CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: griffin]
      #260063 - 08/04/19 01:20 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I'm not a joiner...........ever

We have one guy that we got to know pretty well, from Oregon. He and his granddaughter's boyfriend got into it over politics so bad last winter that the granddaughter and the boyfriend, just packed up and left without waking he and his wife, the next morning.

Decent enough guy, but both he and his wife never stop. We have seen him lose other friends this way. He won't go into the clubhouse if one of the lady bartenders is serving that day, because he got into a shouting match with her 2 years ago. But, geez, your granddaughter??

So, I just keep my distance, especially when they drink, and why I take courses, volunteer and go out with other friends to shows.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: MB2]
      #260064 - 08/04/19 01:51 PM

Griffin may not be a joiner.. but from earlier post it sounds like you will soon be a "joint-er".

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: IIFID]
      #260065 - 08/04/19 02:02 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Griffin may not be a joiner.. but from earlier post it sounds like you will soon be a "joint-er".

lol

There's another thing. It's legal here to use it, however, using is reason for the US to turn you away at the border. So is owning US pot shares on the NYSE.

I just go to Dairy Queen, buy the ice cream cakes decorated with leaves, and chow down on that.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#260066 - 08/04/19 02:50 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

Not soon enough.....moved the twins into their sorority house yesterday at Mizzou for their sophomore year....so 2 1/2 more years of work. I'm gonna walk the graduation walk with them....throwing police chit into the crowd. 35 years will be enough.....plenty enough.

Then.............all bets are off, legal or not.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#260070 - 08/05/19 08:08 AM

Godddayum I feel old thinking about the twins being sophomores in college! Course alot of you prolly feel the same way when I say Jake aka The Peanut is 25...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#260071 - 08/05/19 08:14 AM

Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
Decent enough guy, but both he and his wife never stop. We have seen him lose other friends this way.

Then he's not a decent enough guy at all. He's an arsehole. He needs to understand that's why Al Gore invented this internet thingy. It is where you can go to spew your know-it-all chit and not lose all of your friends and relatives. Of course it whips the unstable into a shooting frenzy, killing dozens of innocent people but at least you still have your friends and relatives.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: sptsman]
      #260073 - 08/05/19 11:34 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
Decent enough guy, but both he and his wife never stop. We have seen him lose other friends this way.

Then he's not a decent enough guy at all. He's an arsehole. He needs to understand that's why Al Gore invented this internet thingy. It is where you can go to spew your know-it-all chit and not lose all of your friends and relatives. Of course it whips the unstable into a shooting frenzy, killing dozens of innocent people but at least you still have your friends and relatives.

I have seen him nurse his old dog, until she passed. That's all I meant. It's my husband who ignores his calls and texts for golf and social events.....because he cheats at golf.

Also, days like this on the stock market, and the ones I believe are to follow soon, are exactly why I had to fight with the bankers, so I could prepare portfolios in advance for my family and friends. Now that there's nothing left to prepare, I just sit and watch.. it's all a game of chance, last stand.

Not so crazy after all...

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#260074 - 08/05/19 12:23 PM

Master WU,
I seem to remember there being a Wabonese translator back in the day. Is there an LTG translator in this dump? Asking for a friend or actually a lot of friends..

--------------------

MB2

#260075 - 08/05/19 12:39 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Master WU,
I seem to remember there being a Wabonese translator back in the day. Is there an LTG translator in this dump? Asking for a friend or actually a lot of friends..

Hi Tim. Not you the banker, but my own investment banker. Do you think, the market's going into a decline?

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#260076 - 08/05/19 12:46 PM

The market ALWAYS goes into a decline, and then it comes out of the decline and rises to a record level. That's the way the market has always worked, and the way it will always be.

Timing may or may not matter, depending on individual situations.

In the long run, put money in the stock market and leave it there.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

MB2

#260077 - 08/05/19 01:10 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Timing may or may not matter, depending on individual situations.

I spent all of last October, locking down money for elderly people, who can't afford to lose anything.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#260078 - 08/05/19 04:12 PM

If you would have locked down my account in Oct. I'd have $82,000 less than I have today in my retirement account and I'd have fired your ass already.

--------------------

MB2

#260079 - 08/05/19 04:59 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
If you would have locked down my account in Oct. I'd have $82,000 less than I have today in my retirement account and I'd have fired your ass already.

Good for you. I didn't say I locked down ALL their money.

I sold some losers where the fees were eating up their profits, and locked that down.

Dude, you ever sit in a bar in the 70's for a long periods of time, it's like that. You shoot pool, feed the jukebox, the video games, and I could stay up all night playing backgammon, btw.

This is like Pacman. You eat the ghosts, like you eat these fees, but eventually, that one little rat bastage ghost eats YOU.

Then it's closing time, and last call, and there's no way to recover.

That's what I got rid of for them - under performing funds with high fees. Most investment bankers want you to keep them, because they get a share of those fees.

