CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256468 - 12/22/17 07:38 AM

Worst loss of the year last night. They finally get 2 goals so what happens? The D lets them down.

Will this team rise again? As a Blues fan, there's only one answer for that.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#256469 - 12/22/17 07:53 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Will this team rise again? As a Blues fan, there's only one answer for that.

The answer is a resounding YES!! They will rise to a first or second round playoff exit and be golfing in May.

Sorry, not good enough anymore.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256471 - 12/23/17 07:14 AM

Again, this team isn't guaranteed anything. Nothing.

Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256472 - 12/23/17 03:54 PM

Yes, they are guaranteed to be watching the Stanley Cup Finals from home.....just like always.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256486 - 12/27/17 11:47 AM

The signing of a 4 year contract extension for Armstrong must have Griffin dayum near beside hisself with excitement... Or would that be Last Stand..or sptsman???

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256488 - 12/28/17 06:14 AM

I'm having a hard enough time watching my team not score.

There was no indication whatsoever beyond their intention to extend the guy. He squeaked out with the Schenn deal, imo.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256490 - 12/28/17 06:53 AM

14 losses........that's the REAL stat to be looking at in the standings in the era of 2 pts. for an OT win and 1 for a loss.

The Blouse is barely clinging to a playoff spot despite their inflated place in the standings due to more games played.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256492 - 12/28/17 01:13 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaa.......the "extra games" all came in one month and then some over other teams, hardly some advantage. Currently top ranked "injured" team, 4th in league overall. I'm sure that doesn't matter either.

They played a top 5 team last night and did everything but score. Plenty of chances. They did all the hard part. "Heart" has zero to do with it. They can't score and haven't scored since Schwartz went down, throwing the whole team out of whack. Tarasenko has scored 1 ES goal in the last 6 weeks.

It's Blues hockey dude. This is why you left them. I mean, this is why you said you left them. Or were going to leave them.

You seem mighty interested for someone not interested. No return, but you watch and post. No interest, but you watch and post. Not good enough, but you watch and post. Huh.

51 years and you can't walk away. All the get off my lawn yap but here you are still talkin Blues hockey.

You haven't gone any where and more confused than ever.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256495 - 12/28/17 07:57 PM

One more time you bonehead....I got rid of my seats and my support, not my TV. I'm a hockey fan, I'll watch it all....but I won't support 50 years of mediocrity any longer. If you want to hang your "this team has heart" hat on the fact that losing one player causes them to tank....well alrughty then.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256496 - 12/29/17 09:17 AM

And for the record, LS, they are 8th in the league.....and in the last 10 games, more that 25% of the season so far, they are 24th of 31 teams.

You're becoming delusional in your fanboy role.

griffin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#256499 - 12/29/17 10:14 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
You're becoming delusional in your fanboy role.

griffin

Damn.........

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: wuchang]
      #256500 - 12/29/17 10:20 AM

Delusional? I like the Blues. Win or lose. Good or bad. I will never turn on them.

Have fun with your season grumpy. Hope the Preds make you happy.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256501 - 12/29/17 11:38 AM

The first time I saw the Preds this year was when they beat the Blouse. I suppose I'll go see one of their games in January when I'm down at Vandy watching the boy run. Then I still plan to see a game in Columbus.....and REALLY can't wait for a team in Seattle since I'll have a daughter in college there.

I've still got plenty of money to spend on hockey.....but no way I support the Blouse with any of it.....they've gotten enough of it.

Win a cup and I'll reconsider.....and don't worry, I won't jump on the train if they ever do with the "I've been with them the whole way" routine.....I'll just get back on at the next stop. Until then......pffffft.....the team is just kind of a joke.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256503 - 12/29/17 09:55 PM

You've got to look at losses with the disparity in games played.....the standings mean nothing until all teams have played the same amount of games.

By losses, the Blouse is 18th in the league (29th in the last 10 games!!!) and on the bubble for a wild card spot in the West.

The shine is off......this team is settling in right where they belong....right where they always are. Good thing they gave Armstrong another 4 years.....where would they be without him????

Maybe a leader will "step up", huh?

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256504 - 12/30/17 06:47 AM

"Win a Cup and I'll reconsider"

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude, they don't need you now and sure the fork won't when or if they ever do win a Cup.

But for the umpteenth time, you go your way, I'll go mine.

Win or lose, Blue now, Blue forever. Yep.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256505 - 12/30/17 09:06 AM

Sure they do. They need every butt in a seat they can get. This is a small market. The problem is, like Cub fans, fans of the Blouse keep showing up for a mediocre product year after year. It needs to stop. A loyal fan base, for over 50 years, deserves better than the team that is put on the ice year after year......and this particular version is worse than most.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256506 - 12/31/17 07:11 AM

No, they don't. Team value nearly doubled in a years time. And the last fan they want is the one who would reconsider things if they win a cup. Good forkin grief.

