CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #264669 - 02/27/24 03:32 PM

Quote:

fastman said:
Still playin gr8!

Huge game in a minute..sure hope the B Man is in goal!

Tough going when you come out for the puck drop without a clue.

These guys are running out of time while they fiddle their chances away.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #264675 - 02/28/24 02:51 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

fastman said:
Still playin gr8!

Huge game in a minute..sure hope the B Man is in goal!

Tough going when you come out for the puck drop without a clue.

These guys are running out of time while they fiddle their chances away.

Making the trade deadline decision easy. I know most folks want them competitive all the time, but clearing cap space and racking up high draft pics is a formula that has worked to win Cups many times. Our hated rivals, the Blackhawks did it and won 3 Cups. And they're working that angle right now. See Pittsburgh, Edmonton and a few others. Of course plenty have tried that approach and failed as well. I know he catches a lot of krap, but I still think DA is the right man for the job...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #264691 - 03/08/24 10:41 PM

They're not gonna make it this season. I was watching close before the all-star break and thought they were coming together. Nah.

With a +/- of -16 and less than 20 games left....turn out the lights when you leave. Same old same old.....no scoring.

Armstrong will get one more season....maybe... then he's done barring a big turnaround.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #264692 - 03/10/24 01:24 AM

It's over.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

#264700 - 03/12/24 08:07 AM

I would suggest that after this season the cupboards will be stocked pretty well and they could have a Cup contending team in the '25-'26 season. Next year a few of the 2023 draft picks might make it to the NHL for some seasoning and they can use others as chips to get the veterans they need to infill. Buchnevich will almost certainly be traded in the off-season, unless they can find a team like the Sabers or some other saps to take Kyrou. But that's unlikely. Both Binnington and Hofer could carry this team on a playoff run. Binnington has already shown it and Hofer looks to be the real deal. At $6m a year, Binnington is a steal. They could get a king's ransom for him, but that would be foolish. If they can make a playoff run next year (unlikely) or the next, he becomes invaluable. He and Robert Thomas are the best players on this team, by far!

Firing DA would be a huge mistake, unless they have a can't miss replacement.

As an added bonus, the Blackhawks will be on about the same trajectory with Bedard and whatever high pick they get this year. It could be fun to have a Blues / Blackhawks rivalry that means something again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#264702 - 03/14/24 01:15 AM

Ok, Boomer.

--------------------

Edited by griffin (03/14/24 01:16 AM)

last_stand

#264724 - 03/20/24 09:25 PM

Last night, a critical game...........Buch, Faulk and JK just bombed and that was about all it took for the skilled Avs team to take them down by a pp goal.

But what the heck I will wait for the fat lady to sing before I throw in the towel.

What 13 to go and they need to win about 10?

Go Blue Baby!

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#264734 - 03/25/24 05:30 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
It's over.

Maybe & yet maybe knot!
Last month I said something about a big game & the Bluzz fizzled.
Hope I don't jinx the boyz again tonite.

Seems to me a make or break 60 minutes.
Think I'll pray for a WIN!

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #264736 - 03/30/24 06:31 PM

Quote:

fastman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
It's over.

Maybe & yet maybe knot!
Last month I said something about a big game & the Bluzz fizzled.
Hope I don't jinx the boyz again tonite.

Seems to me a make or break 60 minutes.
Think I'll pray for a WIN!

Fast dude we are likely down to going 9-1 to finish to have a shot.

WTFork.........I'll be watching tonight!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#264748 - 04/04/24 11:28 PM

It's over.....really over.

--------------------

sptsman

#264750 - 04/05/24 09:09 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

It was really over when they lost to the Sharks, the worst team in the NHL, when it mattered if they won or lost. Not a huge fan of Drew Bannister, but not sure it really matters with this team until the '25-'26 season. Also hard to get a read on what he can do, with the current circumstances.

