CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Nascar - The Replacement for the WWE

Pages: 1
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style
      #234925 - 01/02/13 01:51 PM

What you didn't know was in that budget....

1) Help out NASCAR - Sec 312 extends the “seven year recovery period for motorsports entertainment complex property”, which is to say it allows anyone who builds a racetrack and associated facilities to get tax breaks on it. This one was projected to cost $43 million over two years.

Read more at http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/01/e...BXEFQ0X2VloY.99

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style [Re: MB2]
      #234926 - 01/02/13 02:46 PM

Shovel ready eh?

MB2

Re: Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style [Re: wuchang]
      #234931 - 01/02/13 03:36 PM

Like I said, these car corporations leave North American shores, and what they're fishing for is TECHNOLOGY, and the people in R&D who develop new designs and processes with them.

There is little room for nostalgia. One thing about the way I was raised, was never get too attached to a piece of sheet metal. It's just a commodity. It's just a car, and there will be other cars.

But, why-oh-why subsidize a sport in which the ORIGINAL GOAL was to go fast, AND SELL North American built cars, when the sport has already peaked, is now in a steady attendance decline, and the North American car manufacturers are failing??

There isn't one of us here who, if we had the notion to open a race track, would expect the government to subsidize us.

In order to get that subsidy, you'd have to have extrodinarily clear numbers when completing an application for that subsidy. Wouldn't you know, that NASCAR would have those numbers in hand? Incredible.

Brother, can you spare a subsidy?

~~*just shaking my head*~~

It won't matter a bit in my life.

An old friend published his first book last year, called "Remember When", and he's asked for my help with the follow up to that book, starting in the spring.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style [Re: MB2]
      #234933 - 01/02/13 05:14 PM

All those items in the article have ties to Democratic Party pet projects--
yeah, I know the guy that wrote it is looking at it as a corporate dealio

Thing is corporations just pass the cost through

racetrack-- construction jobs-- road improvements etc-- Union Jobs?

railroads-- high speed rail needs maintenance of existing tracks-- lot of Union jobs

Movie Industry-- liberal stronghold and fundraising center

Mining-- Union Jobs and lawyers

Goldman Sachs-- fundraising and Chicago business methods

Banks-- They have to have some way to pay the "extortion" pressed upon them by this administration

Tax credits--enough said

R&D-- Solyndra, wind energy and all the carbon free stuff

Sound and Fury quote would be appropriate about now.

MB2

Re: Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style [Re: wuchang]
      #234938 - 01/03/13 01:53 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
All those items in the article have ties to Democratic Party pet projects--
yeah, I know the guy that wrote it is looking at it as a corporate dealio

Thing is corporations just pass the cost through

racetrack-- construction jobs-- road improvements etc-- Union Jobs?

railroads-- high speed rail needs maintenance of existing tracks-- lot of Union jobs

Movie Industry-- liberal stronghold and fundraising center

Mining-- Union Jobs and lawyers

Goldman Sachs-- fundraising and Chicago business methods

Banks-- They have to have some way to pay the "extortion" pressed upon them by this administration

Tax credits--enough said

R&D-- Solyndra, wind energy and all the carbon free stuff

Sound and Fury quote would be appropriate about now.

And, it's been that way as long as governments have been handing out subsidies, because they shouldn't be handing them out to corporations. This is one of reasons the Nationwide race failed in Montreal. The promoters couldn't run it without support from the Quebec government's department of tourism, and each year, the department of tourism would wait until the very last minute to chip in.

NO corporation should be dependant upon any government for its livelihood. Right out of the box, G.M.'s newest stock offering tanked, because it can't support itself on its own, any longer.

Of course the Obama government is going to give to it's pet projects - now you know NASCAR's one of them.

And, these subsidies go on for years, not only at the tax payer's expense, but those of our kids. And, maybe your kid's not watching, but he or she will be paying, just like mine!

This is why, history's a good thing to look at, but you NEVER want to live in it - once that precedent is set with the FIRST subsidy, some rat bas*ard lawyer will drag it out 5 or 20 years down the road, and it'll be in the budget AGAIN. Given the number or grave ERRORS in JUDGEMENT governments make, you know there's more MISTAKES in those budgets than enlightening tidbits on "How to survive independantly", and the lawyers will snoop around and find every one of them....

This is why I can't stand snoops, they have no REAL vision of their own. They just follow.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  3s, hucklburry 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 478

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page