CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: MB2]
      #260008 - 07/29/19 07:49 PM

Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
Thanks. Obviously, I don't get all The Blues home games on TV here, so I don't respond, so there's no point in reading.

TV broadcasting here is different. Videos, links, and news broadcasts are often made unavailable here, if there are no broadcast rights sold in this area. It happens more often than you might know.

It's also something to think about as the NHL gets a new TV deal.

Indycar (negotiated a new TV deal this year) and only allotted that The Indy 500 would be included in a free cable format. The balance of the races could only be streamed for a price. Fans raised hell, to get them to telecast The Toronto Indy for free, and they caved, including it on cable.

Americans, think it's censorship, but it is not. It's sports business.

It is the reason though for our often muted response, to many things.

Oh, snap. Once again for the DAWG. I don't want to be American. Never crossed my mind. Rebuilding any bit of history, is about staying on the original though.

So, yes, in fact in small towns, like Letterkenny depicts, hockey players very often, want to leave.

Edited by LongTimeGone (07/31/19 06:12 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#260010 - 07/30/19 09:27 AM

Canada....where curling has nothing to do with cosmetics

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: wuchang]
      #260011 - 07/30/19 10:19 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Canada....where curling has nothing to do with cosmetics

And where basic human decency is often rare, when it comes to the little guy.

TORONTO -- A research study done for the Ontario Securities Commission says investors with small- and mid-sized portfolios may be receiving insufficient information about financial planning from their advisers.

It says 43 per cent of respondents said they didn't think their adviser provided education about financial concepts and the vast majority got no advice about debt management, tax and estate planning or planning for a family member.

--------------------

So, this is where I've been, for about 3 years. Looking after portfolios, for myself, and others (at no charge) who have been worked over by financial institutions, for their retirement money.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#260012 - 07/30/19 04:23 PM

Do not put your money green dolphin, repeat: Do not put your money on the green dolphin.

Over.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: griffin]
      #260013 - 07/31/19 04:48 AM

And, it doesn't go down, like on the TeeVee low buck DIY trading platform advertisements either.

I didn't march into their offices and fire anyone. My adviser was so bad, that the brokerage canned him, while I was away. The brokerage V.P. sent me a "STAY CALM" letter, saying they'd fix me up with a new shyster. Every time a brokerage house gives you a new adviser, the incoming guy pays the old adviser for your book of business. I had months of reading to prepare. Then I started asking friends for the name of their advisers. No one was happy with their's either.

I had come to Jesus meetings with everyone they sent me, knew exactly what the fees were, and heard everything from, "This portfolio is perfectly set up." to "This portfolio is B.S." I asked everyone of them, about brokerages firing advisers, reasons for dismissal, and if they'd ever been fired.
Then, I started interviewing for an adviser attached to different brokerages, and they LOVE you, because they don't have to pay your old adviser for your book of business. "Would you like another martini with your CN Tower lunch Ma'am?" "I just happen to have an extra set of show tickets." "Toronto FC Soccer tickets?"

Then, I got back to the VEEP of the brokerage who sent me the STAY CALM letter, and asked him straight up, why the brokerage canned my adviser. He wouldn't answer me no way, no how. So, I fired his brokerage. It took me 7 months to get every bit of money transferred to new accounts. Been swimming in shark free waters ever since.

Guess who's former brokerage sent their private banking division to the NHL Draft to schmoose new money?

[image]https://images.app.goo.gl/pV41NjpTUhv78RMS7[/image]

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#260014 - 07/31/19 11:07 AM

You're a big thinker mb. And thoughts are a good thing.

