CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256102 - 10/20/17 09:51 PM

Now the league has stated that the goal that was waved off against Colorado in the 3rd period (that would have made it 4-4) should have counted. Apparently that offside could not be reviewed since it did not immediately precede the goal. The offside was not called, but then the Colorado player came back outside the blue line, to put himself onside, prior to the goal, so it should have counted. More NHL rules/officiating weirdness for sure.....garage league stuff.

So the Blouse gets the extra point for the win on a bad call......and I'll take it since you get screwed by the officiating just as often.

Still....that 6-2 record on 2 overtime wins and a bad call (along with the goals for and goals against stats) puts the start in another perspective. They could very easily be 3-2-3, which is probably closer to where they are right now.

Again, I'll take 6-2, but the #1 record in the conference is not really indicative of where they are.

This team has a lot of work to do in order to be a contender....and anything less at this point is not good enough.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

#256103 - 10/21/17 07:36 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Now the league has stated that the goal that was waved off against Colorado in the 3rd period (that would have made it 4-4) should have counted. Apparently that offside could not be reviewed since it did not immediately precede the goal. The offside was not called, but then the Colorado player came back outside the blue line, to put himself onside, prior to the goal, so it should have counted. More NHL rules/officiating weirdness for sure.....garage league stuff.

So the Blouse gets the extra point for the win on a bad call......and I'll take it since you get screwed by the officiating just as often.

Still....that 6-2 record on 2 overtime wins and a bad call (along with the goals for and goals against stats) puts the start in another perspective. They could very easily be 3-2-3, which is probably closer to where they are right now.

Again, I'll take 6-2, but the #1 record in the conference is not really indicative of where they are.

This team has a lot of work to do in order to be a contender....and anything less at this point is not good enough.

griffin

Dude, we're 8 games in... Every team in the NHL has a lot of work to do to be a contender. Every team has weaknesses and flaws. Every team has roster holes. Right now it appears the Blues excellent GM has put together the right combination of players to win. We'll see how it gels (or doesn't) over the next 40+ games and we'll know a lot more. Enjoy the ride. We've already forgotten all the stupid chit you said...

For now, they're 6-2 and have put themselves in a pretty good position, should they hit a rough patch. Normally, this Vegas game would be a welcome "easy" game with an expansion team. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell them they are supposed to be chitty...

Go Blue!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256104 - 10/21/17 01:54 PM

Keep drinking that koolaid for that excellent GM and right combination.

Dude - at this rate, you'll die swearing the last year you're alive is gonna be the one they win it all.

Wear Blouse!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#256105 - 10/21/17 02:49 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Big home game, and win, on Wed. night, then travel to Colorado to play at altitude less than 24 hours later. That's a tall order this early in the season. I don't know when I've seen a team just stand around as much as the Note did, from the Colorado power play near the end of the 2nd, through the 3rd period. That was a gassed hockey team.

So...........nice win for them. That's 2 pts. they probably couldn't have counted on.

It's a long season, but the first 1/10th has been good. Time will tell.

It's curious, the Blues goaltending has been good, but only two teams in the conference have allowed more goals. Then again, only one team has scored more.

I don't know about that formula for future success.....that likely won't be a winner in the long term. Then again, I don't remember a Blues team who's defensemen pushed up ice as much as they are doing under Yeo. We'll see.

griffin

It's a good thing your real self posted up 24 hours after this one, for a while there here I thought you were making some sense.

You have stupidly put yourself in this box because you hate Armstrong, you claim no heart team and no way anybody steps up.

So how in the fork can you be so conflicted about what this team is inside that pea brain of yours? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They fail and you win. Have fun with that. But it's a chit way to run a railroad.

And yeah, there has been some smoke and mirrors getting the 12 points. Specially without 5 starters. Dunn and Blais and others have stepped up nicely, but still need more from the bottom six.

This team has a long way to go before we really know who they are. But I see a lot of heart out there.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256106 - 10/21/17 04:36 PM

Really? You call 8 hits in a game heart? You call your #1 getting ran, and nobody fights, heart? Like I said, I'm open to this team at this point......but that's mostly because I LOVE hockey where the defensemen rush. But I don't yet know if this team is fast enough to pull that off......likely not....which is why the goals for/goals against disparity exists.

I think this is a competent team.....the #1 team in the West? No damn way. A cup contender.....not even close. This team is nowhere near tough enough. Call it heart, call it toughness, call it a strawberry daiquiri....I don't care....they don't have it. You can't win without it.

