CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #258762 - 02/20/19 11:09 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
WOW!!!

This is craziness.

griffin

So, you are back in and they are getting your money again

Asking for bu....err....a friend!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #258763 - 02/20/19 12:55 PM

Just beer and parking so far...we'll see.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

#258764 - 02/20/19 01:32 PM

I just put my lawn chair on Market St. sidewalk. Saving my spot for the parade in June...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #258765 - 02/20/19 08:42 PM

I'm trying hard not to buy into this team due to too many heartbreaks in the past.. but dammit this team looks like it has the components to play meaningful games..

And that was probably the kiss of death...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #258766 - 02/21/19 09:19 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I'm trying hard not to buy into this team due to too many heartbreaks in the past.. but dammit this team looks like it has the components to play meaningful games..

And that was probably the kiss of death...

Kiss of Death?.....probably

I guess you better tell Andy not to buy any extra lawn chairs for the parade

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #258767 - 02/21/19 05:42 PM

They will be making T times before the Western Conference Championships.

Just sayin

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

sptsman

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #258768 - 02/22/19 06:47 AM

After watching Jamie Benn OWN the Blues and specifically, Pietrangelo, I think they will have a very hard time beating Dallas, should they run into them in the playoffs.

He is the 2010's version of Brendan Shanahan. He has speed, skill and a level of grit and toughness you just can't teach. I would trade any player and maybe even any two on the Blues for him. When I watched him sit on Pietrangelo and rub his head/face into the ice, last year and get away with it, I knew two things: He will own the Blues for years and Pietrangelo will always be a talented player that will never be great like a Chris Pronger. He lacks the edge needed to be great. The fact that he or his teammates just let that happen was disgraceful and made me embarrassed to be a Blues fan. Fast forward to last night and I watched Benn dominate the Blues and take liberties, with no repercussions. He paid no price. In short, the Blues are scared of him. If he wanted their lunch money, they would hand it over and beg for him not to hit them too. Last night he smoked Edmundson in the head and the Blues did nothing... Oh, did anyone notice Benn had 20+ mins of ice time and 2 goals last night. Pietro and Edmundson were both -3.

I like what I am seeing from this team but the lack of grit and toughness by a few key players is frightening and will be exposed when the rock-'em-sock-'em playoffs roll around.

--------------------

sptsman

#258769 - 02/22/19 06:51 AM

For those that missed it, here is where you lose all respect for Pietrangelo and his teammates...

Benn humiliates Pietrangelo ... pays no price

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258770 - 02/22/19 11:41 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
After watching Jamie Benn OWN the Blues and specifically, Pietrangelo, I think they will have a very hard time beating Dallas, should they run into them in the playoffs.

He is the 2010's version of Brendan Shanahan. He has speed, skill and a level of grit and toughness you just can't teach. I would trade any player and maybe even any two on the Blues for him. When I watched him sit on Pietrangelo and rub his head/face into the ice, last year and get away with it, I knew two things: He will own the Blues for years and Pietrangelo will always be a talented player that will never be great like a Chris Pronger. He lacks the edge needed to be great. The fact that he or his teammates just let that happen was disgraceful and made me embarrassed to be a Blues fan. Fast forward to last night and I watched Benn dominate the Blues and take liberties, with no repercussions. He paid no price. In short, the Blues are scared of him. If he wanted their lunch money, they would hand it over and beg for him not to hit them too. Last night he smoked Edmundson in the head and the Blues did nothing... Oh, did anyone notice Benn had 20+ mins of ice time and 2 goals last night. Pietro and Edmundson were both -3.

I like what I am seeing from this team but the lack of grit and toughness by a few key players is frightening and will be exposed when the rock-'em-sock-'em playoffs roll around.

You think???

I know you didn't like him.....but the Blues miss Backes....or somebody like him. It's not arguable. The team has no Captain right now.

When playoff hockey starts.....they're gonna get their asses handed to them. I'm not much moved from where I've been the last 3 seasons....even though I've enjoyed the last 6 weeks. But when push comes to shove.....this team has no character.....and it's one of the worst versions of the Note ever.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

#258771 - 02/22/19 12:26 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

You think???

I know you didn't like him.....but the Blues miss Backes....or somebody like him. It's not arguable. The team has no Captain right now.

When playoff hockey starts.....they're gonna get their asses handed to them. I'm not much moved from where I've been the last 3 seasons....even though I've enjoyed the last 6 weeks. But when push comes to shove.....this team has no character.....and it's one of the worst versions of the Note ever.

