CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #254924 - 04/17/17 09:31 AM

Who's been slacking the last 7 weeks?

Our top face off guy is out. Barbashev batting 50% is best we have right now.

Blues have caught a lot of breaks usually lost to the other play off team. They have to improve in a number of areas to advance deep......but no doubt slacking and floating, the usual ailment, is no where to be seen.

We'll see if they can tighten up the 2 areas you mentioned and get some more shots/scoring. 2 goals a game makes life difficult.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #254927 - 04/17/17 01:03 PM

Go Blue!!

I need them to make a deep run in the playoffs. I simply can't watch the crap our baseball team is trotting out on the field these days!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#254930 - 04/17/17 10:35 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
no doubt slacking and floating, the usual ailment, is no where to be seen.

Look, I have made it clear I don't like this version, but I can't root against them.......that being said, yeah, their pursuit to the puck has been relentless.

I want Perron to win me over because he surely has the hands to be that crazy pest every team hates to play against if he has the attitude to go with it. I have seen that in this series.

As for Allen, again, I've not been a fan.....but whatever the hell they did with him has surely worked. He's not been out of position on a single shot for the entire series...crazy good.

I hope they win.

And the more I watch of Nashville/Chicago the more I REALLY hope they win. Chicago is toast so I'd love to see the Blues knock them out again (as much as I don't like this Blues team, it can't come close to how much I hate that Chicago team)......and I'll take the match up with Nashville any day.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #254931 - 04/17/17 11:24 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Go Blue!!

They might make it past Minnesota, maybe. No chance they'll make it past Chicago.

Knot much of chance of the hawks playin past this thursday

The Big Swede along with the whole Blues team are playin gr8.

Prolly should give the coaches a big way to go coaches.

Nashville looked very very good tonite.

As did the blonde behind the Minny bench the other nite.
That gal should be given that seat for the rest of her life

p.s. cards looked good 2nite

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

#254937 - 04/19/17 02:55 PM

Win you over? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude, no one but you thinks there's a problem with him. Terry Yate said the other day career year, incredible play, best he has ever seen him and one of the most valuable components to this team. You've been wrong about him all year, don't stop now. bwaaaaaaaaaa

I wanted to face the Hawks, not liking the strength of the Preds D and Rinne has always been great against us.

First we gotta get there. Go Blue!

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#254940 - 04/19/17 06:08 PM

Go Blue

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #254942 - 04/19/17 09:03 PM

LS - I guarantee you I have followed Perron's career closer than you have because he had so much promise and I was a fan of that potential and his great hands......so yeah, he's got to win me over before I don't want to do anything but take a dump on his jersey. There was a day, early in his career, when I thought he could develop to be that 40 goal scorer we needed so badly, but he played like he had cement between his ears. Why do you think he couldn't find a team that he was a fit for?

Career year??? Ok....but it's not exactly been a stellar career. (hey, so has Berglund, or did Terry FLAKE miss that?? ... bwaaaaahahahahaha!!!) Do you even watch hockey outside of the Blues?

He's played well of late.....but the first half of this season he was the same dog he's always been.....uber talented with no heart and a "me first" attitude.

We'll see. I'll be happy if you're right.....but he's got a ways to go to convince me he's a different cat.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254943 - 04/19/17 10:35 PM

First 2 lines for the Blues sucked tonight. The Note had VERY FEW good scoring chances, the Wild had numerous. Allen was good enough. Tarasenko looked like his old playoff self.....just shoot the damn puck!!

Perron and Steen AWOL.....can't win if they don't show up. Serious question.....is Perron hurt? He missed a few shifts (only played 16 minutes) and was completely ineffective when he was on the ice.

The effort was good enough for me to believe the Blues can win at least another game.....but this series is a looooong way from over. Without question, the Wild are the faster and more talented team so the Blues need some breaks like they got the first 3 games.

Bring on game 5!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254944 - 04/20/17 09:19 AM

You're stubborn as hell. You were wrong when you popped off about him so now still wrong. No heart? Selfish? Jesus I give up ....think what you want you're all alone anyway.

Momentum back to Minny in Minny. Hell yes they have the numbers to score but Blues need to stay strong on the D and be more aggressive on O and take their shots at the net rather than the mamby pamby stuff that went on last night during that first period snoozefest.

Dub looked good, Allen not so much. Sat needs to be played well win or lose but I am thinking this one goes to game 6 and Katie bar the door for that one.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254945 - 04/20/17 09:36 AM

Oh, OK.......Perron is one of our team's top players then.....great!!

I guess that's all I need to know about how far the Blues can go.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254947 - 04/20/17 05:21 PM

Top player?

I've said 2 things to you about him all along:

-he's not the same player that left, TONS better.

-He is NOT any kind of problem, as you said he was.

Yeo has him on both PK and PP. How does a slacker get that duty? Looks like Yeo ain't with you either.

Like I said, say what you want about him but you're all alone bashing Perron.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254948 - 04/20/17 07:39 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Top player?

I've said 2 things to you about him all along:

-he's not the same player that left, TONS better.

-He is NOT any kind of problem, as you said he was.

Yeo has him on both PK and PP. How does a slacker get that duty? Looks like Yeo ain't with you either.

Like I said, say what you want about him but you're all alone bashing Perron.

No.....he seems to be playing better for Yeo then he has played for anyone else....but I am not convinced he is not the same player he has been for every other team he didn't work out for. He sucked last night....SUCKED. His first half of the season looked like all the rest of his seasons.....mediocre at best.

Like I said, we'll see. And also like I said, I would be happy if he became the player you think he has become. The same goes for Berglund. You a big fan of that dog too now?

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254949 - 04/21/17 05:15 AM

Give me a heads up when you're happy. I don't wanna miss that.

