CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256772 - 02/21/18 03:17 PM

Times of turmoil in Blues land. Familiar territory.

Peace to all my Blues Brothers.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256773 - 02/22/18 07:21 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Times of turmoil in Blues land. Familiar territory.

Peace to all my Blues Brothers.

Thread killer!!!! 24 hours without a “Blouse” post.

Where is the Post going to get its material for today

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: dabs]
      #256774 - 02/23/18 02:16 PM

The Post?? While it is unwriten that they at least try and act like they aren't homers-- they are

The Post lost the only real sports writer (Bernie Miklasz)they had to 101sports.com

The Blues Must Stop the Skid and Show Us That They Care
By Bernie Miklasz
February 23, 2018 9:30 am

Short of using an actual cattle prod to jolt his players out of their catatonic state, Blues coach Mike Yeo keeps trying various motivational methods to get the boys moving.

He did the Herb Brooks bag-skate punishment.

He made the players sit at their lockers like petulant brats to face the media after a hideous home loss.

Coach tried canceling a practice to convene a big, big, big, big team meeting.

Then he sent the players home. I am unable to confirm that he ordered them to bed without eating their supper.

Welcome to Ken Hitchcock’s world, Yeo.

Yeo is the latest Blues coach to fly over the cuckoos nest.

Forget the Stanley Cup. If there was a massive trophy awarded to the NHL team that excels at the task of making a coach go insane until he cracks, gets fired or both … well, the Blues would be a dynasty. They’d win the Poison Cup on a regular basis.

Yeo is irate and frustrated and increasingly unable to withhold his criticism of a maddening team.

Yeo doesn’t seem to know what to do.

Don’t taze them, Yeo.

After losing four in a row and , it’s time for the Blues to make a decision.

They have two choices:

1. Flip the script, turn their season around, and earn respect.

2. Or flop.

As Yeo told reporters after Thursday’s practice, “Now it’s between the ears.”

It’s always between the ears with these guys.

The Independent Contractors work on their own schedule.

Let’s hope they don’t take Friday night off. Not with Winnipeg cruising into the Scottrade Center, looking to put another loss on the Blues, and make Yeo blue in the face.

“It’s going to come through our play,” Yeo said. “What matters right now is everybody understands the situation that we’re in … now it’s about us making sure that we come together as a group and rebuilding the trust in our game and understanding that they we go out and do things the right way shift after shift, man after man — we’re going to get the results that we’re looking for.”

Here’s the situation that Yeo speaks of:

— In their last 30 games the Blues are 13-15-2, with a .467 winning percentage that ranks 20th in the 31-team league.

— They’ve scored a pathetic average of 2.27 goals per contest while skating into this 30-game rut. That’s the worst scoring average in the NHL since Dec. 11. Vladimir Tarasenko and Alexander Steen each have 10 goals in the 30 games, and that’s tied for 51st among NHL players since Dec. 11.

— The Blues’ shooting percentage over the last 30 games is 7.0 percent, worst among Western Conference teams. The power play is malfunctioning with a failure rate of just under 84 percent; that ranks 29th since Dec. 11.

— The return of Jaden Schwartz from a fractured ankle was touted as a panacea for all that ailed the Blues. But in his 11 games the Blues have muddled along to a 5-5-1 record … with a minor uptick in offense to 2.54 goals per game.

— This must be said: When Yeo coached Minnesota from the start of the 2011 season until his dismissal 55 games into the 2015-16 campaign, the most significant knock against him was a dull offense. The Wild were 27th in goals per game (2.42) and 25th in power-play success (16.7%) during Yeo’s term as coach. The Wild never finished better than 12th in goals. In other seasons they ranked anywhere from 21st to 30th. Same with the power play. The best showing in a season was a No. 16 ranking in PP success rate (that happened in two seasons.) Otherwise Minnesota was 23rd and 27th (twice.) Not good.

— According to SportsClubStats the Blues’ probability of making the playoffs has dropped to 58.2 percent as the weekend begins.

The Blues (34-23-2) are down to 21 regular-season games. The threat of becoming the first Blues team to miss the playoffs since 2011 should get the engines started. And looking at the numbers at SportsClubStats, if the Blues can go 11-6-4 in their final 21 games, they’d have a 93.7 percent chance of getting into the tournament. A 13-7-1 record improves their postseason chances to 98.2 percent.

The most critical phase of the season begins … now.

Starting with Winnipeg, the Blues confront an eight-game stretch that includes six road games. And as you can see, none are pleasure trips: at Nashville, Minnesota, Dallas, San Jose, Los Angeles and Anaheim.

