CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1
fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Eli Drink
      #264481 - 11/24/23 05:18 PM

Gotta give dude big time props! Had my doubts but no longer
WTG Tigers!

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Eli Drink [Re: fastman]
      #264485 - 11/27/23 05:54 PM

Quote:

fastman said:
Gotta give dude big time props! Had my doubts but no longer
WTG Tigers!

What a ride it's been.

I just can't help but thinking oh the 2 close losses.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Eli Drink [Re: last_stand]
      #264488 - 11/29/23 09:03 AM

They have found a way...hopefully they don't clog the transfer portal and this year's performance lands good talent for the next couple of years.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Eli Drink [Re: dabs]
      #264489 - 11/29/23 11:10 AM

Pleasant surprise indeed

last_stand

Re: Eli Drink [Re: dabs]
      #264493 - 12/01/23 05:16 PM

They just lost 3 D guys in the portal but the likely fact is those 3 are staring at more bench time if they stay.

Hopefully this year brings a strong portal class of players!

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#264498 - 12/08/23 10:30 AM

The word from all of the talking heads seems to be that there are a significant number of players asking about Mizzou and if they could be a fit. Hopefully Drink knows how to play that game well. Considering how new all of it is, I'm not sure anyone knows how to play it all that well. Such a balance between keeping your players that got you here and taking in new to restock the shelves. You have one more year with Cook and he has been better than most expected. What does Drink do if a premium Freshman or Sophomore QB wants to come to Mizzou? I know what Saban or Smart would do. It seems Drink is more of a Ted Lasso type of guy than a Saban or Smart. Now play that scenario out with every other position. Not easy choices, but choices that will define your team for the next few years.

I see Mizzou is a 6.5 pt underdog for the Cotton Bowl. I might take that bet, if I gambled. I think they showed they are not intimidated by a team's higher ranking. And Ohio St. may not have their hearts in the game, since they aren't one of the final 4. Or.... Ohio St. may show up with a chip on their shoulder and mop the floor with Mizzou And this is why I don't gamble.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Eli Drink [Re: sptsman]
      #264499 - 12/08/23 12:32 PM

OSU is getting hammered in the portal including their starting QB supposedly entering. I would doubt Harrison plays in a non CFP bowl games and risks getting hurt.

I like that Drink said players entering the portal can stay with the team and go to the bowl game. That's a good look for MU. Drink has signed a STL kid Toriano Prince from Clemson out of the portal. Sounds like he was a big recruit and is a good get as we were losing two senior starting DB's.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: Eli Drink [Re: IIFID]
      #264500 - 12/08/23 05:43 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
OSU is getting hammered in the portal including their starting QB supposedly entering. I would doubt Harrison plays in a non CFP bowl games and risks getting hurt.

I like that Drink said players entering the portal can stay with the team and go to the bowl game. That's a good look for MU. Drink has signed a STL kid Toriano Prince from Clemson out of the portal. Sounds like he was a big recruit and is a good get as we were losing two senior starting DB's.

At the time taken, he was the top CB in the Portal.

They need some LB's, a #1 RB, and more O line depth.

He could also yet pick off another teams verbal commit player too. That SLUH kid comes to mind.There's great talent in this state every year.

I like his chances in this Portal. Between Drinks out of the box recruiting character and the teams success, it should be good hunting.

So far so good.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#264520 - 12/19/23 03:09 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

At the time taken, he was the top CB in the Portal.

They need some LB's, a #1 RB, and more O line depth.

He could also yet pick off another teams verbal commit player too. That SLUH kid comes to mind.There's great talent in this state every year.

I like his chances in this Portal. Between Drinks out of the box recruiting character and the teams success, it should be good hunting.

So far so good.

Picking up the #6 RB rusher in the country helped. Picked up the top OL Tackle in the portal today from OU, Cayden Green. Just a MO kid coming back home. #1 overall kid from Arkansas, #24 Receiver in the nation Courtney Crutchfield committed today also. He can play both sides of the ball too. 3 sport athlete. Still plenty more to snag and show them the money. Another 10-2 season on tap for next season with that schedule. Who did we pay off to get that one????

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: Eli Drink [Re: H2ODOG]
      #264524 - 12/20/23 06:14 PM

And stole Sensabaugh from Tennessee.