But you should be happy. These guys are already miles ahead of where you buried them on March 1st. bwaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254951 - 04/21/17 08:50 AM

Look man, I'm REALLY happy that Calgary is out, Chicago is out, and Boston is almost out while the Blues are still playing.

But I'm not happy that Tarasenko has once again disappeared in the playoffs, Berglund is one of the Blues best players on the ice, and Perron is being seen as some kind of savior for a team that really lacks the essentials to win a cup.

That's all.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254952 - 04/21/17 12:01 PM

Well if they lack the essentials to win then sit back and expect that. Not sure what to tell you. The front nine on most any team is far from perfect. This Blue front line is missing 2 big components from last year and another 2 big components to injury this year. That's dang near half of the nine from last years final four team. There's a limit to all this.

Allen and the D has come through. To close out Minnesota this team now needs some scoring power from the front, I don't really care who it comes from.

From my seat, this team won't collapse. Won't quit. I said maybe a game or two and then bounce back. We'll see.

Minnesota has had them beat on paper the whole time.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#254953 - 04/21/17 05:52 PM

Bring back Hitch!!!!!

go blue

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #254957 - 04/23/17 06:52 AM

The hi's and lows of game 5 yesterday were miles apart. The difference with this team, to this point, is coming back from the lows to find ways to win.

Since March 1, this team has found ways to win, getting zero respect while doing so. Boudreau, while losing 4 of five games, including all 3 of their home games, claiming the better team did not win.

Not sure where this is going. Not liking the Preds matchup, would have much preferred Chicago. Yeo seemed to indicate the right areas to improve on during his presser I just hope he can get the team to adjust their game down ice.

Hats off to Jake and his mates. Blues advance to round 2, and I'm happy. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254958 - 04/23/17 10:25 AM

They don't deserve any respect for playing well for 1/4 of the season and playing like spoiled, gutless, brats for the first 3/4. This team has to EARN respect......they owe it to their fans who watched and paid for a crap team that wasn't even enjoyable to watch for the majority of the season.

We'll see......beat Nashville and I'll sit up straight. Until then I'm the kid in the back of the class, laying back, chewing gum, feet on the chair in front of me, sarcastically shaking my head. I've been a diehard fan for 50 years and watched some damn good Blues teams. I don't just hand respect to a team like this.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#254959 - 04/23/17 11:52 AM

Nashville didn't just beat Chicago, they dominated them. If the Blues figure out a way to beat them, I would say they have a shot at being just like the 2006 WS winning Cards or the LA Kings, when they rode Quick to a Cup, unexpectedly. Odds are long the way this team is built but stranger things have happened...

Go Blue.

--------------------

last_stand

#254961 - 04/23/17 04:30 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
They don't deserve any respect for playing well for 1/4 of the season and playing like spoiled, gutless, brats for the first 3/4. This team has to EARN respect......they owe it to their fans who watched and paid for a crap team that wasn't even enjoyable to watch for the majority of the season.

We'll see......beat Nashville and I'll sit up straight. Until then I'm the kid in the back of the class, laying back, chewing gum, feet on the chair in front of me, sarcastically shaking my head. I've been a diehard fan for 50 years and watched some damn good Blues teams. I don't just hand respect to a team like this.

griffin

That's you. I've been there all 50 as well. I never dissed the team like you though so I can see why they have to pass some test for your support no matter 29-6 and a first round win since Yeo took over. Still not good enough huh?

Beat Nashville and you respect them? WTF is that? Do we have a first line even close to compare?? Do we have a goalie like Rinne? Nashville brought in 2 elite players last off season, what did the Blues get to compete? The one guy they got, you call a slacker and a headcase. How the fork have you put yourself in the position to "respect" the Blues if they beat them and not if they don't??

But glad you agree with Boudreau on respect for the Blues, he's the biggest whiner in the nfl making excuses for his own failures.

That's some good forkin company to keep.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#254962 - 04/23/17 05:47 PM

HEY , LS....quit beating on my friend and all around great guy , griffin. He has a right to his opinion ,and dog and I are tired of your constant disrespect!

Go blue... from the back row , feet up and chewing gum.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254967 - 04/23/17 10:40 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

That's you. I've been there all 50 as well. I never dissed the team like you though so I can see why they have to pass some test for your support no matter 29-6 and a first round win since Yeo took over. Still not good enough huh?

Beat Nashville and you respect them? WTF is that? Do we have a first line even close to compare?? Do we have a goalie like Rinne? Nashville brought in 2 elite players last off season, what did the Blues get to compete? The one guy they got, you call a slacker and a headcase. How the fork have you put yourself in the position to "respect" the Blues if they beat them and not if they don't??

But glad you agree with Boudreau on respect for the Blues, he's the biggest whiner in the nfl making excuses for his own failures.

Dude, I looked up HOMER in the dictionary tonight.....

Homer:

1. A baseball home run

2. A pathetic fan of the home team no matter how bad they are and how good they look playing the easiest schedule in the league

3. A person who claims to be a fan but starts making excuses for a playoff series loss before the series even starts

4. Last Stand

Sorry bro.....that's what it said.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254968 - 04/24/17 05:15 AM

Sorry griff but.....I ...just....cant'.....respect that.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#254969 - 04/24/17 05:16 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Dude, I looked up HOMER in the dictionary tonight.....

Homer:

1. A baseball home run

2. A pathetic fan of the home team no matter how bad they are and how good they look playing the easiest schedule in the league

3. A person who claims to be a fan but starts making excuses for a playoff series loss before the series even starts

4. Last Stand

Sorry bro.....that's what it said.

griffin

sptsman

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: wuchang]
      #254970 - 04/24/17 11:57 AM

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11605

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page