I loved Backes and think the Blues did him a great disservice making him a "C". He would have been a great player with an "A" or nothing on his sweater. Wearing the "C" kept him from being great. His inability to hold players accountable and his disappearing acts in the playoffs were his only big flaws. And when you are wearing the "C" those are flaws you just can't have!!

Backes = Good player and great representative for the Blues and STL but a lousy choice for "C".

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#258772 - 02/23/19 07:21 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

You think???

I loved Backes and think the Blues did him a great disservice making him a "C". He would have been a great player with an "A" or nothing on his sweater. Wearing the "C" kept him from being great. His inability to hold players accountable and his disappearing acts in the playoffs were his only big flaws. And when you are wearing the "C" those are flaws you just can't have!!

Backes = Good player and great representative for the Blues and STL but a lousy choice for "C".

You've enjoyed "no character" the last 6 weeks?"

You bounce up and down like a yo yo.

Heard Scott Stevens just 2 days ago claim the Blues are built for the playoffs with their strong D and ability to move the puck. In no uncertain terms. Scott Stevens. Go figure. All of this with Petro having his worst year ever and no, he should not be wearing any C.

Blues have 1 scoring line, that's their main problem as long as the goal tending holds up. And now, a key component of that line is down with Schenn and DP still out impacting line #2.

Down in Dallas, the 5 games prior, Benn had 2 assists and a -4 in that 5 game losing streak and fans were calling for his head and saying he has no character.

Gimme some goal tending and a second scoring line and this team can do some damage. I can save you some more viewing time it's not likely to happen with Schenn and DP out.

Have no idea where this team is going this year. I'll wait and see. Playing 30 games straight with 30 flights to do it, total screw job. And now key injuries piling up.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #258773 - 02/23/19 09:36 AM

WTF happened now? Last week you said they had 4 "top tier" lines!!

--------------------

last_stand

#258774 - 02/23/19 12:25 PM

Collectively as a team and healthy, yes. Doubt they have the best of any of the 4 lines in the league but as a team, their 4 lines are very good.

DP injury hurting the scoring on #2 line substantially for how long now? He was a major part of that deal.

With Schenn out the lines are out of whack. Berube needs to do some ciphering during this outage and it would be nice if Schwartz was Schwartz and Fabbri could remember how to play pre injury hockey. Give Thomas more top 6 minutes, at least get that out of this. And for god's sake get Petro off the #1 PP.

--------------------

last_stand

#258775 - 02/24/19 06:48 AM

Gee somehow the gritless, nontough, no character Blues beat one of the East's best yesterday.

That's right. After the gritless, nontough, no character Blues won 11 in a row then lost one, they came back yesterday while 4 starters were out and many more skating sick with the flu and a red hot Binnington and managed to put 30 hits on the streaking Bruins beating them with grit, toughness and character and a less than stellar performance otherwise.

Oh, and the amazing Jaime Benn, apparently worth any two Blues, bwaaaaaaaaaaa...pardon me I'm still laughing....went -1 yesterday as the Canes kicked the Stars azz blanking them 3-0.

2nd game of a traveling back to back tonight. 3rd weekend in a row. And another one next week. If only they had grit and toughness and character, they might win a few of them.

Schenn to IR. I'm guessing concussed. Blues are up against it. I'm scared what Army might do with this trade deadline.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#258776 - 02/24/19 07:38 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Gee somehow the gritless, nontough, no character Blues beat one of the East's best yesterday.

That's right. After the gritless, nontough, no character Blues won 11 in a row then lost one, they came back yesterday while 4 starters were out and many more skating sick with the flu and a red hot Binnington and managed to put 30 hits on the streaking Bruins beating them with grit, toughness and character and a less than stellar performance otherwise

Oh, and the amazing Jaime Benn, apparently worth any two Blues, bwaaaaaaaaaaa...pardon me I'm still laughing....went -1 yesterday as the Canes kicked the Stars azz blanking them 3-0.

2nd game of a traveling back to back tonight. 3rd weekend in a row. And another one next week. If only they had grit and toughness and character, they might win a few of them.

Schenn to IR. I'm guessing concussed. Blues are up against it. I'm scared what Army might do with this trade deadline.

Some people can't handle the truth

Say..who was "Tiger" for Dan Kelley?? ( Picard? )

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

sptsman

#258777 - 02/25/19 08:39 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

That's right. After the gritless, nontough, no character Blues won 11 in a row then lost one, they came back yesterday while 4 starters were out and many more skating sick with the flu and a red hot Binnington and managed to put 30 hits on the streaking Bruins beating them with grit, toughness and character and a less than stellar performance otherwise.

