...

Besides, I don't think anyone sees the goaltending as the Blues #1 issue, going into the playoff...

Nobody has ever given him the full reigns in the playoff with the current team.....its' never happened. But there is NO doubt he is the best goalie in hockey right now. To not let him have it would be a monumental mistake.

Dude, did you hit your head? Nobody has had the the full reigns, in the playoffs, with the current team because, well, it is the current team. But even you have to admit he has not stepped up when he had a chance in the playoffs. Blame it on injury, blame it on Backes, blame it on el Nino, blame it on whatever you want. The reality is that he played in the playoffs and did not do so well. Period.

As far as the upcoming playoffs, I don't give two flyin' forks who they play in the nets. As long as they hold their own... If Allen comes back and plays like he did when he got hurt, they will have a tough decision to make. You could make an argument either way... Right now it seems like Elliott would be the smart choice but you just never know how the rest of the season will go... And can you just ignore his past playoff flops?

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#251791 - 02/17/16 02:54 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Dude, did you hit your head? Nobody has had the the full reigns, in the playoffs, with the current team because, well, it is the current team. But even you have to admit he has not stepped up when he had a chance in the playoffs. Blame it on injury, blame it on Backes, blame it on el Nino, blame it on whatever you want. The reality is that he played in the playoffs and did not do so well. Period.

As far as the upcoming playoffs, I don't give two flyin' forks who they play in the nets. As long as they hold their own... If Allen comes back and plays like he did when he got hurt, they will have a tough decision to make. You could make an argument either way... Right now it seems like Elliott would be the smart choice but you just never know how the rest of the season will go... And can you just ignore his past playoff flops?

THERE!!! That's EXACTLY it!! You couldn't make this up. There is NO QUESTION who is the #1 goalie on this team right now......why in the holy fork would anyone even think to create a controversy.....it affects the goalie and it affects the team. You forkers learned NOTHING from your goalie savior 2 years ago......NOTHING!!!

You could be Hitchcock's assistant.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#251794 - 02/17/16 06:02 PM

Fellas , Fellas , easy now..its only hockey for goodness sakes.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

#251795 - 02/18/16 07:12 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

THERE!!! That's EXACTLY it!! You couldn't make this up. There is NO QUESTION who is the #1 goalie on this team right now......why in the holy fork would anyone even think to create a controversy.....it affects the goalie and it affects the team. You forkers learned NOTHING from your goalie savior 2 years ago......NOTHING!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#251798 - 02/18/16 10:06 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

That is not a question that matters ONE BIT in this season. he is the #1 (on the team and in the league right now).....he gets the nod in the playoffs....end of story.

Anything less is you forkers playing with yourselves again.

--------------------

sptsman

#251800 - 02/18/16 11:38 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

That is not a question that matters ONE BIT in this season. he is the #1 (on the team and in the league right now).....he gets the nod in the playoffs....end of story.

Anything less is you forkers playing with yourselves again.

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#251801 - 02/18/16 03:34 PM

He is what he is. Right now, as griffin said, he is the clear number 1. No question. And Allens game was falling off prior to his injury anyway.

Now, whether Hitchcock knows this is another story, so "end of story" is how Hitch writes it. IMO, he forked it up last season and went with the rookie.....and I do not trust his judgement one bit this season either.

This team will win if it doesn't fork up what it has going for it and scores just a reasonable amount of goals. It's all about scoring goals.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #251802 - 02/18/16 03:53 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
He is what he is. Right now, as griffin said, he is the clear number 1. No question. And Allens game was falling off prior to his injury anyway.

Now, whether Hitchcock knows this is another story, so "end of story" is how Hitch writes it. IMO, he forked it up last season and went with the rookie.....and I do not trust his judgement one bit this season either.

This team will win if it doesn't fork up what it has going for it and scores just a reasonable amount of goals. It's all about scoring goals.