Particularly when they stay in your head.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: last_stand]
      #260015 - 07/31/19 11:27 AM

“Those only are happy (I thought) who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness; on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit, followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming thus at something else, they find happiness by the way. The enjoyments of life (such was now my theory) are sufficient to make it a pleasant thing, when they are taken en passant, without being made a principal object. Once make them so, and they are immediately felt to be insufficient. They will not bear a scrutinizing examination. Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so. The only chance is to treat, not happiness, but some end external to it, as the purpose of life. Let your self-consciousness, your scrutiny, your self-interrogation, exhaust themselves on that; and if otherwise fortunately circumstanced you will inhale happiness with the air you breathe, without dwelling on it or thinking about it, without either forestalling it in imagination, or putting it to flight by fatal questioning.”

........Over.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

MB2

#260016 - 07/31/19 12:46 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
“Those only are happy (I thought) who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness; on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit, followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming thus at something else, they find happiness by the way. The enjoyments of life (such was now my theory) are sufficient to make it a pleasant thing, when they are taken en passant, without being made a principal object. Once make them so, and they are immediately felt to be insufficient. They will not bear a scrutinizing examination. Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so. The only chance is to treat, not happiness, but some end external to it, as the purpose of life. Let your self-consciousness, your scrutiny, your self-interrogation, exhaust themselves on that; and if otherwise fortunately circumstanced you will inhale happiness with the air you breathe, without dwelling on it or thinking about it, without either forestalling it in imagination, or putting it to flight by fatal questioning.”

........Over.

I swim with the sharks, no longer. I participate in the pursuit of the happiness of my friends, and my own.

Over.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#260017 - 07/31/19 02:51 PM

Is Wabo back?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: IIFID]
      #260018 - 07/31/19 08:04 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Is Wabo back?

Obviously.

We get so busy, when we work, even if we love what we do.

It usually takes the smallest reminder to wake us up, when you are working on other people's memories...other people's stories.

The other week I had a lady call asking about a car that had been owned by her father. When he passed away, she was young and a single mother, and couldn't afford to purchase the car from her mother, even though she wanted it, because her favourite memory was driving around with her Dad. Then he got sick, and purchased the car of his dreams...a red 1964 Mustang.

He passed away 19 years ago, and I could lay my hands on that file in storage, within minutes, so that I could give her the VIN, and other details, so she could continue with a computerized search for the car.

Proud to say that livery isn't always about the rich and famous and the value of a car. Each one of them, is special to someone out there, and sometimes it just takes a phone call to wake us up to that, because otherwise, they just become a possession, with no meaning.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#260019 - 07/31/19 08:55 PM

Here in my car
I know I've started to think
About leaving tonight
Although nothing seems right
In cars

--------------------

MB2

#260021 - 08/01/19 02:20 PM

Nay. Cathartic.

I drove home today with this blasting out my Harmon Kardon's.

Yeah. I finally had tears running down my face, instead of pent up anger at the system, instead of burying myself in work.

Toronto, in the late 70's my ex and I were living in the city, and didn't have any money, so we used to take my ex's 750 Norton to Varsity Stadium by the lake to watch The Argos scrimmages.

Their DB got hurt. As was the standard back then with rookies, they got my husband a better paying day job, but no club money to fill in.

He was only 5'7", but fast, and wore a 46 jacket. I love men that I can look directly in their eyes.

He got hurt playing football often.

He got hurt playing hockey often.

He medicated often.

Then, he couldn't look me in the eyes any longer.

So, I stuffed everything, loved him unconditionally and then left, later in the 80's.

I've never had this reaction to any loss before, and it has nothing to do with any of you. There was no memorial, no outlet, for someone who didn't treat other people well, but even my parents were crying, so I knew there was something wrong about the way I was treating this.

After 5 1/2 months, I thought I was going to break in two.

So thanks, I know there are young minds around here, with big aspirations, and I hope they all come true. Don't be deterred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNX96HbQcVM&list=RDaNX96HbQcVM&start_radio=1

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#260022 - 08/01/19 08:18 PM

Well, I don't know what any of that is about, but I'm sorry for your loss. I always figure we make more out of death then we need to. I've seen a bunch of it. I doubt they miss us as much as we miss them.

