CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Cards....... [Re: last_stand]
      #255488 - 07/22/17 06:23 AM

So we ship Gonzales off for the potentially big power kid O'neil. I can see that, but O'neil can't help right now.

Cards are clearly stacking up outfielders for some kind of trade. If we are buyers, it just about has to be for closer help. If we are sellers, who the fork knows.

What OF'ers are going? We just sent Sierra down, I guess he didn't run fast enough. Bader is ready to come up, right?
Grichuk, Pham, Piscotty........yep wouldn't shock me in the least if these goofs moved Pham as buyers or sellers.

We'll see what happens. Keep the kids...One or both of Grichuk / Piscotty should be dealt I just hope it isn't another give away like the Adams deal. This team needs a decent closer and a decent defense. If we had that we'd be 7-1 on this road trip.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#255490 - 07/22/17 01:00 PM

Trade Grichuck. Trade Wong. Release Ronsenpuke. TradeCecil. Find a 1st baseman. Find a closer. Get a slugging OF who isn't under contract for 150 million plus.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255499 - 07/25/17 03:06 PM

Grichuk now doing the amazing out of blue turnaround that has made him famous.

Grichuk, Fowler, Bader, Sierra, martinez, pham, Oneil, Piscotty and the whiz kid Marcado working his way up after making him an outfielder.

Good forkin grief they're stacked up there like a bus stop in front of a whore house.

Make the trade and this better be forkin good Mo.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#255503 - 07/25/17 09:04 PM

Keep DeJong... Trade DeWong...

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: HAUS]
      #255504 - 07/26/17 09:07 AM

I'm likin DeGone. Kid can jack it. Diaz may never see the Lou again, he is def good trade bait.

I just wanna know, we buyin or sellin?

Lynn may have pitched his last game for us too.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#255507 - 07/26/17 10:43 AM

if the bullpen wasn't such a chit show, they'd possibly be leading the division.

I don't see them catching the wild card teams in the west, so either they compete for the central by adding bullpen help or start selling.

it's refreshing to see the young guys (bader) get called up and bust their ass hustling on the field. too bad they eventually get comfortable and start half-assing it on the bases like the veterans.

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: HAUS]
      #255508 - 07/26/17 12:21 PM

Agree.

Looking at Pham, Bader, Martinez and Sierra then the Oneal kid who banged one for the Redbirds last night and Marcado in AA I'd shop Grichuk and Piscotty and who ever to get the big bat that's missing or find a guy who can close and make the run this year with that guy.

I don't trust Grichuk or Piscotty to be long term consistent. And for both their d is lacking anyway.

We are very much in this thing if we fix the d and the late inning pitching fiasco.

Not sure what they're doing with Lynn. This deadline is going to be very interesting, or it certainly should be anyway.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#255509 - 07/26/17 01:23 PM

You guys piss and moan, and critique and basically hate on the Cards , the Blues and if I remember correctly the Rams too. Can't wait for the beatdown of your new Cricket Team...LOL

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: Cards....... [Re: Bubba]
      #255512 - 07/26/17 01:50 PM

Dam!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#255513 - 07/26/17 01:51 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
You guys piss and moan, and critique and basically hate on the Cards , the Blues and if I remember correctly the Rams too. Can't wait for the beatdown of your new Cricket Team...LOL

dat b what libtards dew

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

#255514 - 07/26/17 03:31 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Your close.

We hate losing.

This affliction might come to you some day too bubba. Being a Braves fan as you are, it's gonna hurt really bad when it does.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#255517 - 07/27/17 08:45 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Agree.

Looking at Pham, Bader, Martinez and Sierra then the Oneal kid who banged one for the Redbirds last night and Marcado in AA I'd shop Grichuk and Piscotty and who ever to get the big bat that's missing or find a guy who can close and make the run this year with that guy.

I don't trust Grichuk or Piscotty to be long term consistent. And for both their d is lacking anyway.

We are very much in this thing if we fix the d and the late inning pitching fiasco.

Not sure what they're doing with Lynn. This deadline is going to be very interesting, or it certainly should be anyway.

Somebody needs to step up.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: griffin]
      #255519 - 07/27/17 03:45 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Agree.

Somebody needs to step up.

griffin

You got it.

Every Championship team gets it too.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255520 - 07/27/17 06:47 PM

I hear Mo and Matheny are at the Blues facility to see what a player. With heart looks like........so they can find the same in the redbird clubhouse.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: wuchang]
      #255610 - 08/09/17 05:10 PM

Cubs lose 2 of 3 to last place 35 games out Frisco.

Cubs lose. Life is good.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255645 - 08/11/17 09:41 PM

LS.......after watching these rookies, I wouldn't throw them a fastball ever. They can't hit a breaking ball to save their ass. DeJong can smoke a fast ball. 2 double tonight off fastballs. The breaking chit, not so much. Bastard swung at one last night that bounced 5 feet in front of the plate.
Breaking ball are why he has struck out twice as often as Diaz in the same time frame. Diaz should be back up in September, so we will see how hungry he is when he gets called back up. I'd still rather have his ass on the bench over Greg Garcia.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#255646 - 08/11/17 10:20 PM

The Cardigan's will suffer the same fate as the Blouse.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: griffin]
      #255648 - 08/11/17 11:12 PM

--------------------

last_stand

#255649 - 08/12/17 06:35 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
LS.......after watching these rookies, I wouldn't throw them a fastball ever. They can't hit a breaking ball to save their ass. DeJong can smoke a fast ball. 2 double tonight off fastballs. The breaking chit, not so much. Bastard swung at one last night that bounced 5 feet in front of the plate.
Breaking ball are why he has struck out twice as often as Diaz in the same time frame. Diaz should be back up in September, so we will see how hungry he is when he gets called back up. I'd still rather have his ass on the bench over Greg Garcia.

