CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> Swampfox's Joke Section

Pages: 1
SwampFoxModerator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Mid Mo

Takin care of Mama
      #30914 - 03/14/06 11:09 AM

Four brothers left home for college and became sucessful doctors and lawyers. Needless to say, they did quite well for themselves.

Several years later, the four had gotten together for dinner and were discussing the gifts they had been able to et for their aging mother, who now lived far away, in another city.

The first said "I had built a big house for Momma."

The second added "I had put a fifty thousand dollar thater in the house."

The third noted that he had sent a brand new Mercedes Benz for her to enjoy.

The fourth said "you know how momma always loved to read her bible. Now that she is older, she can't read anymore. I met this preacher who told me about a parrot who could recite the entire bible. It took twenty priests a dozen years to train it. I had to pledge $100,000.00 a year for twenty years to buy the bird...but it was truly amazing. State chapter and verse, and the parrot could recite it.

After the Holidays, Momma sent thank you notes for her gifts.

Milton: The house you built is so huge. I live in one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thank you anyway.

Marvin: you built a theater with surround sound that could seat fifty people. All my friends are dead, I am nearly blind and have lost most of my hearing, but it was a nice gesture.

Michael: I am too old to travel, my groceries are delivered and I can't see to drive, but the thought was nice.

Melvin: You were the only son with the sense to put some thought into your gift. The chicken was delicious.

Love ya,

Momma

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  SwampFox, JimDog 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 420

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page