Go Blue!

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #256507 - 12/31/17 10:41 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Sure they do. They need every butt in a seat they can get. This is a small market. The problem is, like Cub fans, fans of the Blouse keep showing up for a mediocre product year after year. It needs to stop. A loyal fan base, for over 50 years, deserves better than the team that is put on the ice year after year......and this particular version is worse than most.

griffin

N
E
W

M
O
N
E
Y
?
?

Surely not

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256508 - 12/31/17 12:28 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
No, they don't. Team value nearly doubled in a years time.

No.....not true, like most of the boooolchit you throw out:

"The Blues saw their annual valuation by Forbes climb from $270 million in 2015 to $310 million this year, a 14.8 percent bump to No. 23 out of NHL's 30 teams. The Blues have seen their valuation grow steadily over the last five years — in 2012, the Blues were valued at just $130 million.Dec 1, 2016"

I guess now you're going to tell me the value is $620 million??? (it's not BTW.....it's 450 mil)

This is just another reason to stop supporting the Blouse....where else can you put a mediocre product out for 50 years and gain value???

Much of that value gain the last 2 years has NOTHING to do with the team being a better product, it's just that the Rams leaving left entertainment money sitting for the Blouse to snatch up. There is no reason to believe they will spend any of it to improve the team.

Dude - the best player on the team right now is Berglund.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256509 - 12/31/17 12:40 PM

Here's another question to ponder while waiting for the value of the team to double in 2 weeks.

Will the Blouse stay with the goalie with the highest save percentage in hockey, or continue to ride the Allen head case roller coaster all the way to the first tee in April?

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256515 - 01/01/18 07:00 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
No, they don't. Team value nearly doubled in a years time.

No.....not true, like most of the boooolchit you throw out:

"The Blues saw their annual valuation by Forbes climb from $270 million in 2015 to $310 million this year, a 14.8 percent bump to No. 23 out of NHL's 30 teams. The Blues have seen their valuation grow steadily over the last five years — in 2012, the Blues were valued at just $130 million.Dec 1, 2016"

I guess now you're going to tell me the value is $620 million??? (it's not BTW.....it's 450 mil)

This is just another reason to stop supporting the Blouse....where else can you put a mediocre product out for 50 years and gain value???

Much of that value gain the last 2 years has NOTHING to do with the team being a better product, it's just that the Rams leaving left entertainment money sitting for the Blouse to snatch up. There is no reason to believe they will spend any of it to improve the team.

Dude - the best player on the team right now is Berglund.

1)And at $450 million value, they don't need you. You forgot that part.

2)Toronto, historically bad over the past 12 years tanking, has gained value quite nicely. Of course, they have rabid fans that stick.

3)The Blues spend to the cap, one of the small market teams that does so. Sorry, they do spend the money for players. They do need to put more money into their farm system. The current arrangement is hokey.

I know all their woes dude, all there propensities, all their history. I can criticize with the best of them. And I didn't predict a cup, or a division title, or anything for that matter.

They play Tuesday and here's to a win. Pretty simple. Same as it always was.

Go Blue!

--------------------

last_stand

#256516 - 01/01/18 07:08 AM

We'll see what Yeo does and how he goes. He really blew it Friday night putting him back in.

I guess Pekka is doin good huh? You should give us reports on your new team and how your return is going with all those great fans down there.

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256523 - 01/02/18 06:10 AM

I haven't really looked at, or followed, how Rinne is doing.....but yeah, without looking, you can win a cup with him. You can't win a cup with Allen.

And dude.....if you are going to defend Blouse management spending to the cap to get (and never be able to get rid of) players like Berglund, Statzny, Bouwmeester, etc.......then I don't think we can even have that discussion.......there's 20 million in boat anchors right there.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256524 - 01/02/18 09:06 AM

Again, confused. I said they spend close to the cap, with room for a deadline move. They spend for players. I did not comment on HOW/WHO they spend it on and no, for the 100th time, I don't like a number of the contracts on this team.

Go find your perfect SC team....bwaaaaaa.... or maybe what's better for you is to keep b1tchin about your old team. Have at it either way.

For me, It's always gonna be Blue. I know all the warts, all the flaws, all the mistakes so you can save your breadth. Good, bad, whatever, It's gonna be Blue.

I think you and I are settled. I am anyway.

To my Blue brothers....tonights a big one.......give Hut another shot.... change up that pathetic PP... and find the back of the net!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256525 - 01/02/18 11:11 AM

It's not about a perfect SC team.....IT'S ABOUT GOING ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS TO ACTUALLY WIN A CUP.

The Blouse have NEVER even been in contention. And don't pretend there has never been a team built to win the cup.....that's just preposterous.

BUT NOT THE BLOUSE. They don't need to worry about winning the Cup....they have you and people like you.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 411 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16322

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page