At this point, after 50 years of being a die hard fan....I'm only interested in one win.....the rest of that chit is just Andy and you snorting powdered koolaid off each other's asses.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256107 - 10/22/17 07:45 AM

ok, finally down to the brass tacks.

No chance, no contender, they don't have it and you ain't on board until they do.

The world is right again. Let's keep it there.

And for our readers here who might still be interested in cheering them on:

1) imo the biggest issue with the present scoring disparity is horrible PK and PP execution.

2)Yeo's system is up tempo and comes with risks. He obviously thinks it's the Blues best shot and I could give a fork if we aren't a Cup contender in October as they work with it. They play in the hardest division in hockey.

3)This team has a long way to go. Lots of chit might catch up with them. The odds are more than not with them. Got that. And I plan to ride along with 'em, in spite of the worst sports officiating in the world.

4)Go Blue

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256108 - 10/22/17 12:04 PM

Oh, I'm still interested in cheering them on.....but if Yeo is the man, and his system is the plan, then Armstrong has to get the horses. I don't think the Blouse, as they sit, are fast enough to play Yeo's system without getting burned.. ....especially as the season wears on.

So.....the team's not fast enough, not tough enough, and don't have enough scorers.

I'm glad you don't care about October.....because this will likely be as good as it gets.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256109 - 10/22/17 02:11 PM

Again, as I said before, not going to argue with a lot of your comments some hold water. I definitely do differ with the walking away thing. I don't get it and imo they, the players, don't deserve that. Your call so have at it. But going from Hitch's system to this one it seems logical all the "horses" are not going to be in place. Playing in this division and conference it seems logical it's going to be a bear to be on top. So for starting out, I don't see much to b1tch about just yet. And I give a chit about October points but dam right I want their best for April.

Right now they need to fix the PP and PK and have Allen play well and get the bottom six scoring and no more injuries. That's all. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And somebody tell Parayako, one of my favs, his sophomore slump year is over. He's got the tools to be a top D man but the guy has to start to use them properly.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256110 - 10/22/17 05:53 PM

Well , I for one call it a strawberry daiquiri. Yall need to both lighten up , we have until May 2018 before this bullshit is over and done!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256114 - 10/23/17 06:25 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I definitely do differ with the walking away thing. I don't get it and imo they, the players, don't deserve that.

Oh come on.....they get paid to produce. I don't want to hear about how they now have to change from Hitch's system to Yeo's or whatever. They ended up being mostly a bunch of whiners under Hitch and it remains to be seen what they'll become under Yeo.....but they just need to do their jobs to the very best of their ability.....just like the rest of us. If they can't get the job done then get 'em out of here. I'm not supporting mediocrity anymore.

There is plenty of hockey to watch these days with modern TV so I don't need to be tied to, and monetarily support, middle of the road hockey.

I'll always be a hockey fan. My daughters have become Predator fans so a couple of trips to Nashville will get my hockey money this year. Going to try to catch the Pens and maybe the Vegas team.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256116 - 10/23/17 09:02 AM

You don't like whiners and you're going to give your hockey money to the Preds?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256117 - 10/23/17 12:11 PM

I don't care either way about the Preds. I like the city of Nashville though, and I like seeing the Penguins, and want to see the expansion club. I'm just not giving a single penny to St. Louis Blouse hockey under the current management/roster.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256121 - 10/23/17 04:55 PM

bwaaaaaaaaaaa...........dude I get it. I think. Well, I had it the other day anyway. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nashvilles a cool town. Fork the Preds.

--------------------

sptsman

#256125 - 10/24/17 07:29 AM

I was at the first Preds vs. Blues game in Nashville all those years ago (1998 I thunk). A friend worked at Service Merchandise WHQ and we scored on some really good tickets. It was pretty comical actually. Most of the fans didn't have a clue what was going on. They cheered on more than one occasion when the Preds iced the puck and were completely lost with regards to the rules like icing, offsides, and the two-line pass (now legal). And of course the NHL officiating was only slightly better back then, so they really had a hard time understanding what constituted slashing and hooking and interference and boarding, etc... and what didn't. I had to tell a few I was helping understand the rules, "Sorry, I can't help you with those. But wait until late in the 3rd period and you'll really get confused, if the game is close...).

