CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256526 - 01/02/18 11:13 AM

And dude.....THIS is what you wrote.

"3)The Blues spend to the cap, one of the small market teams that does so. Sorry, they do spend the money for players."

Again, if you are using that as a defense of management.....then I don'[t even know where to start.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256532 - 01/02/18 09:50 PM

When you lose the one player keeping the team afloat with scoring.......you hope Someone else steps up to the plate to be a leader and take charge. Someone with say some Heart...........kinda hard to do when the rest of the bench is on life support with what seems to be no heart, no passion, and no damn desire to win.

Spending $20 million on old shitty half washed up players and then praising management for spending up to the cap.........ya that’s some stupid thinking on both sides. A player is worth what someone is willing to pay, and a fool and his money always parts ways.

At the current pace, the Blouse miss the playoffs and will be practicing their golf swing by March, well before the season is over

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256535 - 01/03/18 06:26 AM

Oh no...the twins are back. bwaaaaaaaaaaa

Both of you need reading comp help. Jesus.

But I am settled. Just in time too.

Have some fun and B1tch away boys!

Go Blue!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256536 - 01/03/18 06:27 AM

Hut steals the game!

Mikey Mikey....fix the forkin PP!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256537 - 01/03/18 07:14 AM

Back to back wins and back to back games with 3 goals for the first time in nearly 2 weeks.

Dammit. Break out the Blues Stanley cup gear.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256561 - 01/05/18 06:21 AM

Hellofa game last night! Best since Nashville.

Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256568 - 01/06/18 09:41 PM

Hellofa game toda........oh, sorry.

Allen is done.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256570 - 01/07/18 11:15 PM

Remember the real standings......only 4 teams in the West have more losses than the Blouse, and every team has 2-4 games in hand.

This ain't gonna end well.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256576 - 01/09/18 09:32 PM

Geez.........keep playing Allen. 1-9 in his last 10 games.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256577 - 01/10/18 06:04 AM

WTF is Yeo thinking?

Worst decision of his tenure. Back to baby sitting.

No way this team will win if they can't play the 200' feet as a unit. They don't need to rest for a week they need to think for a week.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256578 - 01/10/18 07:34 AM

Yeo better wake the fork up. I don't know if you've crunched the numbers, but if the Blues sat idle and waited for the rest of the league to catch up to their 46 games played, and the rest of the teams won/lost record for for those games in hand match their percentage so far this year.......the Blues are on the bubble for a wild card spot......forget a division playoff spot.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256586 - 01/11/18 07:15 AM

Army is probably influencing his moves but no excuse for it.

Decisions on Allen, Jbo staying on top line, allowing Tarasenko and others to keep their position/toi on the club without 100% effort all falls on Yeo. Truth is when Dunn comes back Jbo should sit. Ain't gonna happen.

And that same forking power play nonsense over and over.

That decision to start Allen Tuesday was totally deflating. Yeo can read the standings and games and see where this division is going but Yeo ain't where he needs to be, that's clear to me.

It's Blues hockey, good thing you've left them.

Me....I got a headache. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#256592 - 01/11/18 12:01 PM

PD said Blues were "lackadaisical"

lack·a·dai·si·cal

adjective

lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.

"a lackadaisical defense left the Spurs adrift in the second half"

synonyms:lethargic, apathetic, listless, sluggish, spiritless, passionless; careless, lazy, lax, unenthusiastic, halfhearted, lukewarm, indifferent, unconcerned, casual, offhand, blasé, insouciant, relaxed; informal laid-back, easygoing, couldn't-care-less
"I was lackadaisical about my training"

Must be the Post Dispatch way of saying they have NO heart???

and that means no Stanley Cup eh??

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: wuchang]
      #256593 - 01/11/18 04:26 PM

This team, as it sits, with the current player "leadership" will NEVER win anything. Been saying it all year and will continue until the likes of Statzny, Steen, Berglund, Allen, Bouwmeester, etc. are gone! This is a team built around high dollar contract players that NOBODY else wanted and still don't want.

--------------------

last_stand

#256594 - 01/12/18 05:54 AM

If they are not going to scratch or bench or take away ice time, I'd just soon they clear the culprits come trade deadline. They might have to do a Lehtera type incentive deal but try to move some of those contracts right now.

We'd be sellers all right, sellers who improve by subtraction alone.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256603 - 01/13/18 06:29 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
If they are not going to scratch or bench or take away ice time, I'd just soon they clear the culprits come trade deadline. They might have to do a Lehtera type incentive deal but try to move some of those contracts right now.

We'd be sellers all right, sellers who improve by subtraction alone.

100% agreement.

You and I are not far apart, I just can't accept this any more. I can't spend my money to support it.

I really think that the problem is they can't get rid of these guys.....who wants them and their contracts?

Army did this....and he got an extension. It's just boneheaded wrong.

I'm a Blues fan and always will be.....but not this version. The current veteran player "leadership" just sucks the life out of this team.....and leaves them with no heart.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#256605 - 01/14/18 08:17 AM

The issue is they have no heart and soul. These guys just don't care and they know it pisses off griffin, so they try even less...

They really only have a few bad contracts and we all mostly agree on the top one or two. It is my position that this team was flying high and winning when they were flying. When you get "veterans" back that do not play the fast-pace, up-tempo game they were winning with, the overall team speed goes down. Then you give those slugs 20+ mins of ice time each game??? Your going to get beat in today's NHL, if you don't play with speed and every player playing all 200'. If anyone watched the Vegas game at home, you saw what playing with pace means. They beat the best team in the Western Conf. by simply playing with speed and an up-tempo style. You can't do that with players that don't have or won't play with speed.

