CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #258244 - 11/23/18 06:42 AM

I was screaming at the tv. Bluerube blablew it and it WAS a high school move and he had some of their 'star" players on the ice who were playing their worst game of the season.

The biggest problem with this team are a few guys guys who are supposed to be good. Bluerube needs to confront them.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #258246 - 11/23/18 10:54 AM

That team is absolutely pathetic right now.....top to bottom.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#258253 - 11/24/18 06:42 AM

So, after only catching bits and pieces of games and missing some altogether, over the past 3-4 weeks, due to work travel and chaos at home (had wife's family over for Thanksgiving and she decided it was time for a whole house makeover = 3-4 weeks of hell), I got to watch 2/3 of the Wed night and most of last night's game. I just have one question for about 80% of the Blues players: What the fork is so hard to understand that you are in the NHL and as such have to play at 100% effort and with an edge every stride of every shift of every period of every game? You see the results as clearly as the nose on your face. Why does a coach have to get fired and you have to drop below .500 to bring that out in you?

If the Blues played every game with the execution, speed, fire and grit they played with last night, they would be in a race for the top of the standings. Why is it so hard for this group to get their collective chit together? My current theory is that Pietro is too soft to be a "C" and there are too many veterans that are not owning this and getting in the faces of the players that need to step it up (in part because some of them need to step it up themselves).

Last night was impressive. If and that is a huge "if", the Blues can play like that for the next few months, they will be right back in the hunt. "I'll believe it when I see it... The talent is there.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #258254 - 11/24/18 07:19 AM

I did not expect a great start with them. I think like 10 new guys are of their 22. But it goes well beyond that and worse yet it's basically not the new guys.

There are 2 players who remain flat out problems, Allen and Jblow.

There are numerous KEY players struggling and under performing BADLY:
Petro
Tarasenko
Schenn (now coming around)
Parayko (better lately)

That's 50% of your blue line and like 30% of key team guys not doing it with most of them being inexplicably so.

Last night means nothing unless these VETERAN guys want to come out of their comas and set their petty problems aside and wake the fork up and play hard AND SMART to win.

Step two begins tonite at 6:00.

Ohhhhh to be a Blues fan. bwaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258255 - 11/24/18 08:33 AM

In his last five games Allen has 1.64 GAA and .940 save percentage.....just saying. As it turns out, this is not really an Allen problem (it will be eventually ).

This team has no soul.....and I blame Petro and Steen....they are the supposed leaders....ship them both out.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#258258 - 11/25/18 06:49 AM

If I could do it, I would.

I don't think Steens play has been that bad this year but his name keeps coming around with locker room issues. That, and his contract sucks.

Petro has fallen off the face of the earth.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258261 - 11/25/18 07:05 AM

I got a bit concerned after Friday night's game that this team maybe could turn it around and not be dead last in the league like I'm hoping for......but last night showed they will not disappoint me.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#258262 - 11/25/18 11:43 AM

hockey sucks...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #258290 - 11/28/18 04:17 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
hockey sucks...

Hockey is !!!

I had no idea the NHL has no penalty for a positive pot test.

Damn.

I figure if the Blues can win 40 out of the last 60 games....they could still make the playoffs

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: fastman]
      #258291 - 11/28/18 04:20 PM

Rumer has it that the Bluz r lookin @ Jimmy Howard

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: fastman]
      #258292 - 11/28/18 11:56 PM

Eddie... let it go....no way in hell this team goes 20 over .500 at any point this season. There is poison on that team....most likely Petro, Steen, and even Tarasenko have to go.

--------------------

sptsman

#258296 - 11/29/18 06:48 AM

Time to start dumping dead weight and looking to land that #1 pick in 2019. Unless things change drastically, this team has already played their way out of a playoff position. And if you're not going to make the playoffs, you might as well develop young players and finish dead last. It has worked for nearly every Cup winner in the past 10-15 years.

It has become painful to watch this defense cough up pucks that end up in the back of their own net, game after game! Parayko had the first one last night on Detroit's first goal and Pietrangelo had the next, on their 2nd goal. Steen tried his best to gift wrap one for Larkin but Larkin hit the pipe... How do players with this much talent get this bad collectively?

--------------------

last_stand

#258297 - 11/30/18 06:14 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Time to start dumping dead weight and looking to land that #1 pick in 2019. Unless things change drastically, this team has already played their way out of a playoff position. And if you're not going to make the playoffs, you might as well develop young players and finish dead last. It has worked for nearly every Cup winner in the past 10-15 years.