Dude, reading comprehension is fundamental to these discussions. If you want to set up straw men, just to knock 'em down, go for it. But my comments about no grit and character were referring to a few top tier players on this current roster (and most of the roster earlier in the season). If you can't see that, you just aren't paying attention. Can you name one player on the Blues you would not trade for Jamie Benn? Based on their play this season, you might have an argument, albeit a weak one, for O'Reilly or Tarasenko.

Do you really expect Scott Stevens to call out Pietro for his lack of toughness? Of course he's not going to do that. But I would bet you a donut he would have plenty to say off the record. Anyone that knows hockey knows that Pietro is supremely talented player but simply doesn't play a tough as the great ones do/did.

Losing both Perron and Schenn is going to be a huge hit, if Schwartz and/or a few others don't pick it up. I wouldn't be surprised if Perron is done for good. Scrambled brains is rough way to go through the rest of your life.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258778 - 02/25/19 08:50 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

\

Dammit boy....you put the LS in Homer.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#258779 - 02/25/19 04:26 PM

Hey Guys....Did y'all see where the Blues have won like 12 out of 13 games?? Pretty good , huh?

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #258780 - 02/25/19 05:02 PM

Stay out of this tomahawk boy.

--------------------

last_stand

#258781 - 02/26/19 06:38 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Dude, reading comprehension is fundamental to these discussions. If you want to set up straw men, just to knock 'em down, go for it. But my comments about no grit and character were referring to a few top tier players on this current roster (and most of the roster earlier in the season). If you can't see that, you just aren't paying attention. Can you name one player on the Blues you would not trade for Jamie Benn? Based on their play this season, you might have an argument, albeit a weak one, for O'Reilly or Tarasenko.

Do you really expect Scott Stevens to call out Pietro for his lack of toughness? Of course he's not going to do that. But I would bet you a donut he would have plenty to say off the record. Anyone that knows hockey knows that Pietro is supremely talented player but simply doesn't play a tough as the great ones do/did.

Losing both Perron and Schenn is going to be a huge hit, if Schwartz and/or a few others don't pick it up. I wouldn't be surprised if Perron is done for good. Scrambled brains is rough way to go through the rest of your life.

I'm sorry, I thought you said there's not a Blue worth Benn. Or was it two Blues?

Wait, you did say that.

And now maybe not? Is that right? Got it.

And Stevens did not have to say anything about the Blues D, he was not asked about the Blues D, he just came out and said what he said about the Blues D all by his self. I did not say a word about Petro, I am not going to die on that hill. He is playing his worst hockey of his career and seriously hurting the team while doing so.

In spite of Petro, the Blues are plenty tough, plenty gritty as much or more than any team. The need scorers for their second line is what they need.

Jets and Preds and I believe Dallas all added scorers to their rosters yesterday. Blues hung on to their youth and did nothing up front. This is not the year for them so short of some lopsided deal which did not happen I am good with that and with Schenn and Perron coming back soon I'll be cheering them on to see what they can do.

The new Preds in town tonight. 4 new players in the last week. Hope they all got their whining and diving instructions down pat.

That is all.

I remain,

Homer

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#258782 - 02/26/19 11:24 AM

So........now you’re blaming whining players and them getting g the refs to go within them in their falling down. Gotcha. The way some of those blues guys play, maybe they should do the same. They play the part half the time. Maybe they should play the beardedclam part all the time, and get some homer ref calls. After all, it’s the same refs and works both ways

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#258783 - 02/26/19 04:39 PM

I'm liking Maroon all the time and I hope he pounds subban into the ice tonite. Either Maroon Bor2zow or Petros partner need to beat subbans azz.

Should be a rough and tumble affair tonite.

Character check I suppose.

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: fastman]
      #258784 - 02/26/19 07:12 PM

Hi Eddie! As usual Blade your analysis is spot on!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #258785 - 02/27/19 06:14 AM

4-1 against the mighty whiny turds. Huh. How can this be?

Binny with his 5th SO.

And the rookie Mac not taking anything all night long from the king b1tch himself.

Shame one of Blais or Mac will go down for Steens return.

Red hot Canes Friday. Blues now 5 points out of first place in the central.

Stay tuned.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #258786 - 02/27/19 06:15 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
So........now you’re blaming whining players and them getting g the refs to go within them in their falling down. Gotcha. The way some of those blues guys play, maybe they should do the same. They play the part half the time. Maybe they should play the beardedclam part all the time, and get some homer ref calls. After all, it’s the same refs and works both ways

Wha? Huh?

Dude, I know that 11 game win streak was hard on you but try to follow.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2603 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25083

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page