They will play better than .500 in the second half and make the playoffs. The playoffs are all about peaking at the right time and having a goalie that can play good enough to win. Allen should have his annual headworms cleared by then...

Go Blues or Predators or whoever you give your money to!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256606 - 01/14/18 10:17 AM

Sptsman this team is not a given to make anything.

There are just a couple of huge and valid reasons why they might not make the play offs and then there are 3-4 additional reasons that griffin is on to.

The valid? The loss of Schwartz and the huge impact up and down the lines as a result. It was Schwartz who literally dictated the pace of the front lines, including forcing Tarasenko to play 200' and also allowing Schenn to be the best center he can be. He went beyond that too, a 5-10 dynamo winger who should have probably had the C on his sweater. Secondly, this conference and division is pure murder. Pretty much top to bottom. There is not a team in the central that I can't count out of the playoffs.

The other problems can, imo, be at least addressed if Yeo and Army have the inclination to do so. I put all this on them.

You play your best goalie, friggin period.

You play your best blue line and you put your best lines together when you do it. Talking Jbo but Petro needs to get his head out of his azz as of late here too.

You fix your crappy, horrid PP come hell or high water by now.

You exercise your right to bench, scratch, limit, pull, demote ANY player on that team that hurts the system they need to win. Period. Bring up an unprepared Thomas or a raw Kostin if you have to but make the point it's the system or it's the bench and this system requires 100% from everybody, like the October/November hockey we saw.

As for the big 4 that griffin hates I get it but I don't think it's about heart more about now aging bad contracts and slower players and giving them more on the ice than what they deserve for the sake of those contracts. More than anyone, these guys and throw in Tarasenko too need a message sent to get the last drop from them or let some new blood come in and do it for them.

I am not opposed to moving any of those 4 at this trade deadline either. I think they should move who they can and might be better to make do with what they have like earlier this year.

My team is in a funk and falling back into familiar territory. At this point I see THE major part of any possible turnaround being up to Yeo and how he deals with what ails this team and motivation is the biggest factor I can see to do it.

I don't want to see Army dealing our prospects at deadline for 30 point 30 year old guys to make a push. We should sell what we can then make the most of it this spring and hold on to what looks like a near term solid future to fill the holes.

This team is not done yet. But if they want to get back in it, they have to go the new way. The old way won't work.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256607 - 01/14/18 10:56 AM

I called for dismantling the "core" of this team at the start of the season and I still do.

It's time to rebuild and bring up the talent in the organization. I can handle a year or two out of the playoffs in exchange for a real shot at a cup.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256617 - 01/15/18 10:11 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

As for the big 4 that griffin hates I get it but I don't think it's about heart more about now aging bad contracts and slower players and giving them more on the ice than what they deserve for the sake of those contracts.

DUDE!!!!

That group was ALWAYS a batch of crap that nobody else wanted because they recognized that you can't win with them......no heart, no leadership.

They have ALWAYS been that way for the Blouse (and every team they played for).....and now you want to blame it on "aging bad contracts". NO!!! They were never what the Blouse sold them as......never.

That group has got to go.....a fire sale is in order.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256621 - 01/16/18 09:34 AM

The no heart thing are just words of opinion. You have yours, I have mine.

Jbo doesn't show any urgency on the ice, but he WAS one of hockeys best skaters, period. He gropes, he poke checks, he smothers...........not your style I get that not mine either but it has ZERO to do with heart. He played for Canada's last Olympic team, the Gold one, so that put him as a top 6 skater recently for the best country in hockey. You don't do that without "heart".
He as slowed, he has aged.

Steen has, for the better part of his career, had more heart or same heart as any other Blue. 2 years ago he was considered one of the top 3 two way players in the league. Injuries have killed him. He is hurt now, slower now and aging as we speak. He may have more yet to give this year, we shall see. Re signing him was a monster mistake.

Stasny was just a bad contract, a bad signing. No where near a 7 million dollar guy. He's good at things, he has heart dude, he's just not near good enough for the ice time he gets or the money he makes. Blues have been choking at this position for years. Right now, he is our best face off guy hands down. Talent and ability and heart are all different things.

Berglund is Berglund. I'll agree with you on that.

And I agree these guys are clogging up the show and in many ways hampering the progress we could be having. Time for changes, past time actually.

Armstrong should be selling. Again, I don't think it will hurt this team now and it is needed to make the team better to unblock for some guys that are close to ready. The Thomas kid may be the center this team has been looking for the last 10 years.

I see what I see. I got opinions on what Armstrong should do. But dude, as a fan, if they are a Blue, I'm gonna cheer for a win every night.

--------------------

last_stand

#256624 - 01/17/18 05:29 AM

Just curious.......for those who follow......in your wildest dreams.........can anyone imagine Jbo doing what Vince Dunn did last night??

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey Mike! Pay attention now.....and think of your crappy PP when you do.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256627 - 01/17/18 05:12 PM

Sure! 6 to 8 years ago.. well maybe.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256629 - 01/18/18 11:19 AM

If ever there was an opportunity to score a few goals and pick up 2 points, it would be against Ottawa tonight. They have a goal differential of -32 and are below .500. Gotta take advantage...

If the Blues win tonight, they are back at the top of the Division and 2 points out of the #1 spot in the Western Conf. If a person were to read this thread he would either think last stand and griffin are drunk or they have standards that are ridiculous... Why would anyone think they wouldn't play .500 or better hockey, in the 2nd half?

Go Blues or Predators or whoever you like this month!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

jsr

Loc: Mo

Current High Scores in:
Monkey Diving
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256631 - 01/18/18 09:25 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
If a person were to read this thread he would either think last stand and griffin are drunk or they have standards that are ridiculous

Been following this for awhile and YES I think they are drunk. I know I am, but still laughing at all this up and down.

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16328

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page