CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Cards....... [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255198 - 06/05/17 12:13 PM

The cards initially made an offer for a 5 year deal.........thinking they would control him through 2016 and then thinking he wouldn't leave the town or team after 16 seasons..........allowing them signing him to one final deal in 2016. They should have given him a 7 year deal with team options for years 8-10, of needed to make him happy........and bigger money For incentives and playing good in those final years. Instead they low balled him out of the gate. I would have been pissed off too

Only when other teams got involved, and it looked like we might lose him, did the Cards step up their offer. If they had no damn problems going PQ years and $200 million at the end of negotiations, why not do more on the front end of negotiations if they wanted to keep him.

I mean Gawd Dammit..........they wanted to pay Jason Heyward $25 million a year for 8 seasons. A career .260 hitter who hits 20 dingers a year.........all because he has a great WAR. MO was willing to go Full retard on The Heyward deal, but went half ass on a career .330 hitter, who is sill producing more at the plate as an old man than Heyward

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#255199 - 06/05/17 01:29 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Wrong again old man. Pujols has played 155 games a year
Since being in Cali, except 2013 when he was hurt. He has played nearly 120 games at first base every one of those season, until last year, when they put him as the DH primarily. The Angels actually have another TRUE 1st baseman they can use, who bats about .280 and gives them another solid bat in their lineup. Why not put AP as the DH, when you have another younger guy to use in the field. It's first base. It's not like we asked him to shag balls on Left Field.

125 games a year from AP with his numbers is way better than watching Brandon Moss strike out 200 times and hit .215 Maybe you enjoyed watching Adams, Reynolds, Moss, and the rest think they were farmers swinging at chit in the dirt while batting.

Like 120 games a year is some kind of achievement? For 25-30 mil a year?

I never said he dh'd since leaving. He dh'd last year and most all of this year. Years 5 and 6 of his contract. Those years plus his remaining years are some 160 million to sit on pine and come to the plate 4 times a game. He can't even do that much if he were here.

He's been asked and he has said himself......after back to back games at first he aches...and he's got major foot issues, if he stayed on this team your 250 million dollar player would be in the field 80 games right now tops with 115 million more to pay for in the remaining years.

He's just another AL dh guy who can't go 150 games a year, and by his own words will be aching if he does half that. Once his foot flares he's screwed for a long long time too. The Angels know this which is why he's riding pine.

The Cardinals wanted this guy. They wanted to sign early. Pujols wanted no part of that. He WANTED what he got at the time. Claiming he got dissed then wifey got all pizzed off too..........him claiming it "wasn't" about the money......oh yeah, the diss ...remember that one?...what a joke..........he can play out his days in LA and then stay out there too for all I care.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: last_stand]
      #255200 - 06/05/17 03:06 PM

The Cards could have easily signed him to a 5-6 year deal with options like we had with holiday. You know, pay the dude $1 million to walk away instead of $18 million to stay. Pretty easy

Having Albert around for 5-7 more years for $25 million a year would have been worth it. Anything is better than the Abortion we have a not he foels now. Carp needs to be at 3rd. Gyorko needs to be at 2nd. Diaz at Second and an HONEST TO GOD first baseman should have. Even picked up the day Pujols left instead of chasing Heyward for big money. The starting pitching is decent enough and good enough to win games. Our offense is awefuk. Like late 90's pre Pujols aweful. The D is about the same. The Managing is worse.

--------------------

last_stand

#255201 - 06/05/17 03:52 PM

Dawg I have zero problem with your assessment of the current Cardinal team and their shortcomings. Particularly at first base.

But this fantasy about how we could have signed him for less and how well it would have worked out for us if we signed him for anything is just wishful thinking.

First, HE WASN'T GOING TO SIGN without his shot at free agency. PERIOD. That's what he wanted, to prove his worth on the market. He was asked here 100 times about his chances of being a Cardinal and he had the same bs answer every time. Where are you getting this easy sign deal in your head? he wanted no part of that. None.

Secondly, the guy, right now, can't play first everyday. No where near it. He's played first FOUR times this year, 28 times last year. WTF would he be doing for us if he can't play the field???

And like I said, if that foot issue fires up he's on the DL for 30 days minimum and or he won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn.

There's plenty to biatch about in Cardinal land, but this ain't one of 'em.