Now wait a minute......you guys are always going on and on about how it's the GOALIE (and so defense) in the playoffs....and I agree. In the playoffs it's NOT necessarily about scoring goals......lots of one goal games there.

The fact is, this team doesn't score a lot. But they don't give up many goals either.....they are right near the top in league GAA. That's a good thing for a playoff run.

I agree about Hitchcock.....I think he's a great coach....but he could fork up a wet dream managing goalies. IF he doesn't fork this up, he's got something really good going with Elliott and how the team plays in front of him. BUT......like you, he scares me and I don't trust him not to throw a wrench in the deal.

On another note.....we need Ott back. This team is not chippy enough. SOMEBODY needs to make the other teams pay for hitting Tarasenko and Schwartz.

griffin

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#251803 - 02/18/16 04:49 PM

You said chippy..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#251804 - 02/18/16 04:49 PM

We have as good a D as is out there. Far better than last few years. We now have a goal tender playing rock solid. 2 parts of Hitchs system that's right on target.

Now we need scoring. That is, if you want to beat a Chicago or Dallas...We are like 22nd in the league at 2.4 or whatever. For one, it would help to SHOOT THE FORKIN PUCK more often but more than that these guys have to finish the forkin play and actually put the puck in the back of the net.

I'm not raggin on them. They are better than I ever expected this season. But dad gummit if they could close the deal and solidify the third leg of this triangle they really got something.

To the point on Ott, Bortuzzo has been somethin since Petro went down. The guys got an edge that's good for this team.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #251805 - 02/18/16 04:53 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
You said chippy..

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........he did, didn't he?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #251806 - 02/18/16 05:36 PM

I'm here at the game tonight....I'll report in for you knuckledraggers. So far I report that sptsman sucks.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#251807 - 02/18/16 06:39 PM

This 1st period is likely one of the Blues best all season.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #251808 - 02/18/16 06:46 PM

Do you get to scrub the floor between quarters?

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: dabs]
      #251809 - 02/18/16 07:52 PM

quarters????????

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: wuchang]
      #251810 - 02/18/16 09:44 PM

Well.....I just don't know if Elliott can be the #1 in a high pressure, physical game.

Maybe we can trade for some has-been goalie to pull us through the play-offs.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#251812 - 02/19/16 05:31 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Well.....I just don't know if Elliott can be the #1 in a high pressure, physical game.

Maybe we can trade for some has-been goalie to pull us through the play-offs.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#251813 - 02/19/16 09:09 AM

No, Andy.......his play right now is elevated to a level even he has never been at. He is in complete control of that goal crease and his positioning in unreal. There is NO question......none.

griffin

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#251815 - 02/19/16 07:49 PM

NONE..I chit you not! NONE!!!

You hockey moms crack me up!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

#251818 - 02/21/16 07:08 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
No, Andy.......his play right now is elevated to a level even he has never been at. He is in complete control of that goal crease and his positioning in unreal. There is NO question......none.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #251821 - 02/22/16 01:45 PM

Allen has been activated. Interesting to see if he gets the call tonight. Elliott could sure use a rest and his last outing was not his best.

Now we get to see if there will be a competition for the #1 spot of if Hitchcock feels Elliott has earned it. The dude has certainly been standing on his head lately.

Some say Elliott is the best in the whole league right now. I say...

And losing Steen is huuuuge!!! He is arguably one of the most important 2 or 3 players on this team. Some have more skill. Some hit more. Some play better D. But few are the complete package like him...

Are the Blues going to make a trade or stand pat?

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#251822 - 02/22/16 03:08 PM

Steen out a minimum of 4 weeks? Ouch! That sucks especially when the Note just got Schwartz back..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #251823 - 02/23/16 05:57 AM

And maybe the Elliott talk is a moot point with his "lower body injury".

How long will Reaves' suspension be? I'm guessing 1-3 games.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#251824 - 02/23/16 11:10 AM

so.. do you guys think the Rams will leave town??

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10226

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page