--------------------

MB2

#260023 - 08/02/19 05:46 AM

They aren't all the same. Baseball guy is a friend, nothing more. He was brutal with me, because he's been with me through thick and thin. "There is no crying in baseball." You'd like him, his words were much more colourful than "Fork him, feed him fish heads."

When I took my granddaughter to see Toy Story 4, there is a toy called Duke Caboom, Canada's Greatest Stunt Driver. A replacement, if you will for Super Dave Osborne. He is advertised to jump long distances on his motorcycle, but keeps crashing, therefore, unwanted.

These things, made me laugh. I always knew, I'd out live him. Keeping my family and friends, are all that matter now.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#260024 - 08/02/19 11:33 AM

This thread is like visiting Chernobyl. You can only stay in here for little bits at a time.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: sptsman]
      #260025 - 08/02/19 12:30 PM

Back off, Andy.....a little feller has died and Duke is about to jump over some chit.

--------------------

MB2

#260026 - 08/02/19 02:46 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Back off, Andy.....a little feller has died and Duke is about to jump over some chit.

All of the information I had, about how to get out of the house, what to do in any situation, when he appeared out of nowhere, kicked in my home, my family's homes, sent me pitiful letters from jail, came directly from drug enforcement officers, but through the auto squad. In my job I was in direct contact with the auto squad regularly. The auto squad knew my family and I to be honorable people. The people he was dealing with, were dangerous.

Because of these circumstances I always had to be aware of my surroundings, I don't do drugs, I rarely drink to excess.

So far, I have succeeded in giving my kid, a better life in his prime, than I ever had.

I thank the cops for that.

No matter how immune you are to this, thank you.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#260027 - 08/02/19 04:38 PM

Yeah......that's pretty common, believe it or not.

I gave my kids a better life then I had, but I am prone to drink to excess, when I get the itch to, and in a couple of years I plan to smoke bushels of weed.....or truck loads, or a barge full, whichever is greater.

It's been a struggle for me to maintain a lifestyle that allows me to keep my job.....the only one I ever wanted.

This is truth.....the guys who were meant to be cops don't need a lick of thanks, nor do they care about protesting, disparaging remarks, or any of the BS that comes with it.....hunting bad guys is just too much fun to care what anyone thinks.

--------------------

DuckMeRunnin

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Missouri

#260028 - 08/02/19 06:01 PM

Wu, would budget constraints allow the creation of a Therapy forum ?

Maybe an even trade for the Campfires and Singed Eyebrows forum forum that seems to be dying a slow painful death ?

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: DuckMeRunnin]
      #260029 - 08/02/19 07:30 PM

Can I be the therapist.....I think I have some good advice for struggling folk.

If this is gonna require a resume I would just like to add that I have talked a half dozen people into being tazed and possibly one person into jumping from an overpass.

--------------------

Edited by griffin (08/02/19 07:33 PM)

MB2

#260030 - 08/02/19 08:01 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Yeah......that's pretty common, believe it or not.

I gave my kids a better life then I had, but I am prone to drink to excess, when I get the itch to, and in a couple of years I plan to smoke bushels of weed.....or truck loads, or a barge full, whichever is greater.

It's been a struggle for me to maintain a lifestyle that allows me to keep my job.....the only one I ever wanted.

This is truth.....the guys who were meant to be cops don't need a lick of thanks, nor do they care about protesting, disparaging remarks, or any of the BS that comes with it.....hunting bad guys is just too much fun to care what anyone thinks.

MB2

#260031 - 08/03/19 05:21 AM

Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:

Maybe an even trade for the Campfires and Singed Eyebrows forum forum that seems to be dying a slow painful death ?

Title: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Some of us shouldn't be allowed to mix with Mr. Zuckerberg's general population.

I had all of my old hen friends clucking at me, when I was playing Play-Doh with my granddaughter.