Was also in Nashville last week for a few nights, for work. Was going to try to catch a game but was a day late for the Avs game and the Flyers game was in Philly... Those fans are really pretty good. They support their team and for what they lack in hockey IQ they make up for with enthusiasm. And they have a lot more hockey sense these days than they did when they started there...

If I were going to go all Walt Kowalski on the Blues and forsake them, like griffin, I could root for the Preds. But I'm not traitor like that...

Go Blue!!

--------------------

last_stand

#256136 - 10/24/17 04:00 PM

Jump on the Pred bandwagon like everybody else are in Nashville. Classic.

No doubt you would root for them as second choice, they whine and dive better than any soccer team in the world.

Fork the Preds.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256144 - 10/24/17 04:54 PM

Why do you hate country music?

--------------------

last_stand

#256145 - 10/24/17 05:31 PM

Kerry Underwood sucks.

What else you got?

Fork the Preds

--------------------

Edited by last_stand (10/24/17 05:31 PM)

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256146 - 10/24/17 05:44 PM

Damn dude.....Nashville wipes out the gutless losers you keep supporting and next thing you know you hate fried chicken and Robert E. Lee.

Maybe the Blouse can turn it around and beat them this year. I hope they do.....but you know you ain't confident they will.

That's what happens when you throw your support to a team with no heart blindly.

The only credit I give the Blouse is not protecting the most gutless of the bunch in the expansion draft......you know, your boy.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256151 - 10/25/17 05:38 AM

Yeah, we all make mistakes some times, like wanting to trade Petro or getting so upside down wanting to go watch the Preds at their home ice to see real hockey.

I might be blind as a bat but at least I got a good brain.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Say hey to Kerry for me. She's got some good tips to help you jump on their wagon as if you were always there. bwaaaa

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#256153 - 10/25/17 08:57 AM

it's good to see two Irishmen going at it..

this helps get thru the winter for me..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256155 - 10/25/17 09:13 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Yeah, we all make mistakes some times, like wanting to trade Petro or getting so upside down wanting to go watch the Preds at their home ice to see real hockey.

I might be blind as a bat but at least I got a good brain.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Say hey to Kerry for me. She's got some good tips to help you jump on their wagon as if you were always there. bwaaaa

Can you not read or is it a comprehension issue? I never said the Preds were real hockey. I said my daughters like the Preds and I like the city.....it's a win for all of us. Hell, now we're even looking to go see the the Preds in Nashville when they play the Blouse there. I think that'd be cool. As long as I don't give them a penny of my money I'll go watch the Blouse.....I'm just not supporting it.

Luckily, at this point in my life, I can go watch hockey in any city I want to. It just ain't gonna be St. Louis.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: HAUS]
      #256156 - 10/25/17 09:18 AM

He might have an Irish surname, but I can guarantee you he's got some blockhead blood in his veins.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: HAUS]
      #256157 - 10/25/17 09:19 AM

We get to see Keith Tkachuk's boy Matthew tonight. He played in griffin's new, adopted hometown, Nashville, last night. He scored a goal in the 3rd and sealed the win with a shootout goal. That kid is pretty solid!!

The Blues have to take advantage of some tired legs tonight. The Flames played into OT and a shootout last night. And they really aren't a great team anyway. An up-tempo game and a little extra jump in their step should benefit the Blues, especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. If Allen is strong and the Blues play a solid game, this should be 2 pts.

Supposedly, they have been working on the PP and PK the last 3 days. We'll see. If it doesn't improve, they are in for a loooong season. Apparently, the NHL wants more and more special teams play. If that is the case and it appears to be, you better have good special teams.

My prediction: Blues 4 Flames 1

Go Blues!!

--------------------

sptsman

#256159 - 10/25/17 10:15 AM

Quote:

griffin said: I think that'd be cool. As long as I don't give them a penny of my money I'll go watch the Blouse.....I'm just not supporting it.

Luckily, at this point in my life, I can go watch hockey in any city I want to. It just ain't gonna be St. Louis.

griffin

You realize any money you spend at a Blues game, home or away support them, right? Maybe you can stand outside and listen to the cheering...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256163 - 10/25/17 11:38 AM

No, it doesn't support them in the same way....the league can do what the league wants, I have no control over that.

The Blouse is not getting any money from me. I'll support the NHL.....I won't support the Blouse. No beer, no parking, no merchandise, no food, no home tickets. Not a penny.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16298

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page