Well the kids going to have to wait until Sept to get up here as I see it. No way Matheney swaps out Garcia for Diaz as is right now. That vet thing but not sure Diaz deserves that either because he seems really stuck where he is no better than where he was. I like him and I think he's a player but he's got chit to fix.

Yep DaLong has a flaw and maybe it eats him up but for now he has the teams 2nd best OPS and 16 dingers in 240 AB's and clutch hitting doesn't seem to bother him. He's got decent range, decent arm and might be a top 15 defender at short.

We'll see how they adjust and how he reacts. A hanging curve goes just as far as a heater. I agree his challenge will be to hit for average will have to wait and see.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#255651 - 08/12/17 07:46 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Part of the Matheny game management genius

At our house it was worse than that. The wife does not cuss but when she saw Cecil in the game I thought she was going to start.

Since she doesn't....I do and I'm sure there was a blue cloud of profanity floating in the upper atmosphere last night and the air traffic controllers at Lambert were re-routing aircraft to avoid it.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: wuchang]
      #255652 - 08/12/17 10:42 PM

That be the first place Cardinals now. Old money is kicking it into gear.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255662 - 08/14/17 02:24 PM

HotLanta obviously didn't read the scouting report on DeJong. They kept firing fastball after fastball to him.

Lots of Cardinal players closing in on 20 HR season. We could 6-7 players with 20 bombs or More on the season. Pretty impressive, especially having Mabry as the hitting coach.

--------------------

last_stand

#255665 - 08/14/17 04:12 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
HotLanta obviously didn't read the scouting report on DeJong. They kept firing fastball after fastball to him.

Lots of Cardinal players closing in on 20 HR season. We could 6-7 players with 20 bombs or More on the season. Pretty impressive, especially having Mabry as the hitting coach.

2 days passed since you were harping on this and he has hit two more homers since. Only you can b1tch about a good player, let two days pass and watch him hit two more, then b1tch again that he can't hit a curve. What does this mean, he can't hit curve? Says who? You saying he's a wash out or what?

Ted Simmons says this kid is the real deal, he has zero doubt in his mind about how good a player he will be. And Ted Simmons knows everything he needs to know about this kid. He had 13 dingers in the minors this year and 17 up here since June 1.

He's what 23? He has a lot to learn, no doubt. But tell me the last time we had a midfielder come up the ranks with this kind of power?

I think between the two you picked the wrong horse dude. Don't expect you to admit it but at some point at least you need to LET IT GO and let the kid go and hit his homers. bwaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255667 - 08/14/17 07:31 PM

Dude............take the valium pills. DeJong has been a pleasant surprise. I hope the kids keeps it up, and he will be in the running for ROY
What I SINPLY STATED, before you went all bat hit postal with your manifesto............
Right now,...........currently..........at this point in his young career.........he can't hit a breaking ball, a curve ball, or a good slider. He is a fastball hitter, like the vast majority of all great AAA prospects. The ones that get to stay in the Majors.........learn to hit the off speed stuff. The Scouts learn after watching him.........not to throw him a fastball and put the adjustment on the hitter.

I'm not bitching about him hitting doubles and dingers.......he'll hit 40 of each every year. My comment was the Braves haven't seen him, Noe done their scouting on him. He can't hit the breaking ball. Any opposing manager should feed him a steady diet of off speed stuff, until he adjusts it gets sent back to AAA to figure it out.

Relax Francis. Unless he shows to be able to adjust or hit off speed stuff, he becomes a .250 guy with 15 HR a year. Scouts , managers, and catchers will figure it out. It's a matter of time. If dude adjusts he will do well. If not, well Diaz and him will be a great Tandem in Memphis.

--------------------

last_stand

#255673 - 08/15/17 04:04 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Dude............take the valium pills. DeJong has been a pleasant surprise. I hope the kids keeps it up, and he will be in the running for ROY
What I SINPLY STATED, before you went all bat hit postal with your manifesto............
Right now,...........currently..........at this point in his young career.........he can't hit a breaking ball, a curve ball, or a good slider. He is a fastball hitter, like the vast majority of all great AAA prospects. The ones that get to stay in the Majors.........learn to hit the off speed stuff. The Scouts learn after watching him.........not to throw him a fastball and put the adjustment on the hitter.

I'm not bitching about him hitting doubles and dingers.......he'll hit 40 of each every year. My comment was the Braves haven't seen him, Noe done their scouting on him. He can't hit the breaking ball. Any opposing manager should feed him a steady diet of off speed stuff, until he adjusts it gets sent back to AAA to figure it out.

Relax Francis. Unless he shows to be able to adjust or hit off speed stuff, he becomes a .250 guy with 15 HR a year. Scouts , managers, and catchers will figure it out. It's a matter of time. If dude adjusts he will do well. If not, well Diaz and him will be a great Tandem in Memphis.

Who besides you says he can't hit a curve ball?

He has a 1.5 runs above average hitting curve balls.

He is above run average on every pitch but the knuckler. He probably sees 4 of those a month.

He's a kid. Sure he hits more fast balls who doesn't but his biggest issue is swinging at balls vs strikes. He needs more patience. But he takes the cheese. He needs to fix that.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9320

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page