I'm done.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#255202 - 06/05/17 07:01 PM

Go easy on Hayward, he got his start on America's team......and LS you aint done til stat boy says you are done!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: Bubba]
      #255203 - 06/05/17 08:04 PM

Ya.......Heyward sucked ass in Atlanta before we got him on STL. He's
A career .260 guy with a greatarm........and his WAR stat. Let's not forget that. Give me a .300 hitter with a decent arm. Hell for Heyward money we can get two of those.

4 days of Pujols Production this year is about what we got from Adams also..........and we are still paying him. You hate the greedy fork.... I get it. Sportsman is under a restraining order to stay away from him. You two bastards said he wasn't worth the money. I'm pointing out to you two, rhaybhus nunbers for the last 5 seasons are better than ANYTHING we have had there. The Angels are busy protecting their investment and have someone to play first, so he DH'a. Everything I've read aid he feels good if he gets rest after playing for several days. You know like you old fork... need a nap and rest. We will never know how it all panned out in STL. We have different doctors, different trainers and surgeons. You think he would be playing oh one day a month. I'm betting he would get 130 games a year in

Either way........Mo won't bother to find a first baseman this season or this coming offseason. Matheny will still suck next year and the year after. The entire coaching staff should go. Hell.........Mo can pack his chit and go also. His offseason pickups.........Fowler and Cecil. Never mind the forking hole at 1st. We can just piece mill that chit ..........kept dead weight of Broxton and Peralta around. I bet dude wears Cubs underwear to bed and is a closet Cubs fan with the boneheaded moves he makes

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#255204 - 06/05/17 08:47 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Ya.......Heyward sucked ass in Atlanta before we got him on STL. He's
A career .260 guy with a greatarm........and his WAR stat. Let's not forget that. Give me a .300 hitter with a decent arm. Hell for Heywarda money we can get two of those.

4 days of Pujols Producrion this year is about what we got from Adams also..........and we are still paying him. You hate the greedy fork.... I get it. Sportsman is under a restraining order to stay away from him. You two bastards said he wasn't worth the money. I'm pointing out to you two, rhaybhus nunbers for the last 5 seasons are better than ANYTHING we have had there. The Angels are busy protecting their investment and have someone to play first, so he DH'a. Everything I've read aid he feels good if he gets rest after playing for several days. You know like you old fork... need a nap and rest. We will never know how it all panned out in STL. We have different doctors, different trainers and surgeons. You think he would be playing oh one day a month. I'm betting he would get 130 games a year in

Either way........Mo won't bother to find a first baseman this season or this coming offseason. Matheny will still suck next year and the year after. The entire coaching staff should go. Hell.........Mo can pack his chit and go also. His offseason pickups.........Fowler and Cecil. Never mind the forking hole at 1st. We can just piece mill that chit ..........kept dead weight of Broxton and Peralta around. I bet dude wears Cubs underwear to bed and is a closet Cubs fan with the boneheaded moves he makes

Whoa.....hold the fork up here.....who the hell is Rhaybhus and what kind of contract can he be had for?

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: griffin]
      #255205 - 06/05/17 09:01 PM

Stop changing my posts Ya drunk bastard..........or I'll make you listen to Soupy again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255206 - 06/06/17 05:26 AM

I didn't change your damn post......I can barely keep up with the junk you throw out there.....you're like a cafe Donald Trump.

I have just never heard of Rhaybhus and wondered if he was any good.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#255207 - 06/06/17 05:33 AM

Rhaybhus is Brandon Moss's twin brother

He can play first base but can't hit for power and strikes out 237 times a season

Mo is thinking about bringing him up to the bigs so he can try and induce Dog to stroke out

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: wuchang]
      #255208 - 06/06/17 05:51 AM

Dawg do you do twitter?

bwaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Cards....... [Re: wuchang]
      #255209 - 06/06/17 07:11 AM

My personal feelings about AP aside, if you think the Cardinals owning that contract would be a good thing for them, you are delusional. It would not only have prevented the signing of several key players, it would have required you to play a cripple at first base. And since we don't have a DH, he would have actually been sitting 40-60 games a year or more. For all of Mo's issues right now, that is one very good non-signing. I simply can't see how having that albatross hanging around their neck is a good thing. Because he might bop 20 or 30 HR's a year?

Take down the AP Fathead poster, rework the AP shrine into something new and get over him. He's washed up and the Cardinals got 80% of what he had to give...