I began making Mr. Bill and Bluto figures. It didn't end well for Mr. Bill.

I'm sure when she gets to school this will be the conversation.

Teacher: "What did your Granny teach you? Sewing? Cooking? How to bait a hook?"

Granddaughter: "My Granny taught me about existential dread!"

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #260032 - 08/03/19 06:42 AM

Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:

What I find most therapeutic about this is seeing DMR branching out and making a post in the sports forum.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#260035 - 08/03/19 09:58 AM

Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:

Greg.... if that is needed, I think we can handle it-- doesn't cost anything but time and some experimenting if it doesn't go as planned------

or we crash the entire dump

Quote:

griffin said:

If this is gonna require a resume I would just like to add that I have talked a half dozen people into being tazed and possibly one person into jumping from an overpass.

While I'm sure a dedicated forum "Ask Dr Mahatma Griffin-- famous humanitarian, dog and horse whisper Forum" would provide some chuckles and maybe even a few belly laughs--- we already benefit from your efforts

Hell, you even got Homer to be less Captain Obvious---for which a grateful nation acknowledges your accomplishment

Ok-- strap in

I keep this dump open for people to use ....or not use as they see fit to do--

Long Time Gone aka Miss Bud aka Blondie aka other nom de plume has all the privileges and rights as any other user of this forum and as long the rules of decorum established sooooooo long ago are not severely dented-- shall continue to be in good standing

Her analysis of several nationalities literature was spot on with the exception the Russian knot heads either do themselves in or are shipped to some gulag

Now I was always instructed to use CLEAR,CONCISE and COGENT statements, I realize that those who indulge in other philosophies may have difficulty with the concept and feel that long explanations are necessary...

For my part

Fork'em and feed them fish heads meets the rules of the forum and I feel confident that it meets the clear, concise and cogent definition....perhaps not as creative as I could express myself...but it works for me

BTW-- I was asked if a certain MDC education specialist was banned from this forum and the answer is no....said education specialist is not banned.......but I respect said yahoo's good judgment not to tempt fate twice..

As far as a new forum or substitute for an existing forum....y'all work among yourselves and let me know

out

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: wuchang]
      #260036 - 08/03/19 10:35 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:

Greg.... if that is needed, I think we can handle it-- doesn't cost anything but time and some experimenting if it doesn't go as planned------

or we crash the entire dump

Quote:

griffin said:

While I'm sure a dedicated forum "Ask Dr Mahatma Griffin-- famous humanitarian, dog and horse whisper Forum" would provide some chuckles and maybe even a few belly laughs--- we already benefit from your efforts

Hell, you even got Homer to be less Captain Obvious---for which a grateful nation acknowledges your accomplishment

Ok-- strap in

I keep this dump open for people to use ....or not use as they see fit to do--

Long Time Gone aka Miss Bud aka Blondie aka other nom de plume has all the privileges and rights as any other user of this forum and as long the rules of decorum established sooooooo long ago are not severely dented-- shall continue to be in good standing

Her analysis of several nationalities literature was spot on with the exception the Russian knot heads either do themselves in or are shipped to some gulag

Now I was always instructed to use CLEAR,CONCISE and COGENT statements, I realize that those who indulge in other philosophies may have difficulty with the concept and feel that long explanations are necessary...

For my part

Fork'em and feed them fish heads meets the rules of the forum and I feel confident that it meets the clear, concise and cogent definition....perhaps not as creative as I could express myself...but it works for me

BTW-- I was asked if a certain MDC education specialist was banned from this forum and the answer is no....said education specialist is not banned.......but I respect said yahoo's good judgment not to tempt fate twice..

As far as a new forum or substitute for an existing forum....y'all work among yourselves and let me know

out

My head hurts after reading all that. I had to google some of what you posted To keep up. Is it OK to do everclear shot followed by bourbon chasers at 9 am??? Asking for a friend

I’m gonna need a therapist soon the way things are
Up

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2614

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page