Ironically, the best part about this team is the goaltending. Not sure what to think about Kyrou. So far, it looks like a bad contract. He has skills and could easily score 40-50 goals a year, with the right team. But he is not a great two-way player (his +/- is sitting at -12 for this season) and his physicality is non-existent. Is that the player you want in the NHL playoffs? He's 6'-1" and listed at 196 lbs. (doubtful) and plays like he's 5'-8" and 165 lbs. Somebody needs to work with him to put on 10-15 lbs. and possibly get him a bigger set of balls. His style of play works when your pumping in 40-50 goals and racking up 100+ points a season. Then you get a few enforcers protecting you. But he likely won't hit 30 goals or 75 point this season. Possibly the most frustrating part of his game is not watching him lose so many puck battles and getting knocked off the puck, but rather, his inconsistent play. This guy just can't bring himself to show up for every game. Taking nights off in the NHL is a surefire way to get the fans booing you and teammates not respecting you. Unfortunately, I think that's where we are with JK. And we're there at $8 mil a year. UGH!!

Overall, there are some good things that came out of this season. Parayko finally found it in himself to play up to his contract. I can see him anchoring this D, Like Petro did when he was here. Robert Thomas matured a little more. As previously stated, the goaltending is mostly solid. I can see next season being another building block year, getting some of 2023 1st rounders some NHL ice time.

On a brighter note, the Cardinals are 8 games into the 2024 season and are dead last in the NL Central...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#264751 - 04/05/24 10:05 AM

If you can't score goals you can't make the playoffs.....the current roster is nowhere close to a contender, and the horses aren't there to build one. Armstrong needs to go.

--------------------

last_stand

#264759 - 04/16/24 05:47 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

It was really over when they lost to the Sharks, the worst team in the NHL, when it mattered if they won or lost. Not a huge fan of Drew Bannister, but not sure it really matters with this team until the '25-'26 season. Also hard to get a read on what he can do, with the current circumstances.

Ironically, the best part about this team is the goaltending. Not sure what to think about Kyrou. So far, it looks like a bad contract. He has skills and could easily score 40-50 goals a year, with the right team. But he is not a great two-way player (his +/- is sitting at -12 for this season) and his physicality is non-existent. Is that the player you want in the NHL playoffs? He's 6'-1" and listed at 196 lbs. (doubtful) and plays like he's 5'-8" and 165 lbs. Somebody needs to work with him to put on 10-15 lbs. and possibly get him a bigger set of balls. His style of play works when your pumping in 40-50 goals and racking up 100+ points a season. Then you get a few enforcers protecting you. But he likely won't hit 30 goals or 75 point this season. Possibly the most frustrating part of his game is not watching him lose so many puck battles and getting knocked off the puck, but rather, his inconsistent play. This guy just can't bring himself to show up for every game. Taking nights off in the NHL is a surefire way to get the fans booing you and teammates not respecting you. Unfortunately, I think that's where we are with JK. And we're there at $8 mil a year. UGH!!

Overall, there are some good things that came out of this season. Parayko finally found it in himself to play up to his contract. I can see him anchoring this D, Like Petro did when he was here. Robert Thomas matured a little more. As previously stated, the goaltending is mostly solid. I can see next season being another building block year, getting some of 2023 1st rounders some NHL ice time.

On a brighter note, the Cardinals are 8 games into the 2024 season and are dead last in the NL Central...

Cracks me up listening to you guys bash the leading goal scorer on a team that failed to score goals.

Kyrou improved his 200 foot game 2 fold this year, scored fewer goals doing it.....but the b1tching never stops. And yes he needs to still improve it some more but THAT is NOT the issue to be looking at with him or team.

He's a talented player, immature to a fault, but he's going to score goals and right now with all the b1tching his contract is in line with multiple players in the league with 30 plus goal range.

He is NOT the problem.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#264760 - 04/16/24 10:32 PM

This is where Dawg posts up the golf bag image……..unless he is in Botswana or some place killing the native wildlife

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES [Re: wuchang]
      #264761 - 04/17/24 08:57 AM

botswana

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2630

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page