Oh, and this current team really only has a few holes they need to fill. The big issue is not talent. It is a culture of bad, sloppy, poor fundamental baseball. The coaches and the players have created this culture. And that kind of baseball ALWAYS loses more than it wins. Until the culture changes, the losing will continue... That is on Matheny far more than Mo. And rest assured, Mo does not have the authority to replace him. That call has to come from the top... MM is DeWitt's boy...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: sptsman]
      #255211 - 06/06/17 07:18 AM

What is a Fathead?? Who is Twitter???? It's too early for all this, I need some more Covfefe. Maybe Rhaybhus can bring me some.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #255212 - 06/06/17 07:32 AM

Fast forward to 2021 when you all will be having the same conversation about how terrible it was that Mo let the Cubs take Heyward from the Cardinals

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Cards....... [Re: dabs]
      #255213 - 06/06/17 08:23 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Fast forward to 2021 when you all will be having the same conversation about how terrible it was that Mo let the Cubs take Heyward from the Cardinals

Back off RyDabhus, in 2021 you boys out West will be trying to track down all three of the Royals fans who are still buying tickets to that circus act.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #255214 - 06/06/17 10:02 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Back off RyDabhus, in 2021 you boys out West will be trying to track down all three of the Royals fans who are still buying tickets to that circus act.

It always comes back to picking on the team that isn't supposed to be good.

I have caught a couple of segments of Cards games on MLB Network this year - crime in the area must have led to a curfew in the area....cause after about the 5th inning there is less attendance than any Royals game I have seen

I bet with Pujols and Heyward back though - the stands would be full....just sayin

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#255215 - 06/06/17 11:44 AM

the best act to take the field this year in STL was Metallica this past weekend..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: HAUS]
      #255218 - 06/06/17 03:31 PM

Dejong at short tonight. Huh.

Johnny P benched? omg. Huh.

Grichuk batting 200 in single A. Huh.

Heard rumor he was bangin another players wife. Huh. That's always a team moral booster. That tid bit came out of a south side pub so believe me, you can take it to the bank.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The ship is listing folks. Mikey Mike better wake the fork up.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255219 - 06/06/17 04:30 PM

I see the Royals bunch is unhappy with their Former Cardinals pickup. Someone was smoking crack while shooting heroin Between their toes to sign that MOFO.

You will NEVER hear me say the cards should have sign Heyward. Hell, the Cubs people hated him last year.........except he was a leader in the clubhouse. $25 million a year to be a cheerleader in the clubhouse and bat .220. Ya enjoy that Kool-Aid. The only reason Royals attendance is decent.........they have buy one get 5 free tickets with 50 cent beer

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255220 - 06/06/17 10:44 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
The only reason Royals attendance is decent.........they have buy one get 5 free tickets with 50 cent beer

Wait................what???

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #255221 - 06/07/17 07:04 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
The only reason Royals attendance is decent.........they have buy one get 5 free tickets with 50 cent beer

He googled it wrong -

New thing they are doing in the Rhaybhus section....called the 5 for 5 deal...buy five tickets, get five free tickets and your choice of 5 free Rhaybhus Wheat or Rhaybhus Light...your choice.

Exciting thing is you get to watch a come from behind win with a walk off home run......instead of watching your pitching staff give up 4 home runs and 10 rbi's to one player

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#255222 - 06/07/17 07:32 AM

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255223 - 06/07/17 07:57 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

He googled it wrong -

New thing they are doing in the Rhaybhus section....called the 5 for 5 deal...buy five tickets, get five free tickets and your choice of 5 free Rhaybhus Wheat or Rhaybhus Light...your choice.

Exciting thing is you get to watch a come from behind win with a walk off home run......instead of watching your pitching staff give up 4 home runs and 10 rbi's to one player

That happens when your manager is an idiot and challenges an out made......to keep one run off the board. Magic Mike forked that up. I guess he didn't have much faith in his offense, playing in a hitters ballpark against a pitching staff worse than his bullpen.

Hey should change the name of Busch stadium to Natural Light Stadium........to reflect the style of play on the field.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255228 - 06/08/17 07:50 AM

I see Cecil is still pitching so well........and Rosenpuke also. Maybe they should have gotten those two asshats plane tickets to Singke A Palm Beach with Grichuck. Cecil needs to just GO AWAY. I wonder if he KC boys needs another shitty reliever.

--------------------

last_stand

#255229 - 06/08/17 08:02 AM

Pretty sure the last 6 games were all lost after giving up the lead after 6 innings.

The Reds, mind you, are 21-1 with a lead after 6 innings.

As hard as it is for these players to pull out of this malaise on the field it's Matheney who continues to pull the obvious wrong levers at the most critical times.

I won't say it's over, not that, but right now man the whole thing pretty much looks like fido's butt to me.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9320

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page