CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Mac
Birding Moderator

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: Mac]
      #253385 - 08/30/16 01:51 PM

Royals put the whoop-arse on the Yankees last night. Very good pitching and plenty of offense. That's 18 wins outta 22.

30 more games to go. Time to step up Boys!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#253470 - 09/04/16 11:15 AM

Yost lost us a game the other night when he brought Davis in on his first day back from rehab. We had that game won if he had stuck with Herrera as the closer and let Davis get his feet back on the ground in a less stressful situation.

We won last night but it highlighted a basic flaw the team as a whole has exhibited the last few weeks. Detroit starter had 15 of 17 first pitch strikes to hitters. We let 14 of them go by with no swings. Hitters are always behind in count. Been that way for a long stretch. My question is what role does hitting coach actually play on Royals when he can't seem to straighten out any of the hitters who are clearly in trouble? We need Kevin Seitzer back!!!

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Mac
Birding Moderator

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: Mel]
      #253534 - 09/13/16 08:01 PM

Well, Yost put Soria in tonight and he quickly assisted the A's in 4-run inning. Soria is flat killin'us this season.

The end of the season looms large with <20 games left, and we got nothing in the tank but Duffy.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#253536 - 09/14/16 10:33 AM

Not looking too good for you guys. Too many to jump to get anywhere.

Cards are hanging by a thread. Trending at .500 and that won't cut it.

Another big game at noon today and then a monster series with SF on the west coast.

The whole thing might be decided in a week or maybe .500 ball will let them continue to dangle.

Matheney finally sits Moss a game and he comes back with a game winning homer. He pulls Garcia after 1 and 2/3rds inning and we actually get the win for it.

I wanna see more proactive baseball and a pot full less of waiting for something good to happen.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#253537 - 09/14/16 11:44 AM

Quote:

Mac said:
Well, Yost put Soria in tonight and he quickly assisted the A's in 4-run inning. Soria is flat killin'us this season.

The end of the season looms large with <20 games left, and we got nothing in the tank but Duffy.

Do not ask Mel about Soria---trust me

It will not be pretty

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: wuchang]
      #253538 - 09/14/16 01:37 PM

Ned Yost is an arrow flinging goat chaser. He owns a big ranch down in Georgia. He must have gotten some trail cam pics of some really big bucks on his property and can't wait to get into the woods after them. That is the only logical answer I can come up with why he would keep running SoreAssia out there. Dude has entered a game with it tied or the Royals ahead TWELVE times this season where when the inning was over the Royals were losing and subsequently lost the game. Ned's run of pulling all the right switches ended this season..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

MelModerator

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: IIFID]
      #253541 - 09/14/16 04:32 PM

I think I finally see why Yost lost his last managerial job in the middle of a pennant race. He is loyal to players to a fault. He had to know that bringing Soria in last night he was throwing gasoline on a fire. It's crazy to keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results. In the after-game interviews Yost got pretty heated over the line of questions regarding Soria's use in high-leverage situations. Said he has confidence in all his players. Then Soria intimated that Dyson was not in the correct position in center is why he couldn't get to the go ahead hit. That throws aspersion onto Rusty Kuntz our outfield coach who is damned good at what he does. Dyson seemed to make a possibly incorrect route to the ball but he was damned well in the correct position. Soria is feeling the heat and this was nothing more than a BS CYA statement. You'll never hear Hoz, Gordo, Perez, or any other player throw blame on one of their team. Soria has become a cancer. It's probably the worst signing Dayton Moore has done as GM.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Mac
Birding Moderator

#253543 - 09/14/16 05:02 PM

Glad you guys can call it like is. We lack the Aces we need to dominate.

Royals shortchanged the rest of the team with shitty starting pitching. No clue what they were thinking...but it warn't effective!!!!!!

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#253545 - 09/14/16 06:54 PM

Never trust a dude named NED !

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: Bubba]
      #253546 - 09/14/16 08:27 PM

The seem pretty Brave lately - don't they?

MelModerator

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: dabs]
      #253567 - 09/16/16 02:20 PM

I think last night was the final nail in the coffin. Yost pulled most of his starters in the late innings and played a lot of young callus. To me this is getting a start on what they may have for 2017. It was a slim wild card shot at best and the last eight games sealed their fate. Injuries sure didn't help during the season but we traded away a lot of the future to win the series in 2015. it's now time to retool. Gordon was just starting to come around when he screwed up that wrist and put Moose out of action in the same collision. And for what it's worth I don't think Alex is seeing the ball real well when you look closely at his swings. Pitching was a problem the whole season and when the bullpen finally collapsed it got real ugly. Cain has not been at 100% for half the season. Perez was out also. Just too many vital cogs missing games. Plus the team had to be tired after the intensity of the last two years seasons. It's just time to say they tried and concentrate on next year.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #253569 - 09/16/16 04:12 PM

I bought new Soria, Young and Volquez jerseys yesterday - I am just sure they are all three bouncing back and will be on top of their games next year.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#253578 - 09/18/16 10:16 AM

Quote:

Mel said: Plus the team had to be tired after the intensity of the last two years seasons. It's just time to say they tried and concentrate on next year.

That's the Cardinals problems also. Last 20 years have been taxing on the organization.......and 5 straight years of playoffs, including 4 straight NLCS trips are hard on players.
Thanks New Money for helping give Old Money an excuse

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: H2ODOG]
      #253620 - 09/20/16 10:47 PM

I think I've seen the real problem. Yall don't play worth a chit out of the weak ass central division yall play in.

--------------------

MelModerator

#253709 - 10/02/16 11:17 AM

Ah, the life Dog must lead as hater. Come to think of it the name "Dog" fits just right for the personality. Teehee.

I think the team was and is tired. Stress and injuries finally caught up with them. Plus poor performances by several player didn't help.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Mac
Birding Moderator

#253710 - 10/02/16 12:29 PM

Today's game is the last game of the Royal's season.

Dog missed out on a bet to win $100 from me this season, although he did take every opportunity this season to WHAIL on my arse! LOL! He didn't too bad.

Too bad it didn't turn out better for the team. Still, a winning season ain't too shabby. We had a number of young players come up from the farm that did pretty well!

We got next year to look forward to...meanwhile the playoff games will be entertaining....I hope.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#253721 - 10/03/16 10:41 AM

I'm not hating Mel,,,,,,,I'm simply explaining the truth to you. KC couldn't play outside of their division. The AL Central was a very weak division. It traditionally always has been. All we heard years ago was about how the Cards played in a weak division.........but they still managed to win a WS playing in a weak division. Weak division or not, when you can beat teams from other divisions that's the key. The Royals lack depth. They traded away their talent for Johnny Q and a WS title. Every team EVERY year has injuries. The Cafds won the most games in baseball last year with 1/2 their club out. When your minor league system is deep, tje injuries don't pile up as much.

If being in the playoffs 2 straight years wore them out, then the organization needs serious help. The 90's Braves were in the NLCS year after year for nearly a decade. 14 of 15 years in the playoffs. The Giants have managed to make the playoffs and won the WS 3 out of the last 6 years. 12 out of 17 years for the cardinals and their playoff runs. Being tired isn't an excuse. Selling out your minor league club for a WS win leads Ron bad things down the road

Just like the Cardinals.......I can make all the excuses I want about why they didn't make the playoffs, but it comes down to not winning at home. The 4th worst home record of any Cardinals club in history. 3.5 million people paid to see really bad baseball, yet we were still in it until the last day. We can't blame anyone else for not helping us get in. 81 home games and we stunk it up. Injuries hurt is, not everyone has them. It didn't effect is lay year winning 100 games.

just think, you only have another 28 more years to go until
You get to celebrate another title.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#253722 - 10/03/16 01:12 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Today's game is the last game of the Royal's season.

Dog missed out on a bet to win $100 from me this season, although he did take every opportunity this season to WHAIL on my arse! LOL! He didn't too bad.

Too bad it didn't turn out better for the team. Still, a winning season ain't too shabby. We had a number of young players come up from the farm that did pretty well!

We got next year to look forward to...meanwhile the playoff games will be entertaining....I hope.

The last time the Royals won more games in a year than the Redbirds, it was 1995. I didn't need your lunch money, nor was I worried about losing the bet. Even when all won the WS, you still didn't have more wins than us.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#253725 - 10/03/16 03:11 PM

New money and old money both gone fishing with the Braves..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals [Re: Bubba]
      #253726 - 10/03/16 06:24 PM

Ya.......at this point it doesn't matter if you won 86 games or 68........unless you were working on the overall #1 pick.....then your 68 games still wasn't good enough. The AL Central has a monopoly on those #1 overall picks.

--------------------

MelModerator

#253786 - 10/12/16 02:24 PM

I love it when a plan comes together................

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4774

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page