Including Friday’s home game vs. Winnipeg, the Blues must collect as many points as possible in six games against teams that have no worse than a 74.1% chance of being in the playoffs. And a seventh, Anaheim, has a playoff probability of 63.4 percent. There’s also a home game — the first one back from the West Coast trip — against Colorado, which has a 38% shot at postseason hockey.

Time to make a decision, fellows.

It’s your call.

Maybe even the last call.

Thanks for reading …

— Bernie

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: wuchang]
      #256775 - 02/24/18 07:08 AM

It was a great start last night, as usual.

Then Winnie scored and the game was over.

I suggest Yeo read to them the story of Lazarus. It's the only way out for this team.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256776 - 02/24/18 05:31 PM

This team has no heart..NONE!
Who is wearing the C?????

Bring back Elliot!!

They'll not get one red cent of my support!!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256777 - 02/24/18 06:50 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Bring back Elliot!!

I don't blame you.....now 15th in the league, and judging from the loss column.....remember the LOSS column???.....they've still got a few more places to fall....and that's not counting the fact that they currently sit OUTSIDE the last playoff spot in the West.

I will say this though, after reading Bernie's column that Wu posted....they sure played with some urgency and purpose last night.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#256778 - 02/25/18 05:13 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

Bring back Elliot!!

I don't blame you.....now 15th in the league, and judging from the loss column.....remember the LOSS column???.....they've still got a few more places to fall....and that's not counting the fact that they currently sit OUTSIDE the last playoff spot in the West.

I will say this though, after reading Bernie's column that Wu posted....they sure played with some urgency and purpose last night.

griffin

I guess there ain't no steppers on that team

John Wick wouldn't even need a pencil to kill that bunch

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: wuchang]
      #256779 - 02/25/18 06:49 AM

With Eddie and Bortz out that blue line looks more like playdough. Allens a joke.

Nashville and Minnie up next and both licking their chops. It's a Lazarus miracle or soon it's over.

Find some suckers and sell.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256780 - 02/25/18 01:11 PM

I just have to say it. The urgency, grit, and pure heart this team is showing when their season is on the brink is just unbelievable. I've never seen so many players step up to keep them in the hunt. These latest efforts against Winnipeg and Nashville show just how determined they are!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256782 - 02/26/18 11:22 AM

Goodbye Paul Stastny.Sent to the Jets for a forward prospect, a 1st and a fourth rounder. Blues are still eating half of his salary for the rest of the year. All things considered I think this was better than I thought they'd get. Is this start of the sell off Griffin has been asking for??? Now if someone will please take Berglund.. and Bouwmeester..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256783 - 02/26/18 11:46 AM

1 down.

4 to go.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#256784 - 02/26/18 12:19 PM

Have any of you watched any NBA games lately? My oldest is 15 and got interested in it last year. I haven't watched any games since the mid 90's.

What a joke that sport has become. Zero down low game. Just run and chuck 200 shots from 3 pt land, no offensive rebounding and no foul calls. I won't even get in to the toughness of then players themselves compared to players of olden days..

Anyway, you all should watch some of that and then come back to hockey.. I think you'll appreciate it a bit more. For me, I may be gaining points as a dad, but I had to have the wife hide the pistols for fear of ending my life..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256785 - 02/26/18 03:45 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Goodbye Paul Stastny.Sent to the Jets for a forward prospect, a 1st and a fourth rounder. Blues are still eating half of his salary for the rest of the year. All things considered I think this was better than I thought they'd get. Is this start of the sell off Griffin has been asking for??? Now if someone will please take Berglund.. and Bouwmeester..

Not a bad deal......they're going to have to eat some salary this year to dump this dead weight, and that's the price for all of these stupid contracts.

Good riddance......keep it going!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: HAUS]
      #256786 - 02/26/18 04:07 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Have any of you watched any NBA games lately? My oldest is 15 and got interested in it last year. I haven't watched any games since the mid 90's.

What a joke that sport has become. Zero down low game. Just run and chuck 200 shots from 3 pt land, no offensive rebounding and no foul calls. I won't even get in to the toughness of then players themselves compared to players of olden days..

Anyway, you all should watch some of that and then come back to hockey.. I think you'll appreciate it a bit more. For me, I may be gaining points as a dad, but I had to have the wife hide the pistols for fear of ending my life..

No, just no!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256787 - 02/26/18 08:55 PM

Now 16th in the league.....looking at the L column I'd say they will settle in at about 19th, and well out of the playoffs. (if you go back and look, this was plainly evident 6 weeks ago as they sat in 3rd-5th spot, with nearly all other teams with 4-6 games in hand)

Numbers.....they mean something.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256791 - 02/27/18 10:07 PM

I like the heart they showed in tonights loss to the Wild. I thought it was the baseball score for a second.