Now, back in the 70's you'd say, no problem. I'll hunt down that same Pacman machine the next night and keep playing, until I get them ALL.

But, it's not the 70's, the bar is gone, the Pacman game is in a pile with all the other Pacman games out back , so you can't get revenge.

So, you put your quarters away.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#260080 - 08/05/19 05:06 PM

Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

LongTimeGone said:

I have seen him nurse his old dog, until she passed. That's all I meant. It's my husband who ignores his calls and texts for golf and social events.....because he cheats at golf.

Also, days like this on the stock market, and the ones I believe are to follow soon, are exactly why I had to fight with the bankers, so I could prepare portfolios in advance for my family and friends. Now that there's nothing left to prepare, I just sit and watch.. it's all a game of chance, last stand.

MB...please...to be here you must at the very least remember who you are typing to.

The wife and I have been self employed since '87.

Most don't know what a game of chance really is.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: last_stand]
      #260081 - 08/05/19 05:09 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

LongTimeGone said:

MB...please...to be here you must at the very least remember who you are typing to.

The wife and I have been self employed since '87.

Most don't know what a game of chance really is.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#260082 - 08/05/19 06:45 PM

1st rule in any game of chance is

Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: wuchang]
      #260083 - 08/05/19 08:00 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
1st rule in any game of chance is

Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose

You're a conservative, aren't you?

Yep. Which is why all portfolios are different. My granddaughter's education fund, that she won't be able to touch for another 15 years, is far, far different than any other I manage. It's the long bet.

1) Don't look online for info online - unless it's from an independent professional who isn't getting paid to sell you stocks. Most are you know? If you do want independent online info, you'll have to pay for it.

2) Do your research on the management of the company you want to buy.

3) Don't slam those bank doors behind you if you decide to leave one. They'll still talk to you and send you their research. They do want you back.

4) Talk to real (hopefully successful) people about what you're doing.

5) Walk. If you want to buy Apple shares, walk into one of their stores, see if it looks busy, watch what people are looking at and buying.

Make the bet.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#260089 - 08/06/19 07:49 AM

Dear Master Wu,
When you get done setting up the Therapy page to be moderated by Dr. Griffin, will you please set up an Investment Page for this kind of talk? Asking for 10's of friends.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#260090 - 08/06/19 07:54 AM

A conservative???
Not so much on some things,but that doesn't eliminate the use of common sense

I remember my parents telling me if I was counting on some inheritance, then I was going to be disappointed

I told them to spend every nickel because I didn't need their money--- they raised me to make my own

Molly and I gave my niece and nephew each a good used car
and 6 months of auto insurance so they would have dependable transportation to get to work

I figure they have to "learn to cross a river under fire" just like we did when we were their age.

Wisdom = good judgment
Good judgment = Experience
Experience = Poor Judgment

Nothing like waking up with $30 in the bank and no job --after sinking everything in a business with the rent due to motivate someone as an example of the above

smoke if you got'em

wuchangAdministrator

#260091 - 08/06/19 07:56 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Dear Master Wu,
When you get done setting up the Therapy page to be moderated by Dr. Griffin, will you please set up an Investment Page for this kind of talk? Asking for 10's of friends.

Patience

This too will pass Grasshopper

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: wuchang]
      #260116 - 08/07/19 01:27 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
A conservative???
Not so much on some things,but that doesn't eliminate the use of common sense

I remember my parents telling me if I was counting on some inheritance, then I was going to be disappointed

I told them to spend every nickel because I didn't need their money--- they raised me to make my own

Molly and I gave my niece and nephew each a good used car
and 6 months of auto insurance so they would have dependable transportation to get to work

I figure they have to "learn to cross a river under fire" just like we did when we were their age.

Wisdom = good judgment
Good judgment = Experience
Experience = Poor Judgment

Nothing like waking up with $30 in the bank and no job --after sinking everything in a business with the rent due to motivate someone as an example of the above

smoke if you got'em

Wisdom = Knowledge of what could go wrong
Experience = Hard work of entire family self employed since 1967
Good Judgement = Cautious choices

Common sense = Not jumping off a cliff because someone says to.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#260152 - 08/12/19 02:10 PM

Im in the Alaskan wilderness for a week or so and come home to this...now im depressed.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown [Re: Bubba]
      #260215 - 08/27/19 09:00 AM

You shouldn't be.

Baseball guy was at a private party last week, with the Stanley Cup.

I had my granddaughter out Sunday afternoon, to a custom car, bike and gun show.

Her first ride in car with no seat belt, no car seat. What could go wrong? A lot, actually.

What actually happened:

She loved it, just like we all used to.....

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#260217 - 08/27/19 09:12 AM

Yep I remember hanging out the back of our '59 Ford station wagon blowing out my hot dog and cream soda lunch on hwy 21.

Them were the days.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

MB2

Re: Binnington's hometown *DELETED* [Re: last_stand]
      #260219 - 08/27/19 01:46 PM

Post deleted by MB2

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 5317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2616

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page