And LB Smith came from Georgia.

Let's see how the "experts" ranked their portal recruiting.....I'm thinking upper half of SEC teams.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#264532 - 12/21/23 09:39 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
And stole Sensabaugh from Tennessee.

And LB Smith came from Georgia.

Let's see how the "experts" ranked their portal recruiting.....I'm thinking upper half of SEC teams.

They picked up Corey Flagg from Miami today too. He is a LB. 179 tackles — 24½ for loss — and 5½ sacks in 3 seasons. I'd say we have filled the void in the center of the D with him and Darris Smith from GA. That dude is a big kid. 6'5", 240 lbs.

Corey Flagg's brother is coming on as a preferred walk-on as well. He is a Safety. 2 year starter with 101 tackles Mizzou is up to #18 overall including the transfer portal, and ranking #11 in the portal.....with the new pickup of Flagg. Its still early too. Most of the high ranking teams have 25-28 committed kids. Mizzou has 20. Mizzou has 5 portal signings. 11 players left in the portal, so there is still more scholarships left and room to fill on the team.

--------------------

last_stand

#264541 - 12/23/23 06:54 PM

I'm thinking Crutchfield could be the key pick up. I love they stole him from Arkansas and then C. Green from Oke....bwaaaaa........while it picks up the Mizzou program it damn near decimates whatever chances those 2 losers had in their recruiting game.

The Oke clowns have inundated greens fathers insurance website with spam and insults.

Pure trash act.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#264552 - 12/25/23 07:03 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said: Who did we pay off to get that one????

I'm of the understanding they tried desperately to get out of a few of those patsy games and replace them with stronger opponents and they failed. That schedule my be their undoing, if they go 10-2 or 11-1 or if the miracle or miracles occurs and they go undefeated. They might be next season's Florida State.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Eli Drink [Re: sptsman]
      #264555 - 12/27/23 03:42 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said: Who did we pay off to get that one????

I'm of the understanding they tried desperately to get out of a few of those patsy games and replace them with stronger opponents and they failed. That schedule my be their undoing, if they go 10-2 or 11-1 or if the miracle or miracles occurs and they go undefeated. They might be next season's Florida State.

Next year 12 teams get in the playoffs. Mizzou will be a Top 25 team to start the season. If they go 10-2, they will be in the top 12 teams next season.

Florida State plays in a trash conference and didn't get in due to the ACC. Bobby B. stayed in the ACC years ago because he knew the best route to a NC with an undefeated season was in the ACC not the SEC.

The Big 10, ACC, and Pac12 all voted against expanding the playoffs to 12 teams this year. The SEC and Big 12 both voted in favor. Had they voted for an expansion early, Florida State would be in the deal. They have their own AD to blame. As does Penn State, Oregon, Ohio State. They all would be in this year had it got expanded.......so piss on Florida State. Mizzou would be in there this year, as would Old Piss, and Georgia.

--------------------

last_stand

#264562 - 12/30/23 05:28 PM

Well yeah 30 something would have been nice but gotta give 3rd ranked OSU D some credit.

On the other side of the ball dam near a perfect game.

And no Missouri choke in sight.

Congrats coach.

https://www.wwlp.com/sports/sports-illus...ns-were-in-awe/

--------------------

last_stand

#264579 - 01/06/24 05:42 PM

Well Baker bolted back to the team that canned him.

Jesus. Glad I'm not responsible for that decision towards his career.

Hear Smith might get promoted from within (very well thought of) but will be very interesting to see how Eli treads this huge decision.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#264582 - 01/07/24 12:17 PM

Baker is now LSU's highest paid assistant coach. Money talks... And word is he soon be know as Brian Kelly's successor in waiting..
All that happened 10 days after he signed an extension with MU? I hope LSU had to pay a pretty buyout at least...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: Eli Drink [Re: IIFID]
      #264584 - 01/08/24 05:20 PM

Missouri was 2.0 I heard.

But he got it sooner via signing bonus with LSU and his wifes fam is from the area.

Fork LSU. For Kelly too. Can't stand the arrogance between them.

For so many guys their word means zero. He was boasting after taking the Missouri extension how he wasn't going anywhere.

Gain success and the vultures come diving in.

Hope Drink finds the right guy. Gotta trust him on this.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1222

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page