This team is a coat hanger abortion in the back seat of a caddy in Spanish Harlem.....on Mother's Day.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256792 - 02/27/18 10:26 PM

I don't think you've been paying attention, dog.....these are professional athletes who go out every night and play their guts out....one thing they are NOT missing is heart!!

Outscored 16-3 in the 3 games since it was "time to right the ship". bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

Now 17th place in the league!

AGAIN, this is the worst Blues team to ever lace up skates.....just no life, no leadership, no desire, no heart.

Go BLOUSE!!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256793 - 02/28/18 05:56 AM

They got hearts they're just not beating right now.

Down 2-1 and on the pk when they should have been up 1-0 and Jbo sends a 150 footer out of the rink.

52 years is a long time but yep.....not sure I've seen anything quite like this chit show right now.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256805 - 03/01/18 08:56 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
They got hearts they're just not beating right now.

Down 2-1 and on the pk when they should have been up 1-0 and Jbo sends a 150 footer out of the rink.

52 years is a long time but yep.....not sure I've seen anything quite like this chit show right now.

I knew you would eventually come around to our thinking. I just wanna see you type those bastards have no heart...........before you shoot the computer for agreeing with us.

Of course if you do that you won’t be able to see me telling your DeJong Still can’t hit a breaking ball after spending all winter trying to learn.

--------------------

last_stand

#256807 - 03/02/18 09:12 AM

Unlike you two I have zero problem admitting when wrong. Like you and Dejong.

Do the Blues have problem contracts? Absolutely. I never picked them to go deep, I saw that in July.

BTW I'm still rooting for that TEAM and most of the players. Always will, too.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256810 - 03/02/18 08:20 PM

I'm not wrong about DeJong. The kid like most MLB players can hit the fastball. He struggles with the Breaking stuff and the high stuff or inside stuff. Its not too hard to figure out where to pitch him. He likes a fast ball over the plate and belt high. Who the fork doesn't like it there. Low he likes but, its gotta be middle to outside.

Good teams figured him out. The shitty ones didn't. Good pitchers figured him out. The shitty ones didn't. He performed way better than I thought, but he better learn to hit the breaking balls and develop some hitting besides over the heart of the plate.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256811 - 03/04/18 04:27 PM

Nobody gives a crap about the cardinals...take this baseball shite to the proper forum. Yall can determine the smartest baseball know it all there.

I'm riveted in on how to help tha Blue..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256812 - 03/04/18 05:46 PM

bwaaaaaaaaaa.............Dawg confirms himself the smartest no matter the forum Bub.....but you already know that.

--------------------

last_stand

#256813 - 03/04/18 05:54 PM

Gotta say............and it takes some hard medicine to say it.......but I'm down with Griff on Petro.

Not sure if any of you actually watch the Blues in Dallas but Saturdays game pretty much seals the deal for me.

I'm up for trading Petro for the RIGHT RETURN. He IS a good defenseman, he has a lot of talent and ability, but unless he goes through some kind of high powered transformation, he doesn't belong in STl on this particular team and no way does he deserve to wear a C. There's places for him, but here and now is no longer the right place.

Never been this low as a Blues fan, and there's been plenty to be low about in the past 5 decades, but it is what it is.

Go Blues. Get the house in order. Bring us the Cup.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256814 - 03/05/18 05:39 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Gotta say............and it takes some hard medicine to say it.......but I'm down with Griff on Petro.

Not sure if any of you actually watch the Blues in Dallas but Saturdays game pretty much seals the deal for me.

I'm up for trading Petro for the RIGHT RETURN. He IS a good defenseman, he has a lot of talent and ability, but unless he goes through some kind of high powered transformation, he doesn't belong in STl on this particular team and no way does he deserve to wear a C. There's places for him, but here and now is no longer the right place.

Never been this low as a Blues fan, and there's been plenty to be low about in the past 5 decades, but it is what it is.

Go Blues. Get the house in order. Bring us the Cup.

Yeah, it is what it is. Petro can't lead this team.....and I doubt he's cut out for the C on any team. I agree that he has some major value in a trade and the Blues organization should take advantage of it.

Petro, Steen, Berglund, Allen, Bowmeester.......all need to be sent packing. If Tarasenko doesn't get his head together he can be shipped out for a scorer who isn't a good fit for their team too.

Right now I'm not loyal to ANY of the current players.....if the right deal can be made, move them out. I'd like to see a team on the ice next year that I don't even recognize except for the Blue Note on their sweater. This version is terrible.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16303

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page