It has become painful to watch this defense cough up pucks that end up in the back of their own net, game after game! Parayko had the first one last night on Detroit's first goal and Pietrangelo had the next, on their 2nd goal. Steen tried his best to gift wrap one for Larkin but Larkin hit the pipe... How do players with this much talent get this bad collectively?

And lemme guess...Armstrong is the guy fix it.

Wednesday night first 30 minutes was the worst hockey of the year. Maybe decade. Complete dumpster fire.

In all my years as a Blues fan, I've never seen so many players under perform at the same time in the same season.

That locker room ain't right. Educated guess....I'd move Petro and Steen and see what happens.

--------------------

sptsman

#258298 - 11/30/18 08:22 AM

Nope, I'm OK with moving DA out as well. Hell, I'd even like to see a new owner and Zamboni driver. This is like nothing I've ever seen...

BTW, if you think anyone is going to take Steen without the Blues eating some of his contract, you're in a fantasy land of some sort. People around the NHL are watching this dumpster fire, just like us. In fact, one of the difficult things about this situation is the payroll. With one of the highest in the NHL, there is no wiggle room. Unloading an overpriced veteran for underpriced talent just doesn't happen very often, in all of pro sports. This has to be fixed from within for the most part.

Another performance like the Detroit game and the Av's will beat them 13-0. We'll see what Blues team shows up tonight.

--------------------

last_stand

#258299 - 11/30/18 08:40 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Nope, I'm OK with moving DA out as well. Hell, I'd even like to see a new owner and Zamboni driver. This is like nothing I've ever seen...

BTW, if you think anyone is going to take Steen without the Blues eating some of his contract, you're in a fantasy land of some sort. People around the NHL are watching this dumpster fire, just like us. In fact, one of the difficult things about this situation is the payroll. With one of the highest in the NHL, there is no wiggle room. Unloading an overpriced veteran for underpriced talent just doesn't happen very often, in all of pro sports. This has to be fixed from within for the most part.

Another performance like the Detroit game and the Av's will beat them 13-0. We'll see what Blues team shows up tonight.

Heard the exact same logic to justify keeping Allen.

When all the while it is far more damaging to keep him.

Petro has some value still so he can be moved easily. Steen's play is going down and has been rumored to be involved in team locker room issues for years now. I've had enough. If true, he has to go no matter the cost.

This is all Army's doing. Steen and Allen contracts like an anchor around their neck.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#258300 - 11/30/18 12:02 PM

DA is a genius! Just ask him.. or listen to the talking heads on Hockey Night. The pictures DA has of ownership must involve Garrett's hairless Filipino boy, a goat, a transsexual hooker and a corpse. It's the only explanation of 8 years of failure and him still having the job..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #258304 - 12/02/18 10:04 AM

Still only 2 points behind the Kings in the Jack Hughes race!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258311 - 12/02/18 07:11 PM

You know, if someone would just step up....

This is the EXACT team that I quit on and you all defended...........because....AGAIN.....this version of the Blues sucks!!!

griffin

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #258312 - 12/02/18 08:45 PM

There - I fixed it for you.

Quote:

griffin said:
You know, if someone would just step up....

This is the EXACT team that I quit on at least twice a week during last years season and you all defended...........because....AGAIN.....this version of the Blues sucks!!!

griffin

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #258325 - 12/04/18 01:53 PM

Oh yeah!!!!

The Blouse have caught LA and are now tied for last in the league!!

Go Blue!!!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#258329 - 12/04/18 05:21 PM

Jack Hughes would look good in a Blues sweater.. but they'll probably eff that up too..

--------------------

last_stand

#258343 - 12/06/18 09:36 AM

"fragile"

Right now, that hits the nail square on the head.

But last night the refs just buried the Blues with two blatant incidents. Forking ridiculous.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258344 - 12/06/18 01:33 PM

C'mon dude......I'm not willing to blame a single loss, or anything else, on the refs when it comes to this squad of goofballs.

This version of the Blouse is the worst in their history....and it will be until the current "leadership" of Petrangelo, Steen, Tarasenko, Bouwmeester, and Allen are gone.

Period.

--------------------

last_stand

#258345 - 12/06/18 02:25 PM

Well sure you got the struggling bungling Blues then you got the worst officiating in sports. I can separate them easily.

They took a good goal away from a tied game. Call that what you want. This team, of all teams, doesn't need such stupidity from other corners right now they got plenty of their own to deal with.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258346 - 12/06/18 03:46 PM

Every team in the league has to deal with that.....just because they ride the short bus it doesn't make them special.

And dude.....they are NOT struggling....get that through your head. This team, as it is currently made up, SUCKS.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25081

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page