CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: wuchang]
      #254548 - 02/24/17 03:39 PM

He's signed.

It's not a terrible contract and Berg is not a terrible hockey player for what he is. I knew they'd sign him just glad they didn't sell the farm doing it.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #254549 - 02/25/17 07:40 AM

Not much of a hockey fan, but is it ever good when some one says "not a terrible contract and (said player) is not a terrible player for what he is." Couldn't that money be spent better?

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: DjF]
      #254550 - 02/25/17 07:57 AM

I know my money can be spent better.

I split 2 season ticket club seats with another guy, and have for 4 years. I let him know this morning that I'm out for next year.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: DjF]
      #254551 - 02/25/17 10:42 AM

Quote:

DjF said:
Not much of a hockey fan, but is it ever good when some one says "not a terrible contract and (said player) is not a terrible player for what he is." Couldn't that money be spent better?

Maybe.

griffin and Sptsman seem dead set against him and some of me agrees. I might agree more with them if they can name a player or two available that can come in and do better for the money. Plus, the Blues, like most of the league, need centers. I am 100% certain he could of gotten more on the open market this summer.

He' a third line center, big guy, good on his defense and extremely hot/cold on his assists and scoring. He uses his size on offense and not so much on D. He's been a offensive disappointment since he came up but in the end his numbers are pretty much in line with other 3rd line centers. His play off game is usually better than his regular season game.

It's probably going to be a kiss your sister contract. He's on a torrid scoring pace right now after a bad first half, we'll see what happens in the remaining games.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#254554 - 02/26/17 05:26 PM

Scoff you may , but we need Oshie back stat.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #254556 - 02/26/17 08:00 PM

Dude - he was Fetch's favorite player.

Fork Oshie!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Edited by griffin (02/26/17 08:01 PM)

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #254570 - 02/28/17 09:19 PM

Well, the Blues are certainly better with Shattenkirk gone and Burgland signed.

What a forking joke this team is.

griffin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#254571 - 03/01/17 05:25 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Well, the Blues are certainly better with Shattenkirk gone and Burgland signed.

What a forking joke this team is.

griffin

Throw in the towel

no mas

Sad but true

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#254572 - 03/01/17 09:28 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

DjF said:

Maybe.

griffin and Sptsman seem dead set against him and some of me agrees. I might agree more with them if they can name a player or two available that can come in and do better for the money. Plus, the Blues, like most of the league, need centers. I am 100% certain he could of gotten more on the open market this summer.

He' a third line center, big guy, good on his defense and extremely hot/cold on his assists and scoring. He uses his size on offense and not so much on D. He's been a offensive disappointment since he came up but in the end his numbers are pretty much in line with other 3rd line centers. His play off game is usually better than his regular season game.

It's probably going to be a kiss your sister contract. He's on a torrid scoring pace right now after a bad first half, we'll see what happens in the remaining games.

Regarding Berglund, I just think the Blues grossly overvalue him and are paying him a cap-damaging salary. He's a mediocre 3rd line center. He has tons of God-given talent, skill, size, etc. and has never been able to muster up enough heart to use it all effectively. He gets these fat deals, plays like chit for 75% of the term and turns in on for a new deal. If the last several years aren't enough evidence, how about the two games since he's signed his new deal. Against Chicago his +/- was -2 and against Edmonton last night he was -1. Expect more of the same from him. He should be making no more than a $1 million or so. And the fact that other teams are willing to overpay, doesn't make it an acceptable deal. And the fact that we don't have an immediate replacement sitting on the bench is not justification either. They would be in better shape, all the way around, if they gave a shot to one of the youngsters in the AHL.

The bottom line is this team has too many players that showed promise and actually performed in the NHL, got fat contracts and are now not playing up to their deals. I can't think of a bigger dog right now that Schwartz. I was told (right here on this very forum) he was the future and "he makes everyone better". Perhaps I misunderstood and those were supposed to be references to making his bankers better off. If it was in reference to his hockey teammates, he only makes them better when he's on the bench and they get more ice time. Because his on-ice contributions aren't making anyone better.

I'll hold out hope for the rest of the season but it is really becoming hard to watch these guys play at less than 100%. Oh what I wouldn't give to have a Brian Sutter or even a Steve Ott in this team's dressing room...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #254574 - 03/01/17 02:34 PM

Look at the last two games.....in Chicago, Blues just coming off a 6 day break which is actually a huge detriment to winning, they played hard after 10 minutes and lost the game when Jbo forked up his coverage with 5 minutes to go.

Chicago, right now, is playing maybe the best hockey of anyone. The Blues were right there and let up and choked.

Then last night, Stasny can't score under any circumstance no matter how many opportunities, Schwartz had 2 great opportunities and got nothing, Tarasenko had his chances in both last night and in Chicago and pinged the posts twice. And then, OF COURSE, Jake Allen gives up a routine shot off his glove and breaks this teams back once again.

It's a team wide issue. They do 95% of the work and then can't close the deal. They just can't or won't finish. And then it's the goal tending. Or they let up and it's over in a flash.

This team needs a riding boss. The meaner the better. They are under performing, outright.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#254576 - 03/01/17 05:36 PM

No one wants to play for a meanie..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#254577 - 03/01/17 06:58 PM

They need to hire Joe Maddon.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

#254579 - 03/02/17 06:55 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
And then, OF COURSE, Jake Allen gives up a routine shot off his glove and breaks this teams back once again.

Placing even 1% of what is going on with this team on Jake Allen right now is preposterous (is it allowed to use that word here?)!! No doubt he was a disaster mid-season but his play over the last 10+ games has been just fine. And the shot you are referring to was deflected by one of his defenseman's stick blade. Watch the replay. I'm sure he would like to have a redo on that shot but let's not pretend it was just simple shot and he missed it. It had changed directions just enough to go off his glove instead of in it. That being said, Jake Allen needs to play at a high level from here on out, if the Blues are to have any chance.

And I have never given two flyin' forks about moral victories against any team, especially the Hawks. Maybe that's OK at the high school and college levels but it just makes you a loser at the pro level. The Cubs went 108 years with a whole bunch of moral victories and the Blues have now exceeded 50 years of moral victories. Playing them close and losing in the last 5-10 minutes is loss, just the same a losing 10-1. It gets you zero points and goes on your record as a loss. Perhaps someone in the STL media and in the Blues locker room needs to hammer that point home, instead of treating these players like some sort of boy-wonder celebrities. Rant complete!!

Right now the success or failure of this season rests completely on the guys with the bigger salaries. If they can't find it in themselves to play up to the levels they are being paid, this team won't make the playoffs.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254581 - 03/02/17 07:36 AM

I said it from the very start of the season and was poo-pooed (can I use that word here?) by both of you boneheads.

THIS TEAM HAS NO CHARACTER!!!

I have sold my tickets for the 3 games I had left and am done with them this year. I'm still calling for a fire sale. I'll gladly sit through and support a couple of rebuilding years.....but I'm not supporting this forking mess.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254582 - 03/02/17 10:36 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
And then, OF COURSE, Jake Allen gives up a routine shot off his glove and breaks this teams back once again.

Placing even 1% of what is going on with this team on Jake Allen right now is preposterous (is it allowed to use that word here?)!! No doubt he was a disaster mid-season but his play over the last 10+ games has been just fine. And the shot you are referring to was deflected by one of his defenseman's stick blade. Watch the replay. I'm sure he would like to have a redo on that shot but let's not pretend it was just simple shot and he missed it. It had changed directions just enough to go off his glove instead of in it. That being said, Jake Allen needs to play at a high level from here on out, if the Blues are to have any chance.

And I have never given two flyin' forks about moral victories against any team, especially the Hawks. Maybe that's OK at the high school and college levels but it just makes you a loser at the pro level. The Cubs went 108 years with a whole bunch of moral victories and the Blues have now exceeded 50 years of moral victories. Playing them close and losing in the last 5-10 minutes is loss, just the same a losing 10-1. It gets you zero points and goes on your record as a loss. Perhaps someone in the STL media and in the Blues locker room needs to hammer that point home, instead of treating these players like some sort of boy-wonder celebrities. Rant complete!!

Right now the success or failure of this season rests completely on the guys with the bigger salaries. If they can't find it in themselves to play up to the levels they are being paid, this team won't make the playoffs.

Allen had the puck on his glove.

Deflected my ass he had clear vision and had the puck no matter how it got there.

I have zero idea why you are talking about moral victories. I am talking about the Blues choking.

Good forking grief.

--------------------

last_stand

#254583 - 03/02/17 04:41 PM

Maybe the Blues can draft #7..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkyR9TAYgjk

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#254584 - 03/02/17 05:45 PM

It is disheartening to the rest of us when you three squabble..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#254586 - 03/02/17 06:59 PM

Maybe a squabble or two down in that hillbilly forum is what you need.

A lawsuit gets 4 posts.

Now that's some exciting chit.

--------------------

sptsman

#254588 - 03/03/17 11:42 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
It is disheartening to the rest of us when you three squabble..

It's hard enough keeping these two knuckleheads in line without having you chime in...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254596 - 03/04/17 11:53 AM

Tomorrow night the Blues play the last place Rockies.....a team with only 17 wins all season. Anybody want to put their money on a Blues win?? No?

That's where this team is now.

With Armstrong in charge, Yeo will be out of hockey in a year.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#254599 - 03/06/17 06:14 PM

After careful consideration I predict the Blue will beat the Avs. I even foresee Allen pitching a shut out. Griff bet on the Note. That is all..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: IIFID]
      #254610 - 03/08/17 11:15 AM

Maybe best game of the season and not a peep?

Here's to the Blues winning some more so griffin can jump back on the wagon for the 4th time this year.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254611 - 03/08/17 12:22 PM

Nah, didn't care to watch......I have moved on now and this season is behind me.

I've got no use for this version of the Blues.

Enjoy.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254614 - 03/08/17 04:29 PM

Moved on? Signing off on March 8th?

I'm callin bull chit.

But ok with me, every time your "out" this team comes back.

Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254617 - 03/08/17 06:36 PM

Since the first game I attended this year I have hated this team.....and nothing I have seen this season changes my opinion of them as the most gutless, characterless, version of the St. Louis Blues in their history.

I truly can't watch them any more, and I damn sure will not support them by spending my money.

Maybe next year......but it will take wholesale changes in the organization to turn